Windows 10: High end PC with FPS drops. High cpu temps in Speccy

Discus and support High end PC with FPS drops. High cpu temps in Speccy in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been dealing with fps drops while gaming for a month now, and I have tried everything to fix it. It's been driving me nuts, considering the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kos277, Nov 17, 2018.

1. kos277 Win User

High end PC with FPS drops. High cpu temps in Speccy

I have been dealing with fps drops while gaming for a month now, and I have tried everything to fix it. It's been driving me nuts, considering the hardware shouldn't be performing so badly. When I do a userbenchmark everything looks fine and dandy, but in game I experience stuttering.

High end PC with FPS drops. High cpu temps in Speccy [​IMG]

I can mention a lot of things, but today I downloaded speccy and noticed that CPU temps show up way too high. It goes down to 74 and jumps up to 82 on a loop. I dont know what's going on.

Please help!

I have an AIO Kraken x62 and their software is showing a different and much better temperature.

If the temperature is indeed over 80C on idle, that would explain all of my performance issues in game.

I'm looking forward to getting some assistance. I have been getting depressed recently when i'm in the mood for gaming, and end up stopping and spending hours looking for a fix instead. I've been doing so for the past weeks almost everyday. I couldn't figure out the issue, but maybe speccy has revealed the answer. Or is it an incorrect reading?

Here is HWmonitor

:)

kos277, Nov 17, 2018

2. CPU and GPU usage high, fps drop on games

Hi. I usually have around 100fps at Player Unknown Battlegrounds and my CPU usage is normal. From a month or so I get fps drops like 50-100fps and game feels laggy.

Also, when I open the task manager the CPU and GPU usage is really high around 90, 80% and then suddently drops to normal values like 5%.

I checked http://www.file.net/process/igfxupdate.exe.html but it doesn't resolve it.

I noticed that a service svhost is very high on usage, what can I do?

Thanks in advance.

AntónioAires, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Need Your Help! FPS Drops & Stuttering on High-End PC

Hi,

Compatibility issue between game settings and PC specs is one the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We'd like to get additional information to help isolate the issue. Kindly answer the following question below:

• Have you met the system requirements to play the games on ultra high settings?
    • Have you tried to lower the graphics settings? If yes, is the issue also occur on lower settings?
    • Are you noticing any overheating issue whenever FPS drops?
    • Are you using a graphics driver from the manufacturer?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Nov 17, 2018
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Thema:

1. High end PC with FPS drops. High cpu temps in Speccy - Similar Threads - High end FPS

2. Why i get low fps on high end pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why i get low fps on high end pc?: Hi, im new here, I'd like to ask a question about a problem I've encountered in minecraft bedrock.The problem envolves the framerate, if i put every "Video" setting to low, like the chunks rendered, anti aliasing to the minimum, disable fancy graphics and all the other stuff...
  3. Why i get low fps on high end pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why i get low fps on high end pc?: Hi, im new here, I'd like to ask a question about a problem I've encountered in minecraft bedrock.The problem envolves the framerate, if i put every "Video" setting to low, like the chunks rendered, anti aliasing to the minimum, disable fancy graphics and all the other stuff...
  4. GPU Low fps, high load, low temps

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU Low fps, high load, low temps: Hello, I'm having issues with my gpu. Videogames suddenly have super low fps compared to what it used to be like a few weeks ago. There's terrilble fps even at the lowest settings: ~20fps. Only thing that changed on my system are windows updates. It's version 1903 now....
  5. High CPU Usage While Gaming Causing FPS Drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU Usage While Gaming Causing FPS Drops: Hey Guys I've been getting high CPU usage, almost 100% when playing games like Rainbow Six Siege, PUBG, CSGO, Apex Legends causing me to lose a lot of fps ever since I updated to windows 10, a couple of weeks ago and I've never had this problem in windows 8.1. I would...
  6. High CPU/GPU Temps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU/GPU Temps: Hi, I've noticed high CPU/GPU temps when my watercooler pump and fan are maxed out and all the fans are maxed out currently I only have a browser open and my temps are as follows: [img] What is also concerning is currently my GTX 1070 is only powering the 2 monitors(Not...
  7. High CPU/GPU Temps

in Windows 10 Support
    High CPU/GPU Temps: Hi, I've noticed high CPU/GPU temps when my watercooler pump and fan are maxed out and all the fans are maxed out currently I only have a browser open and my temps are as follows: [img] What is also concerning is currently my GTX 1070 is only powering the 2 monitors(Not...
  8. High end PC with FPS drops. High cpu temps in Speccy

in Windows 10 Support
    High end PC with FPS drops. High cpu temps in Speccy: I have been dealing with fps drops while gaming for a month now, and I have tried everything to fix it. It's been driving me nuts, considering the hardware shouldn't be performing so badly. When I do a userbenchmark everything looks fine and dandy, but in game I experience...
  9. my pc CPU temp seems to be high lately

my pc CPU temp seems to be high lately: i dont know why.. maybe its because i keep downloading large wallpaper images? i have wisecare 365 program, and the floating image always shows a high temp. blue range of 62° is normal level. but orange range of 72-74° is cause for concern. does using a cooling pad help at...
  10. Very high CPU Temps

Very high CPU Temps: Hi I turned my PC on this morning as I do every morning but instead of behaving like it normally does the fans started spinning 100%. So I checked the temps in the BIOS and the CPU is running at 89c. I have cleaned off and reapplied the thermal paste. I used Arctic...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cpu temp and gpu temp are fine but still fps drops

2. fps dropping on high end pc?

3. apecx fps drops highg end pc