Windows 10: High GPU Usage By Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager When Scrolling...

Discus and support High GPU Usage By Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager When Scrolling... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I Decided To Reinstall Windows Since I Wanted To Remove All Junk That Had Gathered Over The Years, However After The New Installation I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PRADEEPSHARMA_123, Mar 30, 2019.

1. High GPU Usage By Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager When Scrolling...

Recently I Decided To Reinstall Windows Since I Wanted To Remove All Junk That Had Gathered Over The Years, However After The New Installation

I started To Notice That The Background Processes Like Client Server Runtime and Desktop Window Manager Started Using Around 5 - 10% Of My GPU ( 3D ) and When Scrolling It Goes Over To 40 - 50 % Usage

Annoyed Of This Issue I Reinstalled Windows From a USB Flash Drive Again But This Didn't Fix The Issue..

Plz Help....

:)

PRADEEPSHARMA_123, Mar 30, 2019

2. Cripplingly High GPU in Windows 10

Dave, the two processes apparently hogging all the GPU were desktop windows manager and client server runtime process.

However, when I list them now, after numerous reboots and reinstalls, no apps show up as consuming GPU, yet GPU is at 80-100%. I think this is because the apps are only consuming the 3D component of the GPU and not the others - copy, decode, processing or
    shared memory usage?

I've spent some time on Google and it seems to be a fairly common symptom but none of the suggested solutions are effective.

It doesn't seem to be linked to any significant changes, I even tried uninstalling the most recent windows updates.

Any thoughts?

Zorro Blade, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Desktop Window Manager & Client Server Runtime HIGH Random GPU Spikes!

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on any kind of tech-support forum. Usually, 99% of the time i find a solution online, reading other threads, etc - but not for this issue.

As the title clearly states, I am experiencing high (really high) GPU spikes from desktop window manager & client server runtime - by really high I mean 90-100% GPU.

Some background info:

My device> Dell XPS 15, 9570, i7-8750H 6 cores, Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GTX 1050 Max-Q, 512GB SSD - bought 4 months ago.

My OS> Windows 10 Home, version 1809

I didn't have this issue until I upgraded to the 1809 version for that sweet dark mode, so there's that.

What causes the issue: simply opening anything (for example Chrome, file explorer, any game) will cause a GPU spike in those 2 departments, which freezes the laptop for a solid 10-15 seconds and then they go back to 0-5% usage.

What I did trying to fix the issue:

- troubleshoot the classic way, no issues found.

- reset & delete every file on the PC.

- delete my user profile, using another one.

- update my drivers, BIOS, etc.

- and a few more that I found on other threads.

So, what am I supposed to do?

marin_stana, Mar 30, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

High GPU Usage By Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager When Scrolling...

csrss and dwm processes High GPU Usage causing stutterings

High GPU usage - csrss.exe - Resolved Malware Removal Logs - Malwarebytes Forums
    This example backs up what @Faith said above. So do do that first.

If clean:
    Please have a look at your Update History. Is there anything there- including drivers at the bottom- that was updated just before this started happening?

Have you made any changes- installed anything- that might be responsible?

Do you have any System Restore points created before this started happening?
    Or disk images? (I constantly urge users to use this routinely, as do many here - e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + external storage for disk image sets)

Desktop Window Manager - Microsoft Community

- a long thread- see if there's anything helpful there.

Sudden high GPU usage by client server runtime process makes huge fps - Microsoft Community
    - try a clean boot. Is there any change?

note forum rules say 'useless one liners' and thread bumping are not allowed. I can understand your enthusiasm to resolve this.

dalchina, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

High GPU Usage By Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager When Scrolling...

1. High GPU Usage By Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager When Scrolling... - Similar Threads - High GPU Usage

2. High GPU Usage By Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager When Scrolling...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High GPU Usage By Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager When Scrolling...: I have ROG Strix GL503GE with hardware:-Intel 8th Gan i7-8750H v31.0.15.2849Nvidia GeForce GTX-1050 Ti v528.4916GB RAMWindows 10 64-bit v19044.2604Since I update windows, and graphics driver. the Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager usage of GPU is high...
  3. High GPU Usage By Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager When Scrolling...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High GPU Usage By Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager When Scrolling...: I have ROG Strix GL503GE with hardware:-Intel 8th Gan i7-8750H v31.0.15.2849Nvidia GeForce GTX-1050 Ti v528.4916GB RAMWindows 10 64-bit v19044.2604Since I update windows, and graphics driver. the Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager usage of GPU is high...
  4. High GPU Usage By Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager When Scrolling...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage: hey guys I installed windows on my pc recently and i got background Processes Like Client Server Runtime and Desktop Window Manager Started Using Around 5 - 10% Of My GPU 3D and When Scrolling It Goes Over To 40 - 50 % Usage and same issue when I'm watching YouTube or...
  6. Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage

Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage: hey guys I installed windows on my pc recently and i got background Processes Like Client Server Runtime and Desktop Window Manager Started Using Around 5 - 10% Of My GPU 3D and When Scrolling It Goes Over To 40 - 50 % Usage and same issue when I'm watching YouTube or...
  7. Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage

8. high gpu usage by client server runtime process and desktop window manager when scrolling...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high gpu usage by client server runtime process and desktop window manager when scrolling...: This problem started 2 days ago and it has been really annoying. My computer is stuttering as I'm typing this, but whenever I close an application like a game or browser, it instantly spikes up my GPU to 100%, And when i move my mouse it starts going up to 40-60% of my GPU....
  9. high gpu usage by client server runtime process and desktop window manager when scrolling...

high gpu usage by client server runtime process and desktop window manager when scrolling...: This problem started 2 days ago and it has been really annoying. My computer is stuttering as I'm typing this, but whenever I close an application like a game or browser, it instantly spikes up my GPU to 100%, And when i move my mouse it starts going up to 40-60% of my GPU....
  10. high gpu usage by client server runtime process and desktop window manager when scrolling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. client server runtime process high gpu

2. client server runtime process gpu usage

3. client server runtime process gpu

4. client server runtime process,
  5. client server runtime process high when playing on desktop,
  6. client server runtime proccess using 90% gpu,
  7. client server runtime process using gpu,
  8. runtime broker cpu usage high