Windows 10: High Idle CPU Usage After Win 10 Reset and Update

Discus and support High Idle CPU Usage After Win 10 Reset and Update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! I am having a bit of trouble with high idle cpu usage after resetting Windows 10 and installing updates. [img] I am unsure how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FALKLAN, Jun 12, 2018.

1. FALKLAN Win User

High Idle CPU Usage After Win 10 Reset and Update

Hello!

I am having a bit of trouble with high idle cpu usage after resetting Windows 10 and installing updates.

High Idle CPU Usage After Win 10 Reset and Update [​IMG]

I am unsure how to troubleshoot this type of service usage. I ask for assistance to resolve this.

Thanks!

:)

FALKLAN, Jun 12, 2018

2. high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Jun 13, 2018
  3. AmyJaeger Win User
    High CPU Usage

Unfortunately, this was way too "techy" for me - didn't understand most of what the steps were so I didn't do it. I'm still getting the message from Norton that there is high CPU usage when using Edge and I never got this message before upgrading to Windows

AmyJaeger, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

High Idle CPU Usage After Win 10 Reset and Update

1. High Idle CPU Usage After Win 10 Reset and Update - Similar Threads - High Idle CPU

2. High CPU usage after some idle minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU usage after some idle minutes: I noticed that when I stop using mouse and keyboard, after minutes my CPU usage rises from ~3% to 50%, 8 out of 16 logic processors are running at full frequency. But once I move mouse or press key, CPU usage will drop to normal within ~3 seconds.I try to find which process...
  3. High CPU usage after some idle minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU usage after some idle minutes: I noticed that when I stop using mouse and keyboard, after minutes my CPU usage rises from ~3% to 50%, 8 out of 16 logic processors are running at full frequency. But once I move mouse or press key, CPU usage will drop to normal within ~3 seconds.I try to find which process...
  4. High CPU usage after some idle minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. High cpu usage while idle.

High cpu usage while idle.: So for a while, I have been noticing that my CPU usage has been extremely high while idle. I have tried using commands such as DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth andsfc /scannow, and have also tried a malware scan on multiple antiviruses Avast, Malwarebytes, Windows...
  6. Windows 10 & 11 idle high ssd usage and high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 & 11 idle high ssd usage and high cpu usage: My laptop is msi gl65 9scxr now 6 months oldi5 9300hgtx 165016GB ddr4512GB Kingston OM8PCP3512F-Al1 m.2 nvme ssd shipped with laptop contains C drive and D drive512GB addlink SATA ssdI have problem with the high reads and writes in Kingstonwindows installed on it . When not...
  7. Windows 10 & 11 idle high ssd usage and high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 & 11 idle high ssd usage and high cpu usage: My laptop is msi gl65 9scxr now 6 months oldi5 9300hgtx 165016GB ddr4512GB Kingston OM8PCP3512F-Al1 m.2 nvme ssd shipped with laptop contains C drive and D drive512GB addlink SATA ssdI have problem with the high reads and writes in Kingstonwindows installed on it . When not...
  8. High CPU usage at idle. Win 10 Pro

High CPU usage at idle. Win 10 Pro: I have encountered a problem with Windows 10 Pro version. My PC specifications are as follows :Intel i5-9400fPalit Geforce GTX 1060 6Gb16 Gb DDR4 RAM @ 3000MhzThe problem is that whenever I leave my PC to idle, after a few minutes, I hear the CPU fan spool up quite violently....
  9. Constant high CPU usage when idle after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

Constant high CPU usage when idle after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Due to Windows 7 no longer being supported I 'upgraded' my Acer Aspire 5377Z laptop to Windows 10. On completion of the upgrade I noticed that the Task Manager showed constant high CPU. When the PC settles down after power on the CPU usage remains above 50% with no programs...
  10. High CPU Usage at Idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU Usage at Idle: Hey guys, recently my W10 PC seems to be using a fair bit of CPU. I noticed this because my Battlefield 1 fps appeared to have dropped. First thing I did was roll back my nvidia drivers to the previous version, but then I noticed my cpu usage. I seem to be using 35-45% cpu...