Windows 10: High memory consumption

Discus and support High memory consumption in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! My computer is consuming a lot of memory, I have an i7 processor with 16gb ram and 256 ssd. Is it normal for chrome to consume that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoãoBoueres, Aug 29, 2019.

1. High memory consumption

Hello! My computer is consuming a lot of memory, I have an i7 processor with 16gb ram and 256 ssd. Is it normal for chrome to consume that much? High memory consumption 9a2f969f-a170-46c2-a9d2-2488951fe9fb?upload=true.png High memory consumption f00acca1-9683-4c90-a38d-622822be356f?upload=true.png

:)

JoãoBoueres, Aug 29, 2019

2. Service Host: Local System very high cpu and memory consumption

I have recently formatted my laptop and within 2 days high memory and cpu consumption is showing in task manager.

atulsinha007, Aug 29, 2019
  3. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 29, 2019
  4. High memory consumption

Windows 10 - high network bandwidtch consumption by Outlook 2013

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about bandwidth consumption after upgrade to Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to delete the unused process running from the task manager.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
    • Identify the un-used processes, select and click on End task.

Method 2: Run the Performance troubleshooter.

Performance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the
      Search
      box and hit Enter.

• Select “System Maintenance” from the
      Troubleshooter window.

• Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

For any further issues on Microsoft Office products, I suggest you to posting the query in the below forum.

Support for Microsoft Office

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

High memory consumption

1. High memory consumption - Similar Threads - High memory consumption

2. HIGH DATA CONSUMPTION ON MY PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HIGH DATA CONSUMPTION ON MY PC: This is my data usage, I have switched off preload for faster browsing, sync is off, but there is still high data usage on chrome, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-data-consumption-on-my-pc/7cb9df32-1af7-4277-9c5d-6f62b9319789
  3. HIGH DATA CONSUMPTION ON MY PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HIGH DATA CONSUMPTION ON MY PC: This is my data usage, I have switched off preload for faster browsing, sync is off, but there is still high data usage on chrome, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-data-consumption-on-my-pc/7cb9df32-1af7-4277-9c5d-6f62b9319789
  4. HIGH DATA CONSUMPTION ON MY PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I have an immensely high memory usage consumption with my RAM, what to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an immensely high memory usage consumption with my RAM, what to do?: Hello, I own a PC for about 5months and I am satisfied with it, it was sold to me by a reputable company., I guess. Good performance, no problems so far. But now I noticed that my memory usage is extremely high, although I have 16GB RAM. I have about 70% memory usage even...
  6. High consumption of RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High consumption of RAM: When I open several programs. Memory consumption by DMW is very high. What is the problem??screenshot: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-consumption-of-ram/89c233e4-3971-473b-9a55-0742dd522afb
  7. System Restore Excessive memory consumption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Restore Excessive memory consumption: I have a Dell laptop with 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD. Recently, I have found out that my C drive is getting filled without actually storing any files/programs on it. I went to storage sense and found that the system restore is consuming nearly half of my memory. Can I reduce the...
  8. Windows Defender high CPU consumption

Windows Defender high CPU consumption: Hello, throughout the past couple months when I am playing a game, I noticed my screen would temporarily freeze/stutter for a second or two. After running some diagnostics, I found that a program MsMpEng.exe was momentarily consuming 100% of my CPU. After working to...
  9. Service Host: Agent Activation Runtime_15831 high cpu and memory consumption

Service Host: Agent Activation Runtime_15831 high cpu and memory consumption: Hi! Anybody knows why Service Host: Agent Activation Runtime and Service Host: Local Service Network Restricted consumes about 25-30% cpu and up to 2.5Gb or memory all the time already for several days? I read that it's kind of related to the Cortana but I don't use it much....
  10. Service Host: Local System very high cpu and memory consumption

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Service Host: Local System very high cpu and memory consumption: I have recently formatted my laptop and within 2 days high memory and cpu consumption is showing in task manager. 46978