Windows 10: High Memory Usage on Idle

Discus and support High Memory Usage on Idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When my laptop is on idle, it uses more than 50% memory. I have 2 GBs of RAM. On Task Manager when I sort by highest memory usage, the only one that's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OpetBrebet, Feb 12, 2021.

1. High Memory Usage on Idle

When my laptop is on idle, it uses more than 50% memory. I have 2 GBs of RAM. On Task Manager when I sort by highest memory usage, the only one that's using more than 50 MBs is Antimalware Service Executable. The rest of it is under 50 MBs. On Resource Monitor's Memory tab, the process that's using the highest Commit usage process is vmmem with more than 700 MBs and the highest Working Set process is MsMpEng.exe with 200 MBs.

:)

OpetBrebet, Feb 12, 2021
  2. khhc Win User

High Memory Usage

Dear All,

I always have High Memory Usage on my laptop as it is idling.

Please advise on how do I troubleshoot the high memory usage in order to resolve it?

Please advise whether I should be getting more RAM instead?

3. BulldogXX Win User
    Extremely high idle memory usage

Here is your first step:

You wrote: "... my pc idling at 80 - 90% memory ..."

1- Open Task Manager to the Processes tab and look at the Memory column.

2- What process(es) are using so much of your memory?

BulldogXX, Feb 12, 2021
  4. High Memory Usage on Idle

System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

High Memory Usage on Idle

1. High Memory Usage on Idle - Similar Threads - High Memory Usage

2. high memory usage on idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high memory usage on idle: task manager shows 70 percent memory usage and 5 out of 8 gigabytes on idle but it doesn't show which apps are using high memory and my system is stutteringspecs:core i5 11400h8gb ramrtx 3050windows 11 enterprise 21H2...
  3. high memory usage on idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    high memory usage on idle: task manager shows 70 percent memory usage and 5 out of 8 gigabytes on idle but it doesn't show which apps are using high memory and my system is stutteringspecs:core i5 11400h8gb ramrtx 3050windows 11 enterprise 21H2...
  4. High memory usage when idle windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High memory usage when idle windows 11: My laptop windows 11 is not operatable due to really high memory usage. I am not using anything or opened any program, it still says 70% or plus memory usage. Its extremely slow if I open any game, program or browser. It jumps to almost 90%. How to fix this problem?Thank you...
  5. High memory usage when idle windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High memory usage when idle windows 11: My laptop windows 11 is not operatable due to really high memory usage. I am not using anything or opened any program, it still says 70% or plus memory usage. Its extremely slow if I open any game, program or browser. It jumps to almost 90%. How to fix this problem?Thank you...
  6. High memory usage in idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High memory usage in idle: Recently as of three days ago my memory usage as gone from around 18 to 30% when in idle and roaming the web to 38 to 63%, absolutely nothing has been changed or altered within my pc I haven't downloaded anything or installed any software. It is disturbing me greatly as I...
  7. Extremely High Memory Usage While Idle - Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely High Memory Usage While Idle - Memory Leak: [ATTACH] OK so for the past few weeks I've been having problems with high memory usage. As you can see here with no applications open it's running at 88% but with Chrome and Discord it's above 95%. My computer has 16GB of RAM and I've never had this problem before. I've...
  8. Extremely high idle memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extremely high idle memory usage: A few weeks ago now I have had the issue of my pc idling at 80 - 90% memory with a fresh reboot. I do have quite a bit of programs in startup but I doubt that's it because I have never had an issue for this. I have done TONS of research tried many methods but non of them...
  9. High memory usage at idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High memory usage at idle: [ATTACH] I've got 8Gb of RAM but after waiting like 30mins Windows start usig between 75 - 90% of my memory for no reason. Any idea about how to fix that? submitted by /u/Geoffrey_try_coding [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 memory usage for idle too high

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 memory usage for idle too high: Hi guys! Just to fill you all in, i had some issues with my pc so i eventually formatted it completely, using a disc to freshly install the OS. Now after many days of messing around trying to figure out what is going on I see that with steam open(not downloading) and 4 chrome...