Windows 10: High Latency PC is Sluggish, lags, stutters

Discus and support High Latency PC is Sluggish, lags, stutters in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Not even 100% sure what's going on here. This started all recently had no issues with 1903 up until recently. Even done a clean install and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EricFrendo-Cumbo, Sep 8, 2019.

1. High Latency PC is Sluggish, lags, stutters

Not even 100% sure what's going on here. This started all recently had no issues with 1903 up until recently. Even done a clean install and the problems still exist. I did have an overclock but had no issues for months up until recently now running stock. Temps are great. I seem to be able to play games fine there is no issue there. The mouse is the problem from what I see so far. Though I have seen apps all of a sudden crash with no explanation with Windows Event Viewer. I have had the CPU Core set to 1.17v's in the past no issue what so ever but now programs even crash at that. So I've tried 1.20 and same issue. Now have it at 1.225 haven't seen a problem yet that i'm aware of. But stuttering with the mouse, web page scrolling stops and goes, scrolling in some apps has a weird effect and isn't smooth.

I've heard bluetooth has issues right now so I have removed it from the computer. Heard Realtek has issues with current Nvidia drivers and to disable Nvidia Audio which I have done. I'm currently using the back ports of the USB 2.0 cause I though there was issues with that. I thought there was problems with my USB 3.0 hub by Orico so I removed it. I've reinstalled tons of a drivers even back to their old ones to see if that would solve problems and it hasn't. I've used an air compressor to clean my computer out still wouldn't solve the issue. I have the latest bios setup for this board and also now have all the latest drivers installed for other hardware same issue.

My PC is a: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h v1.1

RAM: G.Skill 1866mhz 8gb x4 Total 32gb's (running stock 1333mhz at 1.5v)

Video Card: MSI Aero 1070 OC (Recent Drivers with Stock Frequency)

CPU: Intel 3770k currently running stock 3.9ghz (was OC'd 4.4ghz Turbo with 1.17 to 1.225v's)

SSD- Samsung SSD 860 EVO mSATA 1tb

HDD- x5

Mouse- Logitech M325

Keyboard- Logitech K360

Mouse and Keyboard are using Unifying wireless device

Latencymon says issues I've seen it get higher

High Latency PC is Sluggish, lags, stutters fb084e90-8c3e-4925-85eb-9952cf974d60?upload=true.jpg

High Latency PC is Sluggish, lags, stutters c92857f2-a021-4f7c-b867-9c77cc9b8d76?upload=true.jpg

High Latency PC is Sluggish, lags, stutters 0bc3386d-9343-4ea1-997a-942c20552731?upload=true.jpg

Here is a video and gif though it can get quite bad sometimes the mouse will drag slow. For now you can see the mouse just sudden pause.

https://youtu.be/1RPZP6CPyEc

High Latency PC is Sluggish, lags, stutters b7be9984-05b0-4607-9251-e28dced4466d?upload=true.gif

:)

EricFrendo-Cumbo, Sep 8, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

High latency/sound stuttering with ndis.sys driver

Hi, please feel free to search the forum for 'stuttering' 'pop' 'crackle'
    and advanced search for LatencyMon (by Resplendence, freeware) in posts.

As far as I've noted, some- far from all- experience this. Some may have driver issues with older devices. Some may need to use older drivers. Not proving easy to resolve.

Here are some I found for you:
    Solved Occasional micro-stuttering / lag-spikes - Windows 10 Forums
    Random Stuttering / DPC Latency Nightmare - Windows 10 Forums
    Video has a mild stutter, streaming and some local files - Windows 10 Forums
    PC lagging and stuttering during network traffic (Win 10) - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Sep 8, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Sep 8, 2019
  4. High Latency PC is Sluggish, lags, stutters

High DPC latency causing audio stutters

Quite different hardware but this may have your attention.

Sound artifacts and high DPC latency seemingly related to storport driver can be caused by switching between Cx power saving processor states. My pci-express add-on soundcard works correctly only if C states greater than C1 are disabled:

High Latency PC is Sluggish, lags, stutters [​IMG]

If you want to give it a try, see your mobo manual:

High Latency PC is Sluggish, lags, stutters [​IMG]

muchomurka, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

High Latency PC is Sluggish, lags, stutters

1. High Latency PC is Sluggish, lags, stutters - Similar Threads - High Latency Sluggish

2. Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues: Okay so this all started March 26th, 2021 I updated my windows, which had been working completely fine for the 3 or so years up to that point, with this update I received high storport audio according to latencymon I went trying to diagnose the problem and troubleshooting...
  3. Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues: Okay so this all started March 26th, 2021 I updated my windows, which had been working completely fine for the 3 or so years up to that point, with this update I received high storport audio according to latencymon I went trying to diagnose the problem and troubleshooting...
  4. Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Ndis.sys causing high dpc latency and stuttering

Ndis.sys causing high dpc latency and stuttering: My Windows is completely up to date, though I was having this issue even before I updated it to the latest version a couple days ago. Used Latencymon to figure out what was going on and ndis.sys seemed to be the culprit, it recommended disabling the WLAN adapter but I kind of...
  6. High Latency and stuttering during network use

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    High Latency and stuttering during network use: Hey everyone, I've been having the following issue after one of the many windows updates start of 2021, I only noticed it appearing more and more around end of January. Issue: Incredibly high latency in apps, games or just windows itself. No audio cracks present yet. Mouse...
  7. High DPC Latency storport.sys audio lag, pc lag, stutter

in Windows 10 Customization
    High DPC Latency storport.sys audio lag, pc lag, stutter: Hello Community, I need help. I have high Dpc Latency cause of the storport.sys driver. What can I do? My Specs are: Amd ryzen 5 1600 16gb ddr4 gtx 1060 6gb ram biostar amd 320 pro RoHs SSD 256gb 1 Tb HDD Here are some Stats: CONCLUSION...
  8. High DPC latency causing audio stutters

High DPC latency causing audio stutters: Build: i5 8600k 4.5ghz. 1x sandisk 120gb ssd. (boot drive, clean install of windows and latest update.) 1x samsung 860 Evo 1TB ssd. Z370 HD3 Gigabyte Mobo. GTX 1080 ROG. 2x 2666mhz DDR4 Corsair ram. I've tried absolutely everything, disabling hpet, changing power...
  9. Audio crackling, lagging - high latency issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio crackling, lagging - high latency issue?: This problem started on my original install of windows 10, about a year after buying my laptop. The audio would start popping and crackling. At first in was only system sounds that would do this, but recently it started happening with everything. Then the audio started to...
  10. high dpc latency causing audio stuttering

high dpc latency causing audio stuttering: i ran latencymon and did a trace, but am unsure how to procede 40843