Windows 10: High internet usage

Discus and support High internet usage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Hope everyone is doing well.I have been dealing with an issue lately related to my network connection. Everytime I boot up my pc and connect to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Abtin Sadri, Jul 24, 2021.

1. High internet usage

Hi, Hope everyone is doing well.I have been dealing with an issue lately related to my network connection. Everytime I boot up my pc and connect to my network the bandwidth is full. Something is using up way too much internet and it is really irritating as I use a metered connection and as I'm typing this message my connection credits were all used up and reached to its limit. I have disable any windows related auto-update and set my downloads on ethernet only I'm using wifi connection. Would really appreciate if someone could help me pinpoint the problem because I can't work like this.Thank

:)

Abtin Sadri, Jul 24, 2021

2. cpu usage high internet slow windows 7

Brevity can be a virtue but it can also be counter-productive.

• Which application demands excessive CPU resources?
    • What would you like to ask?

Frederik Long, Jul 24, 2021
  3. AUTiger1 Win User
    High Disk Usage

Hi all, I'm struggling with finding things to fix my high disk usage. I've spent many months searching the internet and doing all the listed suggestions like disabling SuperFetch, Windows Defender, Updating drivers, ect. and still I'm stuck with a high disk usage. Here's a screen shot I took immediately following a restart and opening up to a new Firefox window.

High internet usage [​IMG]

I have noticed Service Host: Local System takes up quite a bit of disk usage and that if I close it and let it open back up all by itself then it immediately makes my disk usage drop into a much more manageable 40-60% usage range. But eventually after a while it maxes out again and I have to close it out again. It's an annoying step just to be able to use my computer.

Also, I have noticed that after working with my mom's computer today, that her disk usage when no programs are running is only like 5%. Makes me wonder why my computer can have no programs running but my disk usage never drops below 30% and sits in the 40-60% range with spikes up over 75%.

I honestly don't know enough about computers to do much more than I already have without causing major issues. BTW, just a couple weeks ago I had to do a Windows reinstall, not a complete reinstall, just the basic reinstall they allow you to do on Windows 10 where you still keep all your personal files. Ever since that a lot of times when I try to open a process like Run or Task Manager I'll get an error message that it can't open and then I do it again and it will open the second time.

Here's a screenshot of my computer information so you can see what I'm working with here.

High internet usage [​IMG]

AUTiger1, Jul 24, 2021
  4. High internet usage

System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

High internet usage

1. High internet usage - Similar Threads - High internet usage

2. High usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High usage: HiOn my dell desktop i have been seeing a notice pop up on top saying HIGH MEMORY USAGE DECTED?tHANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-usage/18431803-07a8-4870-b587-9a074af61cdb
  3. High usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High usage: HiOn my dell desktop i have been seeing a notice pop up on top saying HIGH MEMORY USAGE DECTED?tHANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-usage/18431803-07a8-4870-b587-9a074af61cdb
  4. High usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. High Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Usage: How to lower these usage while playing genshin impact? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-usage/f8c15587-f0d4-421c-a7a6-3ca161d59e56
  6. High Usage

High Usage: How to lower these usage while playing genshin impact? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-usage/f8c15587-f0d4-421c-a7a6-3ca161d59e56
  7. Connected to internet CPU usage High

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to internet CPU usage High: When I connected my pc to internet, My CPU goes to 99%.I disable most of the start up application.During connecting to internet,it shows antimalware service causing high power usage.I disable some windows defender function like-Cloud Delivered Protection,Automatic Sample...
  8. Connected to internet CPU usage High

Connected to internet CPU usage High: When I connected my pc to internet, My CPU goes to 99%.I disable most of the start up application.During connecting to internet,it shows antimalware service causing high power usage.I disable some windows defender function like-Cloud Delivered Protection,Automatic Sample...
  9. high internet usage by windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    high internet usage by windows 10: This is frustrating, background data usage is very high, even after disabling a lot of background services please help... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-internet-usage-by-windows-10/2f6e05eb-a452-4fc6-8221-c2c4944df142
  10. "MpcmdRun.exe" High Internet Data Usage Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "MpcmdRun.exe" High Internet Data Usage Problem: Hey there, As you can see "mpcmdrun.exe" file using 15gb data per month. I searched it it. Then they told me that is part of win defender. But how could a defender app using 15gb data per month? It must be disabled because I am using third party AV Bitdefender total...