Windows 10: High memory usage with only Chrome and Discord open.

Discus and support High memory usage with only Chrome and Discord open. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Today while I was playing League of Legends with some of my friends, my pc started to act strange. First I was getting some FPS drops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/InvaderZix, Dec 7, 2019.

1. High memory usage with only Chrome and Discord open.

Hello everyone.

Today while I was playing League of Legends with some of my friends, my pc started to act strange.

First I was getting some FPS drops which aren't very common since I use quite low graphic settings to get the most fps possible and also, in the call I was in, people's mic's started to stutter. After a while I called another friend on discord and played League again and experienced the same thing. Stutter voice and then FPS drop.

I checked my memory usage and it was at 90%, which I think is quite weird, having only discord, chrome and LoL open (and my anti-virus).

I thought maybe it was because i was playing but no. After I closed the game and left only Google chrome and Discord open, about half of my ram was bring used (4gb)

I installed malwarebytes after seeing some recommendations on some posts but didn't find any viruses.

My pc specs are:

CPU:i3

Ram:8GB

GPU:NVIDIA GTX 750ti

Windows 10

Thank you all in advance.

submitted by /u/InvaderZix
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/InvaderZix, Dec 7, 2019

2. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Cmp21 Win User
    System and compressed memory high disk usage

Facebook notifications were already disabled. The slow disk operations happened even when Chrome was closed. I disabled the setting like you suggested. I just used videos as an example of how I know the hard drive is slowing down. Opening documents stored on the hard drive seems to take forever and it's not just limited to watching videos. I believe that this problem is what caused my computer to freeze up in the past. This computer is a few weeks old and had a clean install of Windows 10.

Just saw your edit, are you suggesting that I upgrade to the anniversary edition? These problems surfaced when 1511 was pushed?

Cmp21, Dec 7, 2019
  4. High memory usage with only Chrome and Discord open.

System and Compressed Memory High Disk Usage

Hi Yousef,

As you are facing issues with high system memory usage on your PC, we will help you with this issue.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with CPU usage by the processes on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

These issues might occur due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

High memory usage with only Chrome and Discord open.

1. High memory usage with only Chrome and Discord open. - Similar Threads - High memory usage

2. High Memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Memory usage: I've been trying to look around the various questions that have popped up about the higher memory usage knowledge bases, the trouble is it's a hidden process, I use chrome allot which does reach around 2-4gb out of the 32gb I have, however the rest of the memory processes do...
  3. High memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High memory usage: So, when I startup my 8gb ram laptop, the idle usage is at 60%. When I play video games, its at 96% when I usually had only 80%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-usage/d8973f8f-f580-44f2-906b-d27a6a165923
  4. High memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High memory usage: So, when I startup my 8gb ram laptop, the idle usage is at 60%. When I play video games, its at 96% when I usually had only 80%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-usage/d8973f8f-f580-44f2-906b-d27a6a165923
  5. high memory usage

high memory usage: my win 10 laptop is having 1 tb hdd i3 processor 4 gb ram and it is just 6 months old but still it always have 70 % of memory filled how do i fix that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-usage/a41d323d-8ce1-4576-9263-1463e9ab38c9
  6. High memory usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High memory usage: [ATTACH] Hi guys, does anyone know why my RAM usage is that high? It should be around 5-10% usage, but there's not. https://preview.redd.it/gnzfceilfoa61.png?width=825&format=png&auto=webp&s=369518cf957cbd3592609378046ed41a69b3b0cc...
  7. High Memory Usage

High Memory Usage: I bought a new HP in October with Windows 10. I have PC Matic anti virus. My Memory is running 80% all of a sudden. My disk and CPU are both good. I am not very good with computers. How do I fix this. Please Help....
  8. High Memory Usage.

High Memory Usage.: Hello, I recently faced issues with memory in my Dell Inspiron 5559. I am having high memory usage error. It uses 80% memory already. Can anyone help me ASAP? Regards, Ayan. please call me Ayan and sorry for my bad english...
  9. High memory usage

High memory usage: Since a while now my computer's fan (I cleaned them recently) are doing a lot of noise and about 4,5 GB just diseappear into nothingness. It count as used but doesn't appear on the task manager. I tried restarting my computer multiple times and uninstalled everything yet...
  10. High memory usage

High memory usage: Apparently this is also using memory in my graphics card because I get a message in games even on very low graphics that I'm using more than my graphics card's available memory. I've got 16GB Ram and Nvidia 1050 Ti so this shouldn't be a problem. https://imgur.com/a/zQtlWqM...