Windows 10: High latency/sound stuttering with ndis.sys driver

Discus and support High latency/sound stuttering with ndis.sys driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was wondering if anyone found a solution for a high latency issue with intel's ethernet drivers and windows 10 which results in ndis.sys driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cel, Apr 12, 2016.

1. CEL
    Cel Win User

High latency/sound stuttering with ndis.sys driver

I was wondering if anyone found a solution for a high latency issue with intel's ethernet drivers and windows 10 which results in ndis.sys driver producing stuttering? It's a known issue which became worse with the release of windows 10 and apparently the only solution so far is to use older drivers which only work on windows 7 and 8.

Basically whenever i download something big and or use the internet connection for several hours the ethernet adapter starts producing latency spikes. I've contacted motherboard support 4 times and been told that this is an intel's issue or that i should buy additional cheap lan card or just wait for a fix but and im kinda tired of waiting. Also intel never properly responded or confirmed this issue either, apart some guy claiming to be an "engineer" and writing a couple of messages on intel's forums basically saying "this is not our issue go and talk to motherboard's manufacturer".

:)

2. Windows 10 High Dpc Latency

In this case it appears to be ndis.sys. There's plently of people with this problem. It's defiantly network related, but no one is sure about it being either hardware or software. More about it here.

Random Stuttering / DPC Latency Nightmare - Windows 10 Forums

nicolaj1982, Apr 12, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Base Filtering Engine and Extreme DPC latency

I have been suffering from High and Extreme DPC Latency.

Manifesting as Audio Glitches, Stuttering cursor and Video Stuttering.

After much time browsing the internet and using LatencyMon. I have found where my problem is coming from.

After a few hours LatencyMon reports that the highest DPC is 10,000 - 25,000 with ndis.sys being the culprit. If my computer is left on for over 4 hours LatencyMon 100,000us+ and the computer is rendered unusable.

Something i have tried are :

Updated and tried different drives.

Updated BIOS.

Disabled any kinda CPU throttling.

uninstalled third party anti-virus.

Checked System File integrity.

(None of them helped)

The only thing that has shown any result is when the service “Base Filtering Engine” has been stopped. When it has been stopped the latency drops and ndis.sys does not show up on LatencyMon highest DPC , it is them something like the USB HUB drivers ,Directx
    or Something Nvidia, at a Max of 350us (Being perfectly low) with no stuttering of any kind.

If i do re start the service “Base Filtering Engine” the stuttering comes back and ndis.sys show up as Highest DPC latency.

Leaving “Base Filtering Engine” disabled is a very bad idea, I like having a working Anti-Virus with a network Firewall.

I will be very greatfull if anyone could help me find a solution to my problem, Reinstalling windows each month has become tiresome.

Computer hardware

CPU : 5960X @ 4.4Ghz (Checked Stable)

RAM : 64 GB of RAM

GPU : GTX 1080

MOBO : Asus sabertooth x99

Running Windows 10 ver 1607

Kugelblitzninja, Apr 12, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, please feel free to search the forum for 'stuttering' 'pop' 'crackle'
    and advanced search for LatencyMon (by Resplendence, freeware) in posts.

As far as I've noted, some- far from all- experience this. Some may have driver issues with older devices. Some may need to use older drivers. Not proving easy to resolve.

Here are some I found for you:
    Solved Occasional micro-stuttering / lag-spikes - Windows 10 Forums
    Random Stuttering / DPC Latency Nightmare - Windows 10 Forums
    Video has a mild stutter, streaming and some local files - Windows 10 Forums
    PC lagging and stuttering during network traffic (Win 10) - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Apr 12, 2016
  5. CEL
    Cel Win User
    Unfortunately non of those threads got any solutions but thx anyway.

6. dalchina New Member
    You'll only find a magic fix for this if you're lucky. You'll need to investigate your own particular situation, I'm afraid.

So you can (prompted by those threads) download install and run LatencyMon and see the site on how to use it, read up on this issue and try to identify the cause in your particular case.

And do feel free to search further for more on the forum - there are more search results as threads on this topic multiply.

Please feel free to post a screenshot of LatencyMon once you've had a look at the Drivers and Statistics tabs too, and got some feel for the problem.

Sorry, it's just not likely to be that obvious...

dalchina, Apr 12, 2016
  7. CEL
    Cel Win User
    I already know what's causing the issue (described above) and i've installed LatencyMon year ago. Im simply asking whether anyone found a fix yet.

Maybe someone figured out how to install windows 8/7 drivers which do not produce this issue on windows 10 for example.

8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Apr 12, 2016
  9. CEL
    Cel Win User
    I don't need a tutorial on "how to keep older drivers". The problem is that in my case the issue is related to an intel's ethernet driver (described in the first post) on a windows 10 platform and the only solution right now is to use an older driver which only works on windows 7 and 8. Unfortunately you can't install drivers made for windows 7 or 8 on windows 10 even if you direct installation utility to an .inf file - the device simply won't recognize it or even if i manage to install it (which i did) won't work properly.

10. dalchina New Member
    I'll leave you to it. Good luck. I wouldn't wish to offer you a tutorial on installing drivers.

dalchina, Apr 12, 2016
  11. CEL
    Cel Win User
    Well unless you specifically know how to install this driver:

Download Network Adapter Driver for Windows 8.1*

On Windows 10?

Thema:

1. High latency/sound stuttering with ndis.sys driver - Similar Threads - High latency sound

2. Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues: Okay so this all started March 26th, 2021 I updated my windows, which had been working completely fine for the 3 or so years up to that point, with this update I received high storport audio according to latencymon I went trying to diagnose the problem and troubleshooting...
  3. high dpc latency with following drivers: wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and rspll64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high dpc latency with following drivers: wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and rspll64.sys: I run my laptop for real-time audio processing, but after many optimizations I still get glitches, culprit drivers are :1- wdf01000.sys2- ntoskrnl.exe3- rspll64.sysAll 3 above drivers have very high dpc latency which is affecting the operation of my audio software.What can I...
  4. storport.sys driver high latency audio/video stutter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    storport.sys driver high latency audio/video stutter: Hi. I experience this issue for about a year now. Finally, I made a DPC latencytest and found out about high storport.sys latency that might be causing slutter video and audio for about a second every 20-40 mins. How can I solve this? REPORT: [ATTACH]...
  5. Latency issues and occasional sound stutters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latency issues and occasional sound stutters: I've been looking everywhere and this is driving me crazy. I have submitted a feedback ticket for it, and have been using DPC Latency Checker. I am worried I am doing more harm than help. Does anyone have tips on how to make this stop? I edit video, and audio so it gets...
  6. High DPC Latency causes extremely sound stuttering!

High DPC Latency causes extremely sound stuttering!: Hello Guys, recently I updated Windows to 1909 and an old problem re-appeared again. Having some High DPC Latency mainly due to graphics driver and secondly due to USB port. The last time I had this problem, if I can remember way before 1709, I had found a solution by...
  7. High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys: Hello, I am posting this regarding a problem that I ran across in my laptop at the beginning of august 2019, the problem is that I am getting high DPC Latency levels that are apparently caused by wdf01000.sys according to the latency checking program, latencymon. I really...
  8. High DPC latency causing audio stutters

High DPC latency causing audio stutters: Build: i5 8600k 4.5ghz. 1x sandisk 120gb ssd. (boot drive, clean install of windows and latest update.) 1x samsung 860 Evo 1TB ssd. Z370 HD3 Gigabyte Mobo. GTX 1080 ROG. 2x 2666mhz DDR4 Corsair ram. I've tried absolutely everything, disabling hpet, changing power...
  9. Sound stuttering and high latency from Wdf01000.sys and ACPI.sys

Sound stuttering and high latency from Wdf01000.sys and ACPI.sys: I've been having an issue with my sound were it starts stuttering after some time for no reason. I've downloaded LatencyMon and it showed me that wdf01000.sys goes over 50ms after a couple of hours while ACPI.sys can go higher than 1ms. They both got high DPC with wdf driver...
  10. Clicking, stuttering sound after upgrade to Windows 10 - High latency

Clicking, stuttering sound after upgrade to Windows 10 - High latency: Hello! At first everything seemed fine. Everything was working, I only needed to upgrade the VGA driver. I have a xonar D1 card with uni-xonar which worked immediately. Than when I listened to music I noticed clicking and stuttering which got really horrible after...
Tags: