Windows 10: High end build, stuttering in every game

Discus and support High end build, stuttering in every game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; None of my friends are experiencing any stuttering with the game, even on low end builds Just for kicks since you tried everything else, try DXTORY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by djanthony93, Aug 26, 2017.

1. High end build, stuttering in every game

Just for kicks since you tried everything else, try DXTORY software. I had one game that would stutter all the time. I tried this and it works perfect. It does several things but the only thing I checked was the frame rate. I selected to force the framerate to 60 fps. Worked for me anyway. My system is newer than yours and still got stuttering in that game until I installed that software.

stealth2920, Sep 4, 2017

2. You have probably fixed a stuttering that you would be able to notice at 144hz only

djanthony93, Sep 5, 2017
  3. Actually I had the stuttering no matter what hz I ran the monitor at. Nothing I did corrected the stutter until someone suggested that software that forces the frame rate to whatever you assign it to. 60 fps just happened to fix that game. None of my other games were ever an issue though.

stealth2920, Sep 5, 2017
  4. High end build, stuttering in every game

Capping the frame rate to 60hz and playing it at 72hz with vsync enabled shoudl reduce the stuttering but there's some games having troubles with 144hz vsync actually, I'm still investigating if this is a problem of my hardware or a problem of the games.

djanthony93, Sep 5, 2017
  5. Sounds more hardware related i have two monitors from asus both swift one is 2560/1440 144hz the other is 3440/1440p 100hz i think your card might be faulty

solarstarshines, Sep 5, 2017
  6. Have you read about Rocket League? I'm getting 250 fps without Vsync, never go under 180~, why would the Vsync makes my fps unstable and cause that occasional stuttering? Also GTA V is giving me some random freezes even when Vsync is disabled, also when the stutter occurs it will not be recorded as an fps drop

djanthony93, Sep 5, 2017
  7. I calculated your I5-6600K and 1060-6GB you have 8% Bottleneck which is pretty good

You get any other GPU higher than that one you will experience a higher bottleneck

8. High end build, stuttering in every game

I actually edited my response have you tried other GPU's in your machine to seeif it does the same ?

Another 1060 ?

9. I have no other GPU or any other build unfortunally, is there any test to exclude it is a faulty hardware issue?

djanthony93, Sep 5, 2017
  10. Stuttering pretty much equals input lag there is bad communication between the Gpu and monitor so i would either test a solo monitor again none of the one's you have for gaming

Also the card could be starved for Power as well i would crank all voltages to max and see what it does

GPU Voltage and target voltage

11. NOOO! DON't crank up your voltages to MAX...you could blow your GPU or something else too if not careful. But yes, monitor the voltages, as I have mentioned repeatedly. If you get a lot of swings then there might be some PSU issues or cable connection issues.

slicendice, Sep 5, 2017
  12. Do you even know what i am talking about ?

I am talking about GPU voltages that are safe to boost to max he can take his locked voltage and max it out as the same with his target voltage i know what i am talking about

Now as i was saying if you look at the photo of my Auros 1080ti i have it cranked to max it might need some extra juice and this will help with stability and possibly a undervolted card and make sure to use max power in Nvidia settings as well

High end build, stuttering in every game [​IMG]

13. High end build, stuttering in every game

Yes I know exactly what I am talking about! As electrical engineering as a secondary hobby, I know that cranking up voltages can work, but you can also blow up your system, including the PSU. Start by monitoring the voltages at heavy load and ALWAYS increase them carefully. If there is a problem with the PSU or some cabling you might end up in completely fried computer, including PSU, MB, HDDS, GPU and CPU.

More of something is not always better, unless it is justified, but we have not seen any proof of more juice needed as of yet.

slicendice, Sep 5, 2017
  14. Depending on the board it should handle it and you know as a engineer which i am not you know there is a shut down protection before something goes haywire and that is actually dependent on the hardware he is using so far from his specs he is using a asus mobo and good ram

His psu shouldn't overload if it is a good one *Cool

15. We need facts for this particular system. A trustworthy brand or PSU is not a fact for 100% of all devices with exactly the same configuration as the OP computer. There is variance in everything. First we need to collect all available stats, and then we can start adjusting something if justified.

A simple 3.3V reference can be anything from 3.2 - 3.4V at heavy load and can cause a lot of instability if it varies a lot. But we need proof of stability before we go into adjusting all parameters. It is just a matter of eliminating things that do work and focus on things that do not work.

Since the OP has no issue running benchmarks, the problem is most likely somewhere else.

slicendice, Sep 5, 2017
Thema:

High end build, stuttering in every game

1. High end build, stuttering in every game - Similar Threads - High end build

2. massive fortnite stutters on high end custom gaming pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    massive fortnite stutters on high end custom gaming pc: hi i have a gaming pc and after installing my new rtx 3070 fortnite hasnt been running the same, it runs over 300 fps but then i get a massive 10-15 second stutter that is 2-15 fps randomly, i have downloaded the latest gpu driver and performed a clean installation and also...
  3. massive fortnite stutters on high end custom gaming pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    massive fortnite stutters on high end custom gaming pc: hi i have a gaming pc and after installing my new rtx 3070 fortnite hasnt been running the same, it runs over 300 fps but then i get a massive 10-15 second stutter that is 2-15 fps randomly, i have downloaded the latest gpu driver and performed a clean installation and also...
  4. Micro stutter on high end and mid pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Micro stutter on high end and mid pc: Hello, I have buyed new pc for a year and 2 or 3 months and I have been experiencing fps drop and stutters and it happens on all games I tried lowering resolution still same problem tried lowering graphics still same problem disabled HPET and dynamic ticks and that Microsoft...
  5. Micro stutter on high end and mid pc

Micro stutter on high end and mid pc: Hello, I have buyed new pc for a year and 2 or 3 months and I have been experiencing fps drop and stutters and it happens on all games I tried lowering resolution still same problem tried lowering graphics still same problem disabled HPET and dynamic ticks and that Microsoft...
  6. Micro stutter on high end and mid pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. FPS stutters in every game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS stutters in every game: I have rebooted my whole System/Windows completely and also completely formatted all my hard drives with [diskpart > clean all]. Now I noticed that I have random fps stutters in games. Such problems like that I never had before, everything ran super smooth. Does anyone have...
  8. FPS stutters in every game

FPS stutters in every game: I have rebooted my whole System/Windows completely and also completely formatted all my hard drives with [diskpart > clean all]. Now I noticed that I have random fps stutters in games. Such problems like that I never had before, everything ran super smooth. Does anyone have...
  9. Micro Stutter on high end system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Micro Stutter on high end system.: Hi There,Thank you for your time and I hope you're safe and happy. I've had a problem with a micro-stutter for at least 6 months now. System info is attached. Not noted there is also an AMD Radeon RX580 8Gb DDR5 GPU. The computer is under warranty with DELL and every single...
  10. Is it really cheaper to build a high end gaming pc then to buy one?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it really cheaper to build a high end gaming pc then to buy one?: Hi, on youtube i randomly found a video that a guy made saying that he built his gaming pc for much cheaper then buying a prebuilt one. So with that logic, i could theoretically build a $300 dollar pc, but if i baught one, it could be almost $1000 even though they have...