Windows 10: High end build, stuttering in every game

Discus and support High end build, stuttering in every game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Yep, as I figured as that's the only scenario where you are capping FPS to 60. Thank Rock Star for poor CPU optimization and complain with a support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by djanthony93, Aug 26, 2017.

1. High end build, stuttering in every game

Are you able to play without VSync? Since I get stuttering and lag spikes in every game that is a problem of mine

djanthony93, Aug 27, 2017

2. As a general rule I go for max graphics and see what my MINIMUM FPS are. If my minimum is 120 or 144 (which is rare) I will lock it in with V Sync. So I don't use V Sync in GTA V.

I'm surprised to hear you get stuttering in every game. Honestly don't know what's going on as I don't have those other games you mention. Game devs and their console ports. There are so many CPU/MB configurations and they don't spend the time/money on all of them - perhaps the most common - which is maybe a reason why I don't get stutters but you do. I do get those occasional stutters in some games.

I understand your frustration but I would go with input lag instead of those stutters any day. I would still send in a support request to Rock Star to see if they have any additional advice. Who knows - maybe they have some info that can help with your other games as well.

specialkone, Aug 27, 2017
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    sygnus21, Aug 28, 2017
  4. High end build, stuttering in every game

I don't know if this could be helpful but this is my latest Latencymon run:

Should I done a clean directx installation?

djanthony93, Aug 28, 2017
  5. Last attempts before formatting completely: disabled Turbo mode, C-States, set the FCLK to 400Mhz (and 800Mhz), updated all C++ Visual, no fix at all.

6. I've recorded an .etl xperf file during a GTA V gameplay, there's a lot of DxgKrnl EvictAllocations events in the trace, could that be helpful? I don't know how to go on with the analysis

7. Same problem
    Hope we'll find a fix

Cob Kurtain, Aug 28, 2017
  8. High end build, stuttering in every game

Did you try the ASIO4ALL? As latency monitor states you clearly have a latency issue.

If you don't want to install ASIO4ALL, then at least disable integrated Graphics completely and then also disable the NVidia HD audio service.

Another thing you could also try is to put CPU MAX state to 99% in Power Management. Sometimes TurboBoost can interfere with the GPU. Try it, though it's not a final solution, but helps pinpoint the problem.

Final thing that also could interfere is PowerMizer service in nVidia driver. Try disable that one too.

slicendice, Aug 28, 2017
  9. Installed the 2.14

Integrated graphics was already disabled since post #1, I don't have Nvida HD audio drivers because I installed Physics and GFE only

Done

Disabled

Don't have that service

Today there's was a GTA V patch, I closed LINK and SS engine, started the game and still getting stuttering.
    I'm wondering if it is an hardware issue, are you able to analyze a .etl file?

10. PowerMizer is built in to the driver, no external service references are to be seen. It is similar to system built in CPU states but for GPU. Requires a registry hack if I remember correctly. (can be dangerous if your cooling is not good)

What you also could check is to see if your voltages are constant during game play.

slicendice, Aug 28, 2017
  11. I did a fresh new Windows 10 install, installed all the basic stuff, still stuttering

12. Read somewhere that you need to downgrade, try with the build from the anniversary update

Cob Kurtain, Aug 28, 2017
  13. High end build, stuttering in every game

have you tried to downgrade? You can't avoid the creators update in my mind

14. Plankton Win User
    I just found this thread....no one has caught the OS build or that I can see. Your build is 15063 and the lastest is 1703. That's where I would start first.

2nd....is this a brand new build? If so, I clean install of the OS and drivers is mandatory. Personally, I don't like migrating my OS but that's just me....a clean install is always best. With the drivers, make sure you have all the latest drivers installed.

Plankton, Aug 28, 2017
  15. Plankton Win User
    What BIOS are you using....Legacy BIOS or UEFI? How many sticks of RAM do you have installed?

Plankton, Aug 28, 2017
Thema:

High end build, stuttering in every game

1. High end build, stuttering in every game - Similar Threads - High end build

2. massive fortnite stutters on high end custom gaming pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    massive fortnite stutters on high end custom gaming pc: hi i have a gaming pc and after installing my new rtx 3070 fortnite hasnt been running the same, it runs over 300 fps but then i get a massive 10-15 second stutter that is 2-15 fps randomly, i have downloaded the latest gpu driver and performed a clean installation and also...
  3. massive fortnite stutters on high end custom gaming pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    massive fortnite stutters on high end custom gaming pc: hi i have a gaming pc and after installing my new rtx 3070 fortnite hasnt been running the same, it runs over 300 fps but then i get a massive 10-15 second stutter that is 2-15 fps randomly, i have downloaded the latest gpu driver and performed a clean installation and also...
  4. Micro stutter on high end and mid pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Micro stutter on high end and mid pc: Hello, I have buyed new pc for a year and 2 or 3 months and I have been experiencing fps drop and stutters and it happens on all games I tried lowering resolution still same problem tried lowering graphics still same problem disabled HPET and dynamic ticks and that Microsoft...
  5. Micro stutter on high end and mid pc

Micro stutter on high end and mid pc: Hello, I have buyed new pc for a year and 2 or 3 months and I have been experiencing fps drop and stutters and it happens on all games I tried lowering resolution still same problem tried lowering graphics still same problem disabled HPET and dynamic ticks and that Microsoft...
  6. Micro stutter on high end and mid pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. FPS stutters in every game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS stutters in every game: I have rebooted my whole System/Windows completely and also completely formatted all my hard drives with [diskpart > clean all]. Now I noticed that I have random fps stutters in games. Such problems like that I never had before, everything ran super smooth. Does anyone have...
  8. FPS stutters in every game

FPS stutters in every game: I have rebooted my whole System/Windows completely and also completely formatted all my hard drives with [diskpart > clean all]. Now I noticed that I have random fps stutters in games. Such problems like that I never had before, everything ran super smooth. Does anyone have...
  9. Micro Stutter on high end system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Micro Stutter on high end system.: Hi There,Thank you for your time and I hope you're safe and happy. I've had a problem with a micro-stutter for at least 6 months now. System info is attached. Not noted there is also an AMD Radeon RX580 8Gb DDR5 GPU. The computer is under warranty with DELL and every single...
  10. Is it really cheaper to build a high end gaming pc then to buy one?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it really cheaper to build a high end gaming pc then to buy one?: Hi, on youtube i randomly found a video that a guy made saying that he built his gaming pc for much cheaper then buying a prebuilt one. So with that logic, i could theoretically build a $300 dollar pc, but if i baught one, it could be almost $1000 even though they have...