High Idle CPU Usage After Win 10 Reset and Update

Discus and support High Idle CPU Usage After Win 10 Reset and Update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hello! I am having a bit of trouble with high idle cpu usage after resetting Windows 10 and installing updates. [img] I am unsure how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FALKLAN, Jun 13, 2018.

1. FALKLAN Win User

Hello!

I am having a bit of trouble with high idle cpu usage after resetting Windows 10 and installing updates.

[​IMG]

I am unsure how to troubleshoot this type of service usage. I ask for assistance to resolve this.

Thanks!

:)

FALKLAN, Jun 13, 2018
  2. JanMcCoy_827 Win User

high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Jun 13, 2018
  3. AmyJaeger Win User
    High CPU Usage

Unfortunately, this was way too "techy" for me - didn't understand most of what the steps were so I didn't do it. I'm still getting the message from Norton that there is high CPU usage when using Edge and I never got this message before upgrading to Windows

AmyJaeger, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

High Idle CPU Usage After Win 10 Reset and Update - Similar Threads - High Idle CPU

1. My PC Gets High CPU Load When Idling

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC Gets High CPU Load When Idling: Sometimes when I use my PC, a process called "Microsoft Register Server" eats 30-40% of my CPU usage. I can hear the CPU fan's speed rise, and when I hear specific noise. Sometimes I caught my computer with high CPU load while idling. The time I shake my mouse, I can hear the...
  2. Computer randomly sleeps, high cpu after 5 minutes idle

Computer randomly sleeps, high cpu after 5 minutes idle: Earlier today I was downloading files from my browser and my computer went to sleep halfway in. This random sleeping happens occasionally. The event viewer doesn't mention anything about overheating, it always says it's just idle (event 42): [img] sleep settings [img]...
  3. Windows 10 memory usage for idle too high

Windows 10 memory usage for idle too high: Hi guys! Just to fill you all in, i had some issues with my pc so i eventually formatted it completely, using a disc to freshly install the OS. Now after many days of messing around trying to figure out what is going on I see that with steam open(not downloading) and 4 chrome...
  4. RAM usage too high in idle ?

RAM usage too high in idle ?: Hi all, have this problem for a while now. I have 16GB of ram and usage is extremely high while PC is in idle. 99% ram usage and 70-80% quite often.When i start the computer it's fine and then it starts slowly to increase to as i said 70-80 and finally 99%. Computer doesn't...
  5. High CPU Usage at idle, Games now running at very low fps.

High CPU Usage at idle, Games now running at very low fps.: So over the last month or so my computer was slowly starting to show symptoms. I fist noticed it when playing league. My fps went from a steady 250 to fluctuating between 60-160 fps causing random "attempting to reconnect" while the ping never moved. I spent a few weeks...
  6. High CPU Usage at Idle

High CPU Usage at Idle: Hey guys, recently my W10 PC seems to be using a fair bit of CPU. I noticed this because my Battlefield 1 fps appeared to have dropped. First thing I did was roll back my nvidia drivers to the previous version, but then I noticed my cpu usage. I seem to be using 35-45% cpu...
  7. High RAM Usage on Idle W10 - Tried Poolmon/Tips of Forum Didn't Work

High RAM Usage on Idle W10 - Tried Poolmon/Tips of Forum Didn't Work: Hi all. I use a notebook with Windows 10 (1607/14393.82) on my work. My problem is that it uses so much RAM on idle, at least I think it uses more than normal and when I really need to use with some multitasking, it faults me. When I use the Edge, with some tabs open, the...