Windows 10: High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver

Discus and support High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I'm running a 64 bit Windows 10 laptop. On idle, the System process is showing a high memory usage of more than 150 MB, usually more than 200... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kureoshin, Jan 1, 2016.

1. kureoshin Win User

High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver

Hello, I'm running a 64 bit Windows 10 laptop. On idle, the System process is showing a high memory usage of more than 150 MB, usually more than 200 MB. Using poolmon the pooltag SpDN showed up with a memory leak. It leads to the Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver, iaStorV.sys. How should I go about fixing the problem?

:)

kureoshin, Jan 1, 2016

2. High RAM Usage when Idling (1m after start-up)

have you tried updating your drivers? its possible that youre encountering a memory leak

check this out: Windows 10 high memory usage (unknown reason)

B.J. Monaco, Jan 1, 2016
  3. WIN10 1703 update cause Explorer.exe high CPU usage

Hi,

Glad you reached out. First, we would like to know if Explorer.exe
    is the only cause of high CPU usage. Because the common cause of high CPU usage are the following:

- Windows 10 Memory leak after the update.

- Driver incompatibilities after the update.

- Multiple startup applications

We'll be waiting for your update.

Richard tie, Jan 1, 2016
  4. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

Since this is a Intel driver I doubt the WDK can fix it.
    You may try to see if there's a more current version of Intel's RST available for download and see if that fixes the leakage issue.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jan 1, 2016
Thema:

1. High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver - Similar Threads - High memory usage

2. Memory Leak/Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Leak/Usage: HiJust by looking at the task manager I can see there is a high memory usage but I can't identify what program is consuming the memory. Is there another application that can help to identify what program is using excess ram? After restarting my memory usage goes back to...
  3. Memory Leak/Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Leak/Usage: HiJust by looking at the task manager I can see there is a high memory usage but I can't identify what program is consuming the memory. Is there another application that can help to identify what program is using excess ram? After restarting my memory usage goes back to...
  4. High memory usage caused by dwm.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High memory usage caused by dwm.exe: Hello, i have been having this issue now for a pretty long time, as soon as i turn on my computer dwm.exe memory usage will go up and up till it reaches a point where it crashes all my programs. i have tried everything i can think of like performance settings and even going...
  5. Memory Leak, 100% Usage!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Memory Leak, 100% Usage!: Hi, this is my first time posting on this forum or any forum to be exact however I could not find a working solution to my current problem that I have had for a couple of days now, see what's happening is that I have an incredibly large RAM usage for no known reason nonp -...
  6. Potential Memory Leak? Very high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Potential Memory Leak? Very high RAM usage: Recently my computer has basically become unusable. It is extremely slow. I looked at the task manager and saw that my PC is using 98% of its RAM, this is at the desktop where I am literally doing nothing and seems to happen every time I turn my PC on. As far as I am aware,...
  7. High CPU usage & Memory leak

High CPU usage & Memory leak: Hello, I've a leak memory and high CPU from lanmanServer and System ntoskrnl.exe. The system ntoskrnl.exe is on 19%-20% CPU usage all the time and the Lanmanserver is starting from 40MB RAM and will continue until the Memory usage will be full and eventually the machine...
  8. Extremely High Memory Usage While Idle - Memory Leak

Extremely High Memory Usage While Idle - Memory Leak: [ATTACH] OK so for the past few weeks I've been having problems with high memory usage. As you can see here with no applications open it's running at 88% but with Chrome and Discord it's above 95%. My computer has 16GB of RAM and I've never had this problem before. I've...
  9. memory at high percentage /memory leak

memory at high percentage /memory leak: Recently my pc has been stuck at 45-80% memory,this has stopped me from being able to play games etc.. I have tried everything till i got to the point of resetting my whole pc with a fresh start and stil... no fix. I have been looking for a solution for days now yet...
  10. High memory usage

High memory usage: Since a while now my computer's fan (I cleaned them recently) are doing a lot of noise and about 4,5 GB just diseappear into nothingness. It count as used but doesn't appear on the task manager. I tried restarting my computer multiple times and uninstalled everything yet...