Windows 10: High memory usage in Device Window Manager

Discus and support High memory usage in Device Window Manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This probably happened because I tried to run a 3D game on a laptop. A hardware failure in something called LiveKernelEvent occasionally messed with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by scuzzmuffin, Jan 19, 2021.

1. High memory usage in Device Window Manager

This probably happened because I tried to run a 3D game on a laptop. A hardware failure in something called LiveKernelEvent occasionally messed with me, and now Device Window manager takes up a large portion of my memory at any given time. There's a similar problem here with no solution:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/hardware-error-caused-live-kernel-event/c46c02c3-90f9-4d14-84a6-f8ecf4193714

:)

scuzzmuffin, Jan 19, 2021

2. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 19, 2021
  3. System and Compressed Memory High Disk Usage

Hi Yousef,

As you are facing issues with high system memory usage on your PC, we will help you with this issue.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with CPU usage by the processes on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

These issues might occur due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 19, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

High memory usage in Device Window Manager

dalchina, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

High memory usage in Device Window Manager

1. High memory usage in Device Window Manager - Similar Threads - High memory usage

2. High memory usage Desktop Windows Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High memory usage Desktop Windows Manager: Hi, I am posting this because I found that my Desktop Windows Manager is using more memory than normal, I tried the solutions I have found on internet and windows forum but don't seems to work. I currently have 2 sticks 16gb of RAM so 32gb of ram and I have seen that I should...
  3. High memory usage Desktop Windows Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High memory usage Desktop Windows Manager: Hi, I am posting this because I found that my Desktop Windows Manager is using more memory than normal, I tried the solutions I have found on internet and windows forum but don't seems to work. I currently have 2 sticks 16gb of RAM so 32gb of ram and I have seen that I should...
  4. Windows 10 Memory Management - High Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Memory Management - High Memory Usage: Hi . It is normal for windows to use 11 Go on 16 Go of RAM without any intensive softwares running ? Only background processes from hardware softwares like Creative SoundBlaster and Intel Rapid Stockage Technology Enterprise. And explorer.exe is taking progressively more ram...
  5. Windows 10 Memory Management - High Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Memory Management - High Memory Usage: Hi . It is normal for windows to use 11 Go on 16 Go of RAM without any intensive softwares running ? Only background processes from hardware softwares like Creative SoundBlaster and Intel Rapid Stockage Technology Enterprise. And explorer.exe is taking progressively more ram...
  6. Windows 10 Memory Management - High Memory Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Desktop window manager high memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop window manager high memory usage: I am on Windows 10 and Desktop window manager is making high use of memory. How I can control it? I am on version 20h2 if that matters. After restarting PC it will become normal 30-40MB usage. But after one more restart it again start consuming high memory around 600 or...
  8. Desktop Window Manager high memory usage

Desktop Window Manager high memory usage: My Desktop Window Manager is normal upon boot but some time after I open up games it goes and stays up high. This is one example:It's not as bad as yesterday where my memory went up to 90% and it really never goes down even after closing my game. Sometimes it has caused my...
  9. Desktop Window Manager - High Memory Usage

Desktop Window Manager - High Memory Usage: Memory usage of Desktop Window Manager increases over time, irrespective of the task. It consumes memory as high as 7GB.I have tried a lot of solutions nothing works. It would be great if someone could provide a working solution for that.Thanks...
  10. Desktop Window Manager High Memory Usage.

Desktop Window Manager High Memory Usage.: Desktop Windows Manager dwm.exe us using high memory sometimes it uses 1.5GB RAM. I have looked for many solutions but not worked for me. I have used these methods to fix memory usage. i have updated my graphics driver i have updated windows and windows apps i have closed...