Windows 10: High Kernel times and lag in games caused by USB devices

Discus and support High Kernel times and lag in games caused by USB devices in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I have a weird issue with my newly built PC, running Windows 10. Basically, after plug in a USB device into the USB 3.0 ports in the back of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sashley, May 15, 2017.

1. Sashley Win User

High Kernel times and lag in games caused by USB devices

Hi. I have a weird issue with my newly built PC, running Windows 10.

Basically, after plug in a USB device into the USB 3.0 ports in the back of my PC, I notice really high Kernel Times in Task Manager and I get really bad lag in games, and my single-threaded performance drops through the floor in benchmarks. I also notice "System Interrupts" at the top of the CPU usage list. (It's not usually there).

It's almost as if the Windows thread scheduler has bugged or something...

This doesn't happen when I use the USB 3.0 front panel ports or the USB 2.0 ports on the rear panel. Only the middle cluster of ports. The problem persists until I restart my PC.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.92GHz
    Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI PLUS

:)

Sashley, May 15, 2017
  2. Argel Obm Win User

ping 1000+ why does my laptop do this?

Kindly update us if the connection is stable when using a wired connection. This will help us determine if the issue is caused by how you're connected to the Internet. Like what you've mentioned, lag spikes is very common in online games. There are many
    factors why users are experiencing these lags. One of the possible reasons is loaded server. If the game's server cannot handle the volume of users, some players will experience high ping issues or lags. One cause of high ping is Internet connection issue.
    Your Internet connection may be having difficulties communicating with the game's server and this can be the reason why you're getting high pings. Aside from switching to wired connection, you can also contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to check
    your connection.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Argel Obm, May 15, 2017
  3. hologei Win User
    Start Screen tends to Lag after updating my Lumia 525 to WP 8.1 Update 1 preview

. I would recommend unpinning Cortana from your start screen if you have it pinned. The animated live tile for Cortana causes lag when the start screen is opened or scrolled down to it. Lag even on high end devices such as the Lumia 1520. with the Cortana
    tile.

hologei, May 15, 2017
Thema:

High Kernel times and lag in games caused by USB devices

1. High Kernel times and lag in games caused by USB devices - Similar Threads - High Kernel times

2. High Definition Audio Device causes cursor lag spikes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High Definition Audio Device causes cursor lag spikes: Hello, I have been having mouse issues for several hours. About every ten seconds, the cursor will freeze in place, and then catch up to where my mouse is about a second later. As mild as it is, it's very annoying. I went through the usual steps, updating mouse drivers,...
  3. Game lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game lag: After reformating my computer and receiving updates, games like citra and others began lagging. there is not much updates to uninstall and all of the drivers are updated. Should i wait for the next update to deal with this or what?...
  4. Very high, Disk, CPU, RAM causing huge lag (Windows10)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very high, Disk, CPU, RAM causing huge lag (Windows10): Very recently my computer has been extremely slow, upon checking Task manager my disk was 100%, RAM and CPU is vey high. I have looked all over the internet and have found no solution to this, please help. I have Toshiba Satellite laptop, Win10, I have done a...
  5. Disk Usage at 100% causing lag in games.

Disk Usage at 100% causing lag in games.: Hi my disk is at 100%. Attached in the link is the recording of it using the windows performance recorder. I have got a new hard drive, complete reset, updated drivers, stopped superfetch and windows search, and updated my bios. I do not know what else to try. My computer...
  6. USB Flash Drive Causes Mouse lagging/freezing

USB Flash Drive Causes Mouse lagging/freezing: A few months ago, i posted on here about my mouse being all laggy and slow. Well, just now, I found out why. I inserted a flash drive and it started again. I took out the flash drive and it all stopped. I just it with all the flash drives I have. I have about 20. . I used...
  7. Turning game mode on causes mouse lag

Turning game mode on causes mouse lag: As per title. I initially had some issues with automatic background updates and all that nonsense eating up my bandwidth and cpu usage while i was gaming (this will be a complaint for another time). I thought about giving it a shot and turning game mode on, but nope....
  8. GPU shoots 100% for a short time when playing games and causes FPS lag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    GPU shoots 100% for a short time when playing games and causes FPS lag: On task manager, the GPU spikes to 100% when playing my games like Warframe and causes FPS lag. The temperature of my CPU is around 55-60 degrees when playing. I'm not sure what causes my GPU to suddenly spike up to 100%, which causes FPS spikes. Can someone provide...
  9. Windows 10 causing lag with online gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 causing lag with online gaming: I tried Windows 10 and found that Guild Wars 2 had such bad lag that it was unplayable. I had a ping of 1360 as one point when it had been in the 60-80 range previously. Internet web pages took painfully long to load. I have an excellent ISP and have never had complaints...
  10. Device manager refresh causing mouse lag

Device manager refresh causing mouse lag: I am all of the sudden getting mouse lag (mouse freezes up for 5-10 seconds every 30-60 second) due to my device manager constantly refreshing, or at least that's what I think it's from. I pulled up the device manager and the task manger to find what is happening. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can usb devices cause fps lag?

2. usb devices cause lag

3. high kernel times on usb