Windows 10: High FPS background, low FPS when tabbed in?

Discus and support High FPS background, low FPS when tabbed in? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; High FPS background and low FPS when tabbed in I recently reset my entire PC and after installing, of what I believe to be, all drivers, windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ItsKenzii, Nov 19, 2020.

1. High FPS background, low FPS when tabbed in?

High FPS background and low FPS when tabbed in

I recently reset my entire PC and after installing, of what I believe to be, all drivers, windows updates and some games, I am now experiencing the issue above.

When I am tabbed into a game, my CPU and GPU are barely being used and my FPS is below 15, as if my computer believes it’s in the background.

But when I’m tabbed out of my game, into let’s say Discord, my CPU and GPU are being used as normal and my FPS goes up to normal (140+).

Specs: MSI Laptop GTX 1050 4gb i7-7700HQ 16GB RAM

submitted by /u/ItsKenzii
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ItsKenzii, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Don_714 Win User

Low FPS Problems

One Thing I had realize Is that On windows 7 there is no low fps and I have windows 10 and Intel core I.3 chip and the computer is brand new. Fro some reason I have Low Fps and don't worry I did a virus scan already.

Don_714, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 and LOW FPS in games

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Are you facing this issue with a particular game or with all games?

I suggest you to go into the games settings and check if the FPS is set to low. IF its low then change it into high.

Also see if the Monitor screen resolution matches the game screen resolution. You can check it by going into the setting of the game and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 19, 2020
  4. High FPS background, low FPS when tabbed in?

Low FPS Windows 10

Yep same boat. AMD HD 7950 was getting 40-55 FPS on avg with Win7 most games I play.

Now since I upgraded it's in the low 20's and jumps around between 16-33 fps.

MarkCox415, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

High FPS background, low FPS when tabbed in?

1. High FPS background, low FPS when tabbed in? - Similar Threads - High FPS background

2. High GPU but low FPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High GPU but low FPS: Hello. Very generally, my issue is that I used to be able to run certain programs and games easily with my GPU, but in the past few months, I've been seeing heavy performance drops. My GPU is at 100% most of the time, my NVIDIA settings are tuned for performance, and as far...
  3. High GPU but low FPS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High GPU but low FPS: Hello. Very generally, my issue is that I used to be able to run certain programs and games easily with my GPU, but in the past few months, I've been seeing heavy performance drops. My GPU is at 100% most of the time, my NVIDIA settings are tuned for performance, and as far...
  4. Low FPS Until Multiple ALT-TABs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low FPS Until Multiple ALT-TABs?: Hi,So I've been having a problem with my framerate in games on a new laptop that I just got a few days ago. As seen on the pictures that I took I couldn't record them, my games are usually low on fps most of the time. However when I alt-tab multiple times or fast enough, I...
  5. Low FPS Until Multiple ALT-TABs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low FPS Until Multiple ALT-TABs?: Hi,So I've been having a problem with my framerate in games on a new laptop that I just got a few days ago. As seen on the pictures that I took I couldn't record them, my games are usually low on fps most of the time. However when I alt-tab multiple times or fast enough, I...
  6. Low FPS Until Multiple ALT-TABs?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. low fps but high ms

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    low fps but high ms: so my computer about 2 weeks ago had really bad ms when using games and google and was super laggy (120 fps, 500 ms). now it’s the complete opposite (10 fps, 20 ms). any tips to help fix this? submitted by /u/JustHaxs [link] [comments]...
  8. FPS in fullscreen games feels low but is high?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS in fullscreen games feels low but is high?: Recently I got a new PC which I have had almost no problems with. I get decent FPS in most games however when I use fullscreen, my FPS stays stable, but the game looks like it's stuttering and lagging when I'm not getting any FPS drops or ping spikes. This doesn't happen in...
  9. FPS in fullscreen games looks low but is high?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS in fullscreen games looks low but is high?: Recently I got a new PC which I have had almost no problems with. I get decent FPS in most games however when I use fullscreen on almost every game, my FPS stays high but the game looks like it's stuttering and lagging when I'm not getting any FPS drops or ping spikes. My...
  10. GPU Low fps, high load, low temps

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU Low fps, high load, low temps: Hello, I'm having issues with my gpu. Videogames suddenly have super low fps compared to what it used to be like a few weeks ago. There's terrilble fps even at the lowest settings: ~20fps. Only thing that changed on my system are windows updates. It's version 1903 now....