Windows 10: high end pc noob

Discus and support high end pc noob in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have pentium 4 and when i buy i7 can place my pentium4 hard drive disc i think sata in the new one ? can i put 2 hdds ? and can they work together ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by houss, Sep 4, 2018.

1. houss Win User

high end pc noob

i have pentium 4 and when i buy i7 can place my pentium4 hard drive disc i think sata in the new one ?
    can i put 2 hdds ? and can they work together ?

:)

houss, Sep 4, 2018
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

high end pc noob

There are two things that would keep the old HDD from booting on the new i7 motherboard:

1. Legacy BIOS v. UEFI. The new motherboard is likely to be UEFI. You'll have to boot the old HDD in legacy BIOS or CSM mode. That will be a setting in the new motherboard's UEFI settings.

2. The SATA interface mode. The old computer may have been in IDE mode. The new i7 motherboard should be set to AHCI mode. To prevent boot failure, before removing the HDD from the old computer, open Device Manager and delete the entry under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers:

high end pc noob [​IMG]

:

NavyLCDR, Sep 4, 2018
  3. asishbm98 Win User
    High End Game on a Low end PC

what happens when playing high end games on low end pc

asishbm98, Sep 4, 2018
  4. high end pc noob

High End GPU Shortage???

Whose to blame for the shortage in high-end GPUs? Is it these crypto miners or should part of the blame be placed on the manufacturers deliberately keeping the demand up?

AMDs RX-480/580 cards are like gold dust and fly out the retail door before they've even been put on shelves and GTX-1070s/1080s at over inflated prices due to high demand.

I've just been reading that in Italy,..there is a shortage of high-end GPUs and even many retailers and online stores in Germany are suffering shortages too. In fact, it seems this is a Europe-wide problem with sellers experiencing problems obtaining high-end GPU stocks with waiting lists up to three months!

Runnerbean, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

high end pc noob

1. high end pc noob - Similar Threads - high end noob

2. Noob question re resetting PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Noob question re resetting PC: Hi, so basically I've got an issue that I've been trying to fix for hours and can't be bothered with anymore, so I'm gonna reset my PC (laptop). I don't really care if I lose my personal files, as I've only had it for a few days anyway. All I want to know is, will resetting...
  3. High end PC completely crippled by Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High end PC completely crippled by Antimalware Service Executable: Since 3 days now this Antimalware Service Executable is making my CPU run at 100% non stop for about 10 minutes after opening any application. This extremely slows down my computer. For example opening my browser or just opening a new tab can take a minute. I even experience...
  4. Use of high end work station

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use of high end work station: How can multi user remotely access windows 10 education version, If not then please suggest the way for using high end work station by different users simultaneously. Or please suggest any way of using high capacity, high RAM and heavy processors to be used in highly...
  5. High end PC with FPS drops. High cpu temps in Speccy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High end PC with FPS drops. High cpu temps in Speccy: I have been dealing with fps drops while gaming for a month now, and I have tried everything to fix it. It's been driving me nuts, considering the hardware shouldn't be performing so badly. When I do a userbenchmark everything looks fine and dandy, but in game I experience...
  6. High end PC with FPS drops. High cpu temps in Speccy

in Windows 10 Support
    High end PC with FPS drops. High cpu temps in Speccy: I have been dealing with fps drops while gaming for a month now, and I have tried everything to fix it. It's been driving me nuts, considering the hardware shouldn't be performing so badly. When I do a userbenchmark everything looks fine and dandy, but in game I experience...
  7. high end pc noob

in Windows 10 Support
    high end pc noob: i have pentium 4 and when i buy i7 can place my pentium4 hard drive disc i think sata in the new one ? can i put 2 hdds ? and can they work together ? 115862
  8. Protect PC from High-End Attacks?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protect PC from High-End Attacks?: Hello! I was wondering if anyone could give me better tips to protect my PC from things like botnets. In the case I am particularly looking to expand my security horizon not on accidentally visiting websites that would give me a botnet, but people deliberately attempting...
  9. High End GPU Shortage???

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    High End GPU Shortage???: Whose to blame for the shortage in high-end GPUs? Is it these crypto miners or should part of the blame be placed on the manufacturers deliberately keeping the demand up? AMDs RX-480/580 cards are like gold dust and fly out the retail door before they've even been put on...
  10. Slow login time on high end PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow login time on high end PC: I have this issue where the desktop takes noticeably longer to load when I sign-in. I have ultra fast boot enabled and it takes about 5 seconds to get to the login screen, but then I get a black screen when I used to instantly get the desktop, I do eventually get the desktop...