Windows 10: High latency issue in windows 10 Audio and Video stutters

Discus and support High latency issue in windows 10 Audio and Video stutters in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, I have updated windows to version 2004 and i have found the DPC latency to rise. I used LatencyMon application to check the DPC latency and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shanksTJ, Jul 28, 2020.

1. shanksTJ Win User

High latency issue in windows 10 Audio and Video stutters

Recently, I have updated windows to version 2004 and i have found the DPC latency to rise. I used LatencyMon application to check the DPC latency and found the main problematic drivers are ndis.sys, acpi.sys, Hdaudbus.sys and dxgkrnl.sys.

Here are the links to latencyMon and WPA results:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q1ORt5gZaq0SyJd9-Ddr8gidWjYIGA6T/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h4QmLVsfrzJF7kaT8ClXqTPMlyxkT3z5/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P6q6C48ZvpjEkQ_WEzhK4Gayuf1CVkk2/view?usp=sharing

I have tried following:

a. Disabled C-state in bios

b. Disabled unnecessary drivers

c. Using high performance mode

d. Disabled HPET

e. Turned off Link power management in Intel Rapid Storage Technology.

f. Turned off windows system sounds.

g. Set Performance Options, adjust for best performance of Background Services

h. Debloated the windows using debloat script from github

:)

shanksTJ, Jul 28, 2020

2. Audio stuttering/buzzing and storport.sys high dpc latency

I've only had this audio issue for a few weeks already after I did a custom windows 10 install bc of a previous problem. I've also posted twice about this but no one has helped me yet. I'll post the following possible solutions and suggestions that
    I've already done to avoid repeated answers

I did: audio troubleshooter, uninstalled then reinstalled audio drivers, disabled audio enhancements and tried different audio quality under the advanced tab.

After more searching online I tried using DPC Latency Checker (and then LatencyMon to be more detailed) since I read that having high dpc latency can cause problems with real time audio among other things. Apparently
    storport.sys is the problem? I literally just have basic knowledge about anything regarding this kind of stuff and I don't have any clue on how to fix this so I just hope someone can help me and give me steps by steps suggestions on how I can solve this. my
    audio has just been driving me crazy with those stuttering sounds and I don't want it to worsen.

I would also like to know if having
    Ricoh SD/MMC Host Controller
    and nothing else aside from that, under
    IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
    , is okay and won't cause problems?

please, I hope someone can help and answer this time around!

CeriWilliams1, Jul 28, 2020
  3. mythical Win User
    latency issues, random stutter + audio stutter

hey, im having dificultys with my pc. im having problem with every task im doing, even playing a yt video. so the problem is im having random freezes and audio freezes/lags every 10-40 mins. i dont exactly know whats causing it but im pretty sure its not the disks/ram. ive ran a test on a program called latencymon and thats all ive got. let me know what tests i should do to help give more information about the problem and i will. ive been having the problem for like half a year now and its pissing me off. heres a picture that might help : (bios is last version btw). also ive gotten a lag that made the pc black screen and audio loop and i had to force restart!
    PARTS:
    amd ryzen 7 3700x
    rx 5700xt nitro +
    2x 1tb samsung qvo
    asus prime pro x470 motherboard
    2x8 3600mhz gskill ram

High latency issue in windows 10 Audio and Video stutters [​IMG]

mythical, Jul 28, 2020
  4. High latency issue in windows 10 Audio and Video stutters

High DPC latency causing audio stutters

Quite different hardware but this may have your attention.

Sound artifacts and high DPC latency seemingly related to storport driver can be caused by switching between Cx power saving processor states. My pci-express add-on soundcard works correctly only if C states greater than C1 are disabled:

If you want to give it a try, see your mobo manual:

muchomurka, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

High latency issue in windows 10 Audio and Video stutters

1. High latency issue in windows 10 Audio and Video stutters - Similar Threads - High latency issue

2. Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues: Okay so this all started March 26th, 2021 I updated my windows, which had been working completely fine for the 3 or so years up to that point, with this update I received high storport audio according to latencymon I went trying to diagnose the problem and troubleshooting...
  3. Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues: Okay so this all started March 26th, 2021 I updated my windows, which had been working completely fine for the 3 or so years up to that point, with this update I received high storport audio according to latencymon I went trying to diagnose the problem and troubleshooting...
  4. Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. storport.sys driver high latency audio/video stutter

storport.sys driver high latency audio/video stutter: Hi. I experience this issue for about a year now. Finally, I made a DPC latencytest and found out about high storport.sys latency that might be causing slutter video and audio for about a second every 20-40 mins. How can I solve this? REPORT: [ATTACH]...
  6. latency issues, random stutter + audio stutter

latency issues, random stutter + audio stutter: hey, im having dificultys with my pc. im having problem with every task im doing, even playing a yt video. so the problem is im having random freezes and audio freezes/lags every 10-40 mins. i dont exactly know whats causing it but im pretty sure its not the disks/ram. ive...
  7. ACPI.sys is causing Audio Stuttering and High DPC Latency

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ACPI.sys is causing Audio Stuttering and High DPC Latency: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7577 Laptop and after formatting it once, I started getting very High DPC Latency issues with ACPI.sys. [ATTACH] Solutions I've already tried: Uninstalling Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery Formatting Uninstalling Network...
  8. Audio popping / stutter issue, high latency in latencymon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio popping / stutter issue, high latency in latencymon: Hi all, I finished building my new gaming computer recently and facing serious audio (popping, crackling, stuttering) issues as soon I start a game. These issues are appearing in both, the onboard sound device and the dedicated gameDAC from Steelseries. At least the gameDAC...
  9. High DPC latency causing audio stutters

High DPC latency causing audio stutters: Build: i5 8600k 4.5ghz. 1x sandisk 120gb ssd. (boot drive, clean install of windows and latest update.) 1x samsung 860 Evo 1TB ssd. Z370 HD3 Gigabyte Mobo. GTX 1080 ROG. 2x 2666mhz DDR4 Corsair ram. I've tried absolutely everything, disabling hpet, changing power...
  10. high dpc latency causing audio stuttering

high dpc latency causing audio stuttering: i ran latencymon and did a trace, but am unsure how to procede 40843