Windows 10: High Idle CPU Usage After Win 10 Reset and Update

Discus and support High Idle CPU Usage After Win 10 Reset and Update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! I am having a bit of trouble with high idle cpu usage after resetting Windows 10 and installing updates. [img] I am unsure how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FALKLAN, Jun 12, 2018.

1. FALKLAN Win User

High Idle CPU Usage After Win 10 Reset and Update

Hello!

I am having a bit of trouble with high idle cpu usage after resetting Windows 10 and installing updates.

High Idle CPU Usage After Win 10 Reset and Update [​IMG]

I am unsure how to troubleshoot this type of service usage. I ask for assistance to resolve this.

Thanks!

:)

FALKLAN, Jun 12, 2018
  2. JanMcCoy_827 Win User

high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Jun 13, 2018
  3. AmyJaeger Win User
    High CPU Usage

Unfortunately, this was way too "techy" for me - didn't understand most of what the steps were so I didn't do it. I'm still getting the message from Norton that there is high CPU usage when using Edge and I never got this message before upgrading to Windows

AmyJaeger, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

High Idle CPU Usage After Win 10 Reset and Update

1. High Idle CPU Usage After Win 10 Reset and Update - Similar Threads - High Idle CPU

2. Laptop idles at 100% CPU usage even after a factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop idles at 100% CPU usage even after a factory reset: So for quite a while now my laptop has been running painfully slow with its CPU usage constantly at 100%. I've tried every guide and solution available but nothing worked so in the end i decided to completely reset my computer to see if it would fix it. But no, i open up the...
  3. Win 10 high ram usage when idle

Win 10 high ram usage when idle: Hi, I recently updated windows to newest version(1803, compilation 17134.345), I did that because Forza Horizon 4 require that. I haven't been updating my OS for 2 years, because of situations like this. So my problem is that after about an hour from booting I can use my PC...
  4. High cpu usage in ntkernel after mouse idle for 240 seconds

High cpu usage in ntkernel after mouse idle for 240 seconds: My system: motherboard = Gigabyte Gaming 9 bios version = f8c cpu = i9-7940x hdd1 = m2 ssd samsung 256 gb only for os hdd2 = m2 ssd samsung 2 tb hdd 3 = m2 ssd samsung 2 tb hdd 4 = 10 tb normal hd hdd 5 = ssd samsung 2 tb memory = 8*32 = 128 mb video = Nvidia gtx...
  5. CPU Usage HIGH

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Usage HIGH: Hello guys good day, any idea about my problem with windows 10 pro 64bit. i notice this high cpu usage after changing my usb keyboard to ps2. . when i was using usb keyboard , i never encounter this problem but my keyboard wont funtion anymore. so i change it to a PS2...
  6. high cpu usage

high cpu usage: Since upgrading from windows 7 to 10 my pc has been slowed down to a crawl by periods of very high cpu usage. A major culprit, but not the only one, is local security authority process. This makes the laptop overheat , reduces battery life and slows work to a crawl. I have...
  7. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: Hi All, Running Windows 10 Pro x64 Just noticed a lot of lag on my online game when I was logging into it. I closed it and noticed my computer was slow responding. I opened Task Manager to see CPU was 90% I looked to see what was causing this and did notice the Service...
  8. High CPU Usage

High CPU Usage: Hi. I have a problem with my laptop since yesterday. Something invisible is using very high cpu usage. I said invisible because it didn't show in task manager and process explorer. It all comes when I was browsing some pictures in Google and downloading YouTube videos...
  9. High CPU Usage at Idle

High CPU Usage at Idle: Hey guys, recently my W10 PC seems to be using a fair bit of CPU. I noticed this because my Battlefield 1 fps appeared to have dropped. First thing I did was roll back my nvidia drivers to the previous version, but then I noticed my cpu usage. I seem to be using 35-45% cpu...
  10. Windows 10 High CPU Usage After Update

Windows 10 High CPU Usage After Update: Hey all I've been using W10 for a couple of months.. No big problems so after. After last week's updates, the cpu usage is around 20% idle. Which would be around 4-5% normally. My computer is always hot and fans do not stop. Anyone with a similar issue? No malwares...