Windows 10: High fan speed, Task manager hanging, system interrupts is at 100% CPU Usage when I open...

Discus and support High fan speed, Task manager hanging, system interrupts is at 100% CPU Usage when I open... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, It's been 3 days since I'm having some issues with my laptop HP Notebook 17 having Windows 10 installed. Following is the list of problems I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by UsamaAhmed77, May 18, 2020.

1. High fan speed, Task manager hanging, system interrupts is at 100% CPU Usage when I open...

Hi,

It's been 3 days since I'm having some issues with my laptop HP Notebook 17 having Windows 10 installed. Following is the list of problems I'm facing:

1- Fan speed is going very high and laptop starts heating up when I open a heavy application and I'm getting severe FPS drops in gaming.

2- When I open task manager it freezes and then takes time to load up. This, or it opens up without freezing but initially "System interrupts" is at 100% CPU usage and eventually goes down and everything gets normal

This entire problem started arising when I had a notification about someone signing into my Microsoft account successfully 3 days ago. I immediately reset my account password when I read the email and I don't know if that had anything to do with all this suspicious activity but I thought I should let you know since it might be related. So here is the list of things I've already tried doing:

1- I checked windows for updates and there was a couple of them so I installed those. No effect

2- I downloaded Malwarebytes and ran a full PC scan with rootkits enabled and I discovered some PUP, trojans and Bitcoin Miners which I removed. I also tried Bitdefender and Kaspersky scans but they did not detect any malware after that.

3- I tried a disk check using the chkdsk command line prompt but it showed/changed nothing.

4- I tried the scannow command as well but it didn't display any error.

5- After everything else failed I read somewhere that doing a Windows "Fresh Start" might help so I did but it didn't solve any problem.

5- I switched my admin account to a new one without associating it to any Microsoft account but it changed nothing either.

6- I tried going to device manager and checked for driver updates but all drivers were up to date. I installed "Driver easy" and did the scan using that and it showed me 11 drivers that were not up to date. When I manually click "Update drivers" and then "Search online for updates", it tells me that latest updates are already installed. However, Easy driver and another app I tried say that they are not so this is confusing me and I don't know what to do about it.

7- My "Sysmain" exe was using 100% disk space continuously which I disabled and the fan speed issue got solved

Now I'm in a dilemma because either this is a virus which disguises itself from all anti virus programs and doesn't show up on task manager either but runs only when I'm running a heavy application such as Chrome or a game OR this is a hardware issue and I should get my PC fixed OR This is a driver issue and I'm unable to update some of those drivers. I'll really appreciate any sort of help you guys can offer. Should I try completely removing windows and then installing it again or using Windows Recovery?

Another thing which I've noticed is that when my task manager is frozen "Run time Broker" always shows up at the top but when the task manager starts working again then "Runtime Broker" goes down again. I haven't tried any solution for this one yet but I'm not sure if this really is the culprit.

Following are my system specs if you need:

System Model HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC

System Type x64-based PC

Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Any sort of help would be appreciated. I'm unable to get my laptop to a technician due to the Lockdown situation and really hoping I can get it fixed by myself

:)

UsamaAhmed77, May 18, 2020
  2. Rb89 Win User

High CPU usage with 'system interupts'

High CPU usage with 'system interrupts'. However, the usage decreases when the task manager is opened. On opening the task manager, the system interrupt is visible for a few seconds and then the CPU usage goes down.

3. OAJJAIN Win User
    High CPU usage by "System interrupts"

I tried to solve the problem ky resetting the pc to uts pre-installed form but it didnt solve the problem. I open task manager and see 100%cpu usage by only one process. As soon as task manager opens system interrupts stops using cpu at all. When i close
    the task manager the same process again stars consuming my CPU. What should i do now?

OAJJAIN, May 18, 2020
  4. BruceW268 Win User

High fan speed, Task manager hanging, system interrupts is at 100% CPU Usage when I open...

High CPU usage - system interrupts - when waking from sleep

After reverting to an earlier Windows version and then updating the drivers again...

This did not resolve the high CPU usage after waking from sleep, and I notice that it is both System Interrupts (ACPI.sys) and System (ntoskrnl.eve) adding up to about 30% added CPU usage... and constant cooling fan running at moderate to high speed.

BruceW268, May 18, 2020
Thema:

High fan speed, Task manager hanging, system interrupts is at 100% CPU Usage when I open...

1. High fan speed, Task manager hanging, system interrupts is at 100% CPU Usage when I open... - Similar Threads - High fan speed

2. CPU usage by a process named 'System Interrupts', is at 100% whenever Task Manager is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage by a process named 'System Interrupts', is at 100% whenever Task Manager is...: HiRecently I have been having a problem whenever I open the Task Manager. It says '100%' above the CPU usage section. It is showed to be caused by a process named 'System interrupts' and the CPU usage percentage by this process stays at 100% for a brief moment about 3...
  3. Cpu Usage high when opening task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu Usage high when opening task manager: Hello Microsoft Community, recently my pc has started to have a 1 second spike when opening programms. I dont think if downloaded any malware, because ive just been playing games like i normally do. I found out that when i disable all microsoft services in msconfig, my pc...
  4. Cpu Usage high when opening task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cpu Usage high when opening task manager: Hello Microsoft Community, recently my pc has started to have a 1 second spike when opening programms. I dont think if downloaded any malware, because ive just been playing games like i normally do. I found out that when i disable all microsoft services in msconfig, my pc...
  5. Cpu Usage high when opening task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. "system interrupts" high CPU until Task Manager opens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "system interrupts" high CPU until Task Manager opens: Buy new hard drive. Install Windows 10. Download and install Updates. Check Task Manager. And there it was. 100% CPU the "system interrupts" so I grabbed a screen capture, recorded it happening, and posted it. Now I have to spend the rest of my night wondering what drivers...
  7. Cpu usage high until i open task manager and fan speed very high

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cpu usage high until i open task manager and fan speed very high: i have new20 days old lenovo laptop with windows 10. sometimes i am facing issue of fan, fan is running to high with noticeable noisefan voice and battery drain very fast. when i open task manager then TM seems 100% working. and after few second it reduce gradually....
  8. High CPU usage when opening task manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High CPU usage when opening task manager: Hey, so as said in the title, my CPU usage is unusually high when I open task manager. After about a second, the CPU usage starts dropping down to around 5%. I've ran malwarebytes multiple times, but the issue still persists. I would like to avoid resetting my PC if possible....
  9. High CPU usage by "System Interrupts" when Task Manager is closed. Upon opening, goes back...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage by "System Interrupts" when Task Manager is closed. Upon opening, goes back...: Basically the title. I found my games running slowly this morning, went to check task manager to find 98% CPU usage with 80% being from system interrupts, after a few seconds usage went back down to normal. I have found this has been occurring all day. Every time task manager...
  10. 100% CPU usage until opening task manager. System interrupts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% CPU usage until opening task manager. System interrupts: I shut down my comp 2 days ago. Turned it on the next day and am having 100% cpu usage. I open task manager and it works fine for a little while then it goes to 100% again. I've run multiple virus and adware scans in safemode. No viruses have shown up. I did a complete...