Windows 10: High end build, stuttering in every game

Discus and support High end build, stuttering in every game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Well all i can say is this something is causing latency issues which means something is not working correctly i feel it might be his GPU even though he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by djanthony93, Aug 26, 2017.

1. High end build, stuttering in every game

Yes, I suggested to the OP to monitor all voltages. If they are not stable at all times, that could be the issue. I don't know it any action has been taken on this regard. Either way, GTA issues should be eliminated by troubleshooting this issue on another game, known to be stable. GTA is far from stable.

slicendice, Sep 1, 2017
  2. Cliff S New Member

If it's just micro-stuttering:
    It could be a system timing conflict(Windows own system timer vs. HPET in BIOS), in your case, with system timing, enabling or disabling(opposite of the current setting) HPET in BIOS, and see if it helps.

A good tool to test if your system timing is the problem is WinTimerTester: WinTimerTester_1.1

also read this:
    TWEAK: Enable HPET (in BIOS and OS) for better performance and FPS - OS Customization, Tips and Tweaks - Neowin

Cliff S, Sep 1, 2017
  3. Cliff S New Member
    To test it use the stress test in CPU-Z

High end build, stuttering in every game [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 1, 2017
  4. High end build, stuttering in every game

Before enabling HPET in Windows I've got 3.4 Mhz and the Ratio hit the 1 stable after a while ~110 QPC / GTC (no CPU-Z stress test).
    Enabling HPET in Windows will raise the QueryPerformanceFrequency to 24.00000 MHz and the Ratio is unstable (0.999 ~ 1.0001 ~ 1.0002) during the CPU-Z stress test.
    EDIT: Ratio will be stable at 1 after ~250 QPC / GTC (no CPU-Z stress test)
    I recently updated the BIOS motherboard to the latest 3504 version and I didn't touched any of the default options, the only thing I enabled is the XMP profile for the RAM to run them at 3200, everything else is stock.
    There's no option for HPET in ASUS z170 BIOS.

EDIT2:
    The system doesn't feel smoother than before, in game (Rocket League) there's a lot of micro-stuttering (VSync off) but enabling HPET in OS fixed the DPC latency

djanthony93, Sep 1, 2017
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Is the micro-stuttering only in game, or, in benchmarking tools too, like Fur Mark, MSI Kombuster, Unigine or 3D Mark... etc benchmarks?
    I don't mean the games benchmarks, sorry...

Cliff S, Sep 1, 2017
  6. During Heaven benchmark I get no micro-stuttering and the score is the same as before (actually I've got 15~20 points less) and the framerate in RL is unstable (144 fps cap, 141~143 fps)

djanthony93, Sep 1, 2017
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Also if the stuttering is only when you're moving in the game, can you swap your mouse, and keyboard out with other ones, to see if it's USB polling(and DPI sensitivity) problem?

Cliff S, Sep 1, 2017
  8. Cliff S New Member

High end build, stuttering in every game

Something I just found: (Micro) Stutter in almost every game! - PC Gaming

Cliff S, Sep 1, 2017
  9. I unplugged mouse and keyboard and played with my XBOX 360 controller and viceversa, it didn't helped.
    Also it will take longer to open the in game menu and to apply settings

djanthony93, Sep 1, 2017
  10. Cliff S New Member
    The only other thing I can think of, is, if you haven't already tried: set BIOS(save current OC & BIOS profile first, if your mainboard allows it), Windows, GPU/NVIDIA Control Panel, and a game to default settings, and if the problem isn't there then, make changes one at a time or in group types, to see what is causing the problem.

Cliff S, Sep 1, 2017
  11. I was having a read about VSync discussion over the internet.
    I read a lot of topics about stuttering introduced when VSync is enabled caused by GPU that can't handle the monitor refresh rate, example: you are at 60hz, 60 fps and you will drop to 30 if the framerate goes down to 57. But that's not my case, when I have VSync enabled in Rocket League, my fps is 144 solid but it will never significantly drop and cause a huge stuttering, what happens is that the framerate will drop to 138~140 causing a micro-freeze of the image. Same things happens on GTA V (single player) when VSsync is enabled. I hope you've got the point.

djanthony93, Sep 1, 2017
  12. This is a video showing how stuttering looks like in Rocket League:

Rocket League V-Sync stuttering - YouTube

notice the fps drops, this is the fps graph in Afterburner:

highest drops are match joining, alt-tab and menu openings. As you can see the stuttering appears when fps drops down in the range of 130~140 and looks like a stuttering, is this a common effect of VSync?

This is the framerate when VSync is off:

Fps drops are alt-tab, menu etc.
    As you can see it never go down 144, max settings, VSync off in game and enabled in the Nvidia control panel, Triple buffering on. Adaptive cause less stuttering but cause tearing sometimes.
    Can you explain? Isn't VSync to drop the framerate half of the monitor refresh rate? Why isn't that drop reported? What are those micro-freeze?

djanthony93, Sep 2, 2017
  13. High end build, stuttering in every game

Nvidia support told me it is a Creators update issue and suggested me to roll back to Anniversary

djanthony93, Sep 3, 2017
  14. Sure, they always try to blame someone else. I doubt that will solve anything in the long run. You will be forced to go to Creators update eventually anyways, so the issue should be solved another way...

slicendice, Sep 4, 2017
  15. Rolled back to Anniversary update suggested by Nvidia, nothing changed lol
    But I'm still here and I'll keep investigating, I recorded an .etl performance track, I noticed a latency spikes in the GTA.exe process, analysing the GPU queue you can see there's no packets being processed, there happens the stuttering / image freeze:

djanthony93, Sep 4, 2017
Thema:

High end build, stuttering in every game

1. High end build, stuttering in every game - Similar Threads - High end build

2. massive fortnite stutters on high end custom gaming pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    massive fortnite stutters on high end custom gaming pc: hi i have a gaming pc and after installing my new rtx 3070 fortnite hasnt been running the same, it runs over 300 fps but then i get a massive 10-15 second stutter that is 2-15 fps randomly, i have downloaded the latest gpu driver and performed a clean installation and also...
  3. massive fortnite stutters on high end custom gaming pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    massive fortnite stutters on high end custom gaming pc: hi i have a gaming pc and after installing my new rtx 3070 fortnite hasnt been running the same, it runs over 300 fps but then i get a massive 10-15 second stutter that is 2-15 fps randomly, i have downloaded the latest gpu driver and performed a clean installation and also...
  4. Micro stutter on high end and mid pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Micro stutter on high end and mid pc: Hello, I have buyed new pc for a year and 2 or 3 months and I have been experiencing fps drop and stutters and it happens on all games I tried lowering resolution still same problem tried lowering graphics still same problem disabled HPET and dynamic ticks and that Microsoft...
  5. Micro stutter on high end and mid pc

Micro stutter on high end and mid pc: Hello, I have buyed new pc for a year and 2 or 3 months and I have been experiencing fps drop and stutters and it happens on all games I tried lowering resolution still same problem tried lowering graphics still same problem disabled HPET and dynamic ticks and that Microsoft...
  6. Micro stutter on high end and mid pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. FPS stutters in every game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS stutters in every game: I have rebooted my whole System/Windows completely and also completely formatted all my hard drives with [diskpart > clean all]. Now I noticed that I have random fps stutters in games. Such problems like that I never had before, everything ran super smooth. Does anyone have...
  8. FPS stutters in every game

FPS stutters in every game: I have rebooted my whole System/Windows completely and also completely formatted all my hard drives with [diskpart > clean all]. Now I noticed that I have random fps stutters in games. Such problems like that I never had before, everything ran super smooth. Does anyone have...
  9. Micro Stutter on high end system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Micro Stutter on high end system.: Hi There,Thank you for your time and I hope you're safe and happy. I've had a problem with a micro-stutter for at least 6 months now. System info is attached. Not noted there is also an AMD Radeon RX580 8Gb DDR5 GPU. The computer is under warranty with DELL and every single...
  10. Is it really cheaper to build a high end gaming pc then to buy one?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it really cheaper to build a high end gaming pc then to buy one?: Hi, on youtube i randomly found a video that a guy made saying that he built his gaming pc for much cheaper then buying a prebuilt one. So with that logic, i could theoretically build a $300 dollar pc, but if i baught one, it could be almost $1000 even though they have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fix game stuttering hpet

2. ratio qpc gtc

3. qpc /gtc .999