Windows 10: High GPU usage causing audio to cuts off

Discus and support High GPU usage causing audio to cuts off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; First sorry if I post in the wrong section, since it's either graphic card or sound card. The problem as title says, whenever GPU usage hits high... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nky, Oct 6, 2019.

1. NKY
    nky Win User

High GPU usage causing audio to cuts off

First sorry if I post in the wrong section, since it's either graphic card or sound card.

The problem as title says, whenever GPU usage hits high usage (90-100%) when playing games it will cut off the audio. I took some video of it from witcher 3 gameplay with vsync off => YouTube

As for normal use like browsing the net, watching youtube, watching movie, etc works just fine.

Things that I observe that any apps that cause high gpu usage will cause the same things or causing realtek plug/unplugged notification went crazy, like running userbenchmark (only at gpu test), 3dmark, unigine, etc.

Any idea where might be the cause? Just for reference I never had a problem with the system circa 2017-2018, most of issue appear in mid 2019 circa windows 10 build 1809/1903 update.

:)

2. NKY
    nky Win User

First sorry if I post in the wrong section, since it's either graphic card or sound card.

The problem as title says, whenever GPU usage hits high usage (90-100%) when playing games it will cut off the audio. I took some video of it from witcher 3 gameplay with vsync off =>

As for normal use like browsing the net, watching youtube, watching movie, etc works just fine.

Things that I observe that any apps that cause high gpu usage will cause the same things or causing realtek plug/unplugged notification went crazy, like running userbenchmark (only at gpu test), 3dmark, unigine, etc.

Any idea where might be the cause? Just for reference I never had a problem with the system circa 2017-2018, most of issue appear in mid 2019 circa windows 10 build 1809/1903 update.

3. Windows 10 stock programs causing high GPU usage (also the lockscreen)

Hello,

I've recently been wondering why my GPU temps have been so high on idle. I did some investigating and found that all stock programs on windows 10 (even if they aren't open, but running in the background) cause over 50% GPU usage. The problem is, some of these
    programs open on their own (Calculator, Mail, & Settings). As soon as I force quit all of these programs, my GPU usage drops back down to ~20%. Locking my PC also causes the same issue, so if I lock my PC my temps get high again.

Note: Cortana is the one program that does not effect it.

I've done multiple malware/ virus scans using different programs and nothing has been caught.

My simplified specs:

2x GTX 780's (SLI) (Newest drivers)

i7-3770

16GB Ram

Win. 10 (All updated)

Screenshot Proof (Note the top 2 graphs of MSI Afterburner) :

Mail & Settings running in background (High GPU usage)

High GPU usage causing audio to cuts off 8b92fcaa-51d0-461b-b470-36bc4c4437d7.png

Force quit Mail. Settings is still running (Still high GPU usage)

High GPU usage causing audio to cuts off a91f441e-8d24-4ba0-9705-d5a36c207a58.png

Force quit Settings, no background programs running (low GPU usage)

High GPU usage causing audio to cuts off 0b0aa950-1086-477c-849c-72e1218de0d3.png

ChazOswald, Oct 6, 2019
  4. High GPU usage causing audio to cuts off

Audio Crackles During High GPU usage

I have been trying to use my audio in various ways during programs such as Photoshop and some games, and it always makes a crackling sound that drowns out the actual audio. Even when I use something like Windows Media Player for an MP3 file, something
    that according to Task Manager has 0 GPU usage, it makes this annoying sound. What can I do?

CeramicTrauma, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

1. High GPU usage causing audio to cuts off - Similar Threads - High GPU usage

2. audiodg.exe high GPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audiodg.exe high GPU usage: Hello y'all :So I recently stumbled across this issue while closing a task through the task manager.audiodg.exe is using a ton of GPU power and I don't think that this is normal. It jumps from as "low" as 5% to up to 50-60% GPU usage.Nothing helped to lower it and I found...
  3. High Integrated gpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Integrated gpu usage: So here is the deal. My friend recently bought a Asus tuf f15 with i5 10300H and GTX1650. So problem is that whenever he plays any game his igpu usage is around 60-70% which should have been 10-20% while his dedicated gpu is nearly 60% which should have been 99-100% but it is...
  4. High Integrated gpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Integrated gpu usage: So here is the deal. My friend recently bought a Asus tuf f15 with i5 10300H and GTX1650. So problem is that whenever he plays any game his igpu usage is around 60-70% which should have been 10-20% while his dedicated gpu is nearly 60% which should have been 99-100% but it is...
  5. HDMI 2.0 causes high GPU usage on dwm.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI 2.0 causes high GPU usage on dwm.exe: I'm having a rather weird issue. When I connect my PC to my HDTV's HDMI 2.0 port, I see high GPU usage from the process Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) any where from 10% to 30%, and an additional 100mb's of GPU memory being used. This happens within minutes after signing...
  6. ntoskrnl.exe Causing high GPU usage, help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ntoskrnl.exe Causing high GPU usage, help?: When I play games ntoskrnl.exe comes in and starts using up to 80% GPU making it unplayable. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I tried using CMD to look for corrupted windows files. I also tried doing a deep scan with both windows antivirus and avast....
  7. csrss.axe high GPU usage

csrss.axe high GPU usage: Hi, my name is Nick and i have problems with csrss.axeclient server runtime process, it uses up to 30% of my GPU in games, when i move mouse cursor or scroll down in task manager. dwm.axedesktop windows manager works fine. Suddenly this problem appeared and disappeared...
  8. Audio keeps on cutting off at high bass

Audio keeps on cutting off at high bass: Hello My issue is that whenever I turn the low frequencies up in my equalizer my audio output keeps on switching from Communication Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC) to Digital output (S/PDIF). I don’t really know much about soundcards and what not but it makes...
  9. Audio cuts on and off

Audio cuts on and off: I recently installed windows 10. Everything seems to work well except my audio. It doesn't matter if I'm on youtube or playing video games, the sound works for 30 seconds then off for 1 sec. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/Gothlander [link] [comments]...
  10. DWM.EXE and CSRSS.exe causing high GPU usage...

DWM.EXE and CSRSS.exe causing high GPU usage...: My computer is having an issue with DWM.exe and CSRSS.exe. When gaming, they bring GPU 0 (integrated Intel Graphics) to 100%, bottle-necking my GPU 1 (Nvidia 1050 mobile) causing excessive lag and a lot of heat. It comes in waves it seems, 10 min into gaming it starts, then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. high gpu usage causing audio to cuts off

2. sound lag when gpu loaded