Windows 10: High kernel or system processes causing extremely high latency

Discus and support High kernel or system processes causing extremely high latency in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have been researching and testing different methods on this issue for quite some time with no avail. I get massive audio and input latency and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shibbanator, May 8, 2022.

1. High kernel or system processes causing extremely high latency

Hi, I have been researching and testing different methods on this issue for quite some time with no avail. I get massive audio and input latency and I cant even tell what seems to cause it. The output of my latencymon is:_________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CONCLUSION _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, cli

:)

Shibbanator, May 8, 2022

2. High DPC Latency causes extremely sound stuttering!

Hi, I've got the same problem. Just look at this:

High kernel or system processes causing extremely high latency [​IMG]

I tried everything, literally EVERYTHING and the only way to fix it (at least for me) is a SYSTEM RESTART! This must be a Windows thing, because on Linux everything works perfectly.
    So now the question: is it possible a TV connected via an HDMI cable to the PC can cause this to Windows?

bugreporter, May 8, 2022
  3. Cliff S Win User
    High DPC Latency causes extremely sound stuttering!

Has anybody thought of setting core affinity(to use specific cores) and process priority(to reduce timeout/wait time for that program) in Task Manger for your sound software and browser, to see if this helps?

Cliff S, May 8, 2022
  4. Callender Win User

High kernel or system processes causing extremely high latency

Callender, May 8, 2022
Thema:

High kernel or system processes causing extremely high latency

1. High kernel or system processes causing extremely high latency - Similar Threads - High kernel system

2. Acpi.sys causing high latency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acpi.sys causing high latency: Hello,Lately I've been noticing clicking/popping noises when I'm watching youtube/netflix. I downloaded LatencyMon and observed that the Acpi.sys driver is causing very high latency. All drivers are up to date in my laptop, can you please advise how else I can correct...
  3. Acpi.sys causing high latency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acpi.sys causing high latency: Hello,Lately I've been noticing clicking/popping noises when I'm watching youtube/netflix. I downloaded LatencyMon and observed that the Acpi.sys driver is causing very high latency. All drivers are up to date in my laptop, can you please advise how else I can correct...
  4. ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps

ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps: Ive been reading through the supposed "fixes" to this problem by browsing through the posts here, but none of them work, Have microsoft come up with a fix for this problem yet? LATENCYMON reports extremely high latency of the ACPI.SYS driver which renders my MSI STEALTH GS66...
  5. High kernel or system processes causing extremely high latency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High kernel or system processes causing extremely high latency: Hi, I have been researching and testing different methods on this issue for quite some time with no avail. I get massive audio and input latency and I cant even tell what seems to cause it. The output of my latencymon...
  6. High kernel or system processes causing extremely high latency

High kernel or system processes causing extremely high latency: Hi, I have been researching and testing different methods on this issue for quite some time with no avail. I get massive audio and input latency and I cant even tell what seems to cause it. The output of my latencymon...
  7. Extremely high DPC Latency Screenshots Included

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extremely high DPC Latency Screenshots Included: When I start up my PC, everything runs smoothly. After a few hours however usually after I've stopped using it and then come back any game or 3D application I run stutters horribly and audio crackles with the stutters. I have tried; Cleanly uninstalling and reinstalling all...
  8. Extremely High CPU Usage - Multiple system processes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely High CPU Usage - Multiple system processes: My Windows Version: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.592) About 2 weeks ago, I opened a thread on these forums regarding High CPU Usage due to the Service Host: DNS Client system process. To summarize, I was getting up to 100% CPU Usage due to this process and couldn't figure...
  9. High DPC Latency causes extremely sound stuttering!

High DPC Latency causes extremely sound stuttering!: Hello Guys, recently I updated Windows to 1909 and an old problem re-appeared again. Having some High DPC Latency mainly due to graphics driver and secondly due to USB port. The last time I had this problem, if I can remember way before 1709, I had found a solution by...
  10. Extremely high sound latency issues

Extremely high sound latency issues: I'm having major sound latency issues, and I think I have isolated it to my SSD, I'm just not sure how to fix it at this point. I have run LatencyMod and this is the report I get. Right now, storahci.sys seems to be the main culprit:...