Windows 10: High Kernel times and lag in games caused by USB devices

Discus and support High Kernel times and lag in games caused by USB devices in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I have a weird issue with my newly built PC, running Windows 10. Basically, after plug in a USB device into the USB 3.0 ports in the back of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sashley, May 15, 2017.

1. Sashley Win User

High Kernel times and lag in games caused by USB devices

Hi. I have a weird issue with my newly built PC, running Windows 10.

Basically, after plug in a USB device into the USB 3.0 ports in the back of my PC, I notice really high Kernel Times in Task Manager and I get really bad lag in games, and my single-threaded performance drops through the floor in benchmarks. I also notice "System Interrupts" at the top of the CPU usage list. (It's not usually there).

It's almost as if the Windows thread scheduler has bugged or something...

This doesn't happen when I use the USB 3.0 front panel ports or the USB 2.0 ports on the rear panel. Only the middle cluster of ports. The problem persists until I restart my PC.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.92GHz
    Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI PLUS

:)

Sashley, May 15, 2017
  2. Argel Obm Win User

ping 1000+ why does my laptop do this?

Kindly update us if the connection is stable when using a wired connection. This will help us determine if the issue is caused by how you're connected to the Internet. Like what you've mentioned, lag spikes is very common in online games. There are many
    factors why users are experiencing these lags. One of the possible reasons is loaded server. If the game's server cannot handle the volume of users, some players will experience high ping issues or lags. One cause of high ping is Internet connection issue.
    Your Internet connection may be having difficulties communicating with the game's server and this can be the reason why you're getting high pings. Aside from switching to wired connection, you can also contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to check
    your connection.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Argel Obm, May 15, 2017
  3. hologei Win User
    Start Screen tends to Lag after updating my Lumia 525 to WP 8.1 Update 1 preview

. I would recommend unpinning Cortana from your start screen if you have it pinned. The animated live tile for Cortana causes lag when the start screen is opened or scrolled down to it. Lag even on high end devices such as the Lumia 1520. with the Cortana
    tile.

hologei, May 15, 2017
Thema:

High Kernel times and lag in games caused by USB devices

1. High Kernel times and lag in games caused by USB devices - Similar Threads - High Kernel times

2. LatencyMon high measured time kernel latency.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LatencyMon high measured time kernel latency.: Hi, I've been having this problem on this copy of Windows on the old rig and on the new as well - I've changed the internals but not the disk. Another CPU/GPU/chipset - same problem. It's been a year since I'm having it.I'm currently having: MSI B550M Mortar MAX Wi-Fi / R5...
  3. LatencyMon high measured time kernel latency.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LatencyMon high measured time kernel latency.: Hi, I've been having this problem on this copy of Windows on the old rig and on the new as well - I've changed the internals but not the disk. Another CPU/GPU/chipset - same problem. It's been a year since I'm having it.I'm currently having: MSI B550M Mortar MAX Wi-Fi / R5...
  4. LatencyMon high measured time kernel latency.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. High kernel or system processes causing extremely high latency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High kernel or system processes causing extremely high latency: Hi, I have been researching and testing different methods on this issue for quite some time with no avail. I get massive audio and input latency and I cant even tell what seems to cause it. The output of my latencymon...
  6. High kernel or system processes causing extremely high latency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High kernel or system processes causing extremely high latency: Hi, I have been researching and testing different methods on this issue for quite some time with no avail. I get massive audio and input latency and I cant even tell what seems to cause it. The output of my latencymon...
  7. High kernel or system processes causing extremely high latency

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Specific mouse causes lag in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific mouse causes lag in games: I bought a wired Easterntimes tech gaming mouse a while ago and it worked fine. But recently it's started to cause fps drops in games that I play.The mouse works fine as a normal mouse, and only affects games.A different mouse and the computer's trackpad both work fine. It's...
  9. slideshow wallpaper causes lag in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    slideshow wallpaper causes lag in games: i have a quad monitor setup and plenty of wallpapers and everytime the wallpaper changes it causes a giant lag in games , i have a 5700xt and a 3900x so im pretty sure i have plenty of power for all of those wallpaper changes while playing Guitar hero,RDR2 or valorant...
  10. High Definition Audio Device causes cursor lag spikes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High Definition Audio Device causes cursor lag spikes: Hello, I have been having mouse issues for several hours. About every ten seconds, the cursor will freeze in place, and then catch up to where my mouse is about a second later. As mild as it is, it's very annoying. I went through the usual steps, updating mouse drivers,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can usb devices cause fps lag?

2. usb devices cause lag

3. usb device lag

4. high kernel times on usb