Windows 10: high internet usage by windows 10

Discus and support high internet usage by windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is frustrating, background data usage is very high, even after disabling a lot of background services please help...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RahulRaikwar1, Oct 22, 2020.

1. high internet usage by windows 10

This is frustrating,

background data usage is very high, even after disabling a lot of background services

please help...

:)

RahulRaikwar1, Oct 22, 2020

2. cpu usage high internet slow windows 7

Brevity can be a virtue but it can also be counter-productive.

• Which application demands excessive CPU resources?
    • What would you like to ask?

Frederik Long, Oct 22, 2020
  3. AUTiger1 Win User
    High Disk Usage

Hi all, I'm struggling with finding things to fix my high disk usage. I've spent many months searching the internet and doing all the listed suggestions like disabling SuperFetch, Windows Defender, Updating drivers, ect. and still I'm stuck with a high disk usage. Here's a screen shot I took immediately following a restart and opening up to a new Firefox window.

high internet usage by windows 10 [​IMG]

I have noticed Service Host: Local System takes up quite a bit of disk usage and that if I close it and let it open back up all by itself then it immediately makes my disk usage drop into a much more manageable 40-60% usage range. But eventually after a while it maxes out again and I have to close it out again. It's an annoying step just to be able to use my computer.

Also, I have noticed that after working with my mom's computer today, that her disk usage when no programs are running is only like 5%. Makes me wonder why my computer can have no programs running but my disk usage never drops below 30% and sits in the 40-60% range with spikes up over 75%.

I honestly don't know enough about computers to do much more than I already have without causing major issues. BTW, just a couple weeks ago I had to do a Windows reinstall, not a complete reinstall, just the basic reinstall they allow you to do on Windows 10 where you still keep all your personal files. Ever since that a lot of times when I try to open a process like Run or Task Manager I'll get an error message that it can't open and then I do it again and it will open the second time.

Here's a screenshot of my computer information so you can see what I'm working with here.

high internet usage by windows 10 [​IMG]

AUTiger1, Oct 22, 2020
  4. high internet usage by windows 10

Windows 10 high system data usage

We appreciate the additional information. Windows update is one of the possible cause why the system data usage is high. If you prefer to disable automatic updates to avoid high data usage, follow the steps below:

• Type gpedit.msc in the search bar, then press Enter
      to open Local Group Policy Editor.
    • Browse the following path:
      • Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update
    • Locate Configure Automatic Updates, then double-click it.
    • Check the Enabled option to enable the policy.
    • Under Options, change it to option 2 (Notify for download and notify for install).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

high internet usage by windows 10

1. high internet usage by windows 10 - Similar Threads - high internet usage

2. Windows 10 High Disk Usages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 High Disk Usages: Hi, I have Laptop with specifications as Processor: i5-8250U 1.6GHz RAM: 12GB HD: 1TB Graphics: AMD Radeon 540 2GB C Drive size is 100GB with 36.9 GB free of 99.9GB Windows 10 version: 1909 Startup applications: Realtek HD Audio and Windows Defender are enabled....
  3. Windows 10- high resources usage

Windows 10- high resources usage: What will I use, if Windows 10 uses this much resource of my laptop? Image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-high-resources-usage/72e43609-bddf-40c3-aca2-4f9fdf2003a4
  4. "MpcmdRun.exe" High Internet Data Usage Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "MpcmdRun.exe" High Internet Data Usage Problem: Hey there, As you can see "mpcmdrun.exe" file using 15gb data per month. I searched it it. Then they told me that is part of win defender. But how could a defender app using 15gb data per month? It must be disabled because I am using third party AV Bitdefender total...
  5. Disk usages high in Windows 10

Disk usages high in Windows 10: Hi, I recently purchased a new Laptop with specifications as Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Processor: Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (1.60GHz, up to 3.40GHz 4 Cores, 6MB Cache), GPU: AMD Radeon 540 2GB GDDR5 HDD: 1TB and RAM: 4.0GB PC4-19200 DDR4 Soldered...
  6. High CPU usage in windows 10

High CPU usage in windows 10: Hi, we face an issue in windows 10, the CPU usage is very high. we try DISM command, Registry Editor, Disable superfetch, update drivers and disable windows search services but the issue still happen. what have you done so far to resolve the issue?...
  7. High CPU usage in Windows 10.

High CPU usage in Windows 10.: Hi All, From last few days I am facing Hight CPU usage, Windows explorer is taking more than 45% of CPU. and Nahimic taking 30%. PC Details : Asus ROG GL405GM Intel i7 8750 NVidia GForece 1060 GPU. Please help, how to resolve this issue. ***Modified title from:...
  8. High usage of RAM in Windows 10

High usage of RAM in Windows 10: Hi, I've got a fresh install of Windows 10, fully updated, all drivers are updated too, there seems to be no issues, except that the system at boot is already using around 90 percent of RAM, and I've got plenty of RAM to spare, twenty gigs exactly, and when I start to use...
  9. Windows 10 High RAM usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 High RAM usage: Can Somone help me, i have a RAM problem. since i downloaded windows 10 i have had a Ram usage problem. when i idle to long or watch a video/stream the Ram usage goes up. when i turn of my pc the normal way it takes like 2min befor it shuts down, befor i downloaded windows 10...
  10. Windows 10 HIGH CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 HIGH CPU Usage: I have done a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and after my computer is on for about an hour or so a process in the task manager called "system and compressed memory" takes about 25-30% of my cpu cycles for no reason.It doesn't use much ram at all.Just cpu cycles.That...