Windows 10: High HDD usage at startup

Discus and support High HDD usage at startup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had this problem previously and the high usage would never fix itself but I got a new HDD with a higher RPM and now I don't get high HDD usage all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/omar1290, Aug 7, 2020.

1. High HDD usage at startup

I had this problem previously and the high usage would never fix itself but I got a new HDD with a higher RPM and now I don't get high HDD usage all the time but for a few minutes at startup. I disabled many services that people were saying cause problems like "Sysmain" and "BITS" and a few windows ones.

The problem is still here. So any ideas on how to fix it?

submitted by /u/omar1290
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/omar1290, Aug 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 high disk usage startup

Hi Yousef,

Thank you for your response.

If there are multiple startup programs enabled in the system which could be causing the high disk usage. Startup programs are programs that launches automatically when you boot the computer.

These programs are either enabled manually or while installing. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task manager.
    • Click "Startup" tab.
    • Under startup tab, Disable any unnecessary Programs that you do not need during startup.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persist or not.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 7, 2020
  3. high disk usage on startup (windows 10)

Hi Joe,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

From what you have described, it looks like there are multiple startup programs enabled in the system which could be causing the high disk usage. Startup programs are programs that launches automatically when you boot the computer. These programs are either
    enabled manually or while installing. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open task manager.

2. Click "startup" tab.

3. Under startup tab, disable any unnecessary programs that you do not need during startup.

4. Restart the computer and check again.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 7, 2020
  4. High HDD usage at startup

System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

High HDD usage at startup

1. High HDD usage at startup - Similar Threads - High HDD usage

2. Hdd usage very high

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hdd usage very high: How to solve this guys? I’ve tried disabling sys main and windows search but still it hasn’t changed please helpme https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-usage-very-high/4999d655-fdb1-42b4-b7a4-c6d91599250e
  3. Hdd usage very high

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hdd usage very high: How to solve this guys? I’ve tried disabling sys main and windows search but still it hasn’t changed please helpme https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-usage-very-high/4999d655-fdb1-42b4-b7a4-c6d91599250e
  4. Hdd usage very high

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. high disk/HDD usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high disk/HDD usage: My computer has been very slow and keeps freezing, the disk usage on the processes tab of task manager gets stuck at 50% and the HDD on the processes tab gets stuck at 100% from start up. I have updated windows and drivers, scanned for viruses, cleared virtual memory and...
  6. high disk/HDD usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    high disk/HDD usage: My computer has been very slow and keeps freezing, the disk usage on the processes tab of task manager gets stuck at 50% and the HDD on the processes tab gets stuck at 100% from start up. I have updated windows and drivers, scanned for viruses, cleared virtual memory and...
  7. high disk/HDD usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. High HDD usage by Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    High HDD usage by Windows Defender: Hello,After 5 - 10 minutes I turned on my laptop, System ntoskrnl.exe is using high HDD 80 - 120 MB/s .Then, I checked in Resource Monitor, I found out that MpWppTracing-20220520-203523-00000003-ffffffff.bin in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Supporthad been...
  9. High RAM usage on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High RAM usage on startup: The culprits might be kb4556799, kb45562931 or kb4534132. I uninstalled each but the issue persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-ram-usage-on-startup/42a9f84f-979f-4251-aa18-566aa9cd3f12
  10. High CPU usage on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU usage on startup: Hi Everytime I've started my computer (from shutdown) in the last month or two it's been a bit sluggish and has had 100% CPU usage on task manager, a lot of it is being used by the antimawlare service executable, microsoft compatibility telemetry and Microsoft Software...