Windows 10: High GPU Usage of Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) and Client Server Runtime Process...

Discus and support High GPU Usage of Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) and Client Server Runtime Process... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I recently downloaded a new game, but as I wanted to play said game I noticed my performance being lower than normal. I checked and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Penita13, May 17, 2020.

1. High GPU Usage of Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) and Client Server Runtime Process...

Hi everyone!

I recently downloaded a new game, but as I wanted to play said game I noticed my performance being lower than normal. I checked and found out that dwm.exe and csrss.exe at times claimed 1.2 gb of GPU-memory for themselved, rendering me unable to play my game even on 1920x1080 p. This, even though I have a dedicated gaming pc which isn't new but is by no means outdated.

I have checked online and found that I'm far from the only person facing this problem. Nevertheless, I was unable to find a definitive solution in the sea of forum-posts. Therefore, I decided to try almost all solutions I could find, however without meaningful results thus far. That's why I've decided to make a post of my own, in the hopes of someone being able to give a golden tip.

First off, some info about my pc. I built it manually in 2015. It's got a Z170 pro gaming motherboard, Intel i5-6600K CPU and a GeForce GTX 970 as a GPU. My current windows version is 1909 build 18363.836.

Here are some of the things I've tried to solve the issue, either based on my own intuition or by following the instructions posted in other forum-threads:

- I checked whether Windows was up to date (again), which it (still) was
    - I checked whether my video drivers were up to data (again), which they (still) were
    - Based on an online tutorial, I changed some settings in the Nvidia 3d control pannel by setting the aim to best performance instead of power saving, not just in general (this was already the case), but individually for both programs as well. This didn't help
    - I tried setting both programs to a lower priority, eventually setting both to 'low'. This helped somewhat, but only marginally
    - I checked whether the programs were virusses or not by making my 3rd party anti-virus software (Avast) do a virusscan of every single file on my pc (the results being no viruses could be detected), as well as me manually checking the file location of both programs (which was system32, as it should be)
    - I installed 'driver booster' to help update other drivers which might have been outdated. This did not help
    - I manually updated my Bios-version to the most recent version. This actually gave me some other technical issues, which I haven’t been able to fix either but are secondary for now. The main issue still remains

I would be extremely grateful if someone has got even so much as a clue on how I could fix this issue, seeing as I am unable to play any graphically demanding game this way

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Penita13
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Penita13, May 17, 2020

2. High GPU Usage By Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager When Scrolling Or Other Mouse Movements

I am hearing this issue first time . after reading your issues , I checked in my windows , that client server runtime process not there , even my gpu usage is 1%.

Try to disable that process (called service ) is registry

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, May 17, 2020
  3. Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage in Windows 10

Hey everyone,

i got the same Problem since two days. My PC configuration is a Gigabyte 2070 Super 8GB and a Ryzen 7 3700X and ive got every update from Windows and Geforce experience. I am wondering why Windows doesnt said anything to this Problem after seeing this thread
    being 20 Pages Long. Does anybody tried These Solutions
    https://appuals.com/fix-desktop-window-manager-high-cpu-usage-dwm-exe/
    ?

First i thought the cause is Google Chrome because it made high gpu and Volt usage too but after an uninstall the Problem was still there.

Is there any Suggestion how to solve the Problem. If this link is working please tell me.

Supergamerbro28, May 17, 2020
  4. High GPU Usage of Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) and Client Server Runtime Process...

High GPU Usage By Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager When Scrolling Or Other Mouse Movements

Recently I Decided To Reinstall Windows Since I Wanted To Remove All Junk That Had Gathered Over The Years, However After The New Installation

I started To Notice That The Background Processes Like Client Server Runtime and Desktop Window Manager Started Using Around 5 - 10% Of My GPU ( 3D ) and When Scrolling It Goes Over To 40 - 50 % Usage

Annoyed Of This Issue I Reinstalled Windows From a USB Flash Drive Again But This Didn't Fix The Issue..

Plz Help....

PRADEEPSHARMA_123, May 17, 2020
Thema:

High GPU Usage of Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) and Client Server Runtime Process...

1. High GPU Usage of Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) and Client Server Runtime Process... - Similar Threads - High GPU Usage

2. High GPU usage from Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High GPU usage from Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager: When leaving everything idle the GPU usage sits at 0% and when I move my mouse it can get up to 17% but when I scroll on a webpage it shoots all the way up to 80% to 100%. I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 and have downloaded updates and drivers. I also upgraded my...
  3. High GPU usage from Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High GPU usage from Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager: When leaving everything idle the GPU usage sits at 0% and when I move my mouse it can get up to 17% but when I scroll on a webpage it shoots all the way up to 80% to 100%. I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 and have downloaded updates and drivers. I also upgraded my...
  4. High GPU usage from Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. High GPU Usage By Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager When Scrolling...

High GPU Usage By Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager When Scrolling...: I have ROG Strix GL503GE with hardware:-Intel 8th Gan i7-8750H v31.0.15.2849Nvidia GeForce GTX-1050 Ti v528.4916GB RAMWindows 10 64-bit v19044.2604Since I update windows, and graphics driver. the Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager usage of GPU is high...
  6. Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage: hey guys I installed windows on my pc recently and i got background Processes Like Client Server Runtime and Desktop Window Manager Started Using Around 5 - 10% Of My GPU 3D and When Scrolling It Goes Over To 40 - 50 % Usage and same issue when I'm watching YouTube or...
  7. Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage: hey guys I installed windows on my pc recently and i got background Processes Like Client Server Runtime and Desktop Window Manager Started Using Around 5 - 10% Of My GPU 3D and When Scrolling It Goes Over To 40 - 50 % Usage and same issue when I'm watching YouTube or...
  8. Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage

9. high gpu usage by client server runtime process and desktop window manager when scrolling...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high gpu usage by client server runtime process and desktop window manager when scrolling...: This problem started 2 days ago and it has been really annoying. My computer is stuttering as I'm typing this, but whenever I close an application like a game or browser, it instantly spikes up my GPU to 100%, And when i move my mouse it starts going up to 40-60% of my GPU....
  10. High GPU Usage of Desktop Window Manager dwm.exe and Client Server Runtime Process csrss.exe

High GPU Usage of Desktop Window Manager dwm.exe and Client Server Runtime Process csrss.exe: Hello there, Just today I downloaded a new game. Eager to try it, I started the game, only to be met with horrid graphical settings. The game showed me I lost approximately a quarter of my GPU memory to "other apps". After having checked windows task manager, I found the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop manager and client server high gpu

2. Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage in Windows 10