Windows 10: High memory usage

Discus and support High memory usage in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi guys, does anyone know why my RAM usage is that high? It should be around 5-10% usage, but there's not.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NegroLatacz, Jan 11, 2021.

1. High memory usage

/u/NegroLatacz, Jan 11, 2021

2. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 11, 2021
  3. GBCrosby Win User
    System and compressed memory high disk usage during file copy

Thank you Amarjeet_Paul.

I spent many more hours than I had hoped this past week reading and trying others' suggestions from this community on how to reduce high RAM usage due to ntoskrnl.exe. The "System and compressed memory" process remained the top consumer of RAM, using 500-900MB,
    among all other processes running. I deemed it to be the likely culprit in making my computer use frustratingly sluggish. After completing your
    third step, steps 1. & 2. provided no improvement in my case, the "System and compressed memory" process RAM usage has plummeted from the top of the Task Manager Process list to the bottom, running at a remarkable 0.1MB! That's a whole lot less than
    1% of the targeted process' gluttony. You're hired! Ps. I'll be keeping an eye on the process' use as I get back to normal operations, and be back if it floats to high in the list. Or if the registry fix you suggested has compromised use in any way. Please
    explain in simple terms what the insertion of your registry modification is doing.

Thanks again.

Geoff

GBCrosby, Jan 11, 2021
  4. High memory usage

System and Compressed Memory High Disk Usage

Hi Yousef,

As you are facing issues with high system memory usage on your PC, we will help you with this issue.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with CPU usage by the processes on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

These issues might occur due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

High memory usage

1. High memory usage - Similar Threads - High memory usage

2. High Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    High Memory Usage: i have 8gb ram and when i open csgo it only uses 894MB, but my memory usage shows 69%. is it normal or there is a virus on my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-usage/c7a2658b-44de-449c-b2e9-21c40f0648b8
  3. High Memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Memory usage: I've been trying to look around the various questions that have popped up about the higher memory usage knowledge bases, the trouble is it's a hidden process, I use chrome allot which does reach around 2-4gb out of the 32gb I have, however the rest of the memory processes do...
  4. High memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High memory usage: So, when I startup my 8gb ram laptop, the idle usage is at 60%. When I play video games, its at 96% when I usually had only 80%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-usage/d8973f8f-f580-44f2-906b-d27a6a165923
  5. High memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High memory usage: Hello im JakeTheMicrosoftuser,And i want to reduce my ram usage it always go to 96% of usage everytime i do normal doings like playing,using edge,idk why but it doesnt look like normal cause edge doesnt use a lot of much back then.....
  6. high memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high memory usage: my win 10 laptop is having 1 tb hdd i3 processor 4 gb ram and it is just 6 months old but still it always have 70 % of memory filled how do i fix that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-usage/a41d323d-8ce1-4576-9263-1463e9ab38c9
  7. High Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Memory Usage: Hello My laptop is almost brand new.But am not sure if the memory is working ok , its 70% 2.9GB of 4gb is in use I don't know what programs should I end task or not.Even when surfing with google chrome it goes 70-80%Whats happening ?Is it normal? How can I decrease this ?...
  8. High memory usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High memory usage: Since a while now my computer's fan (I cleaned them recently) are doing a lot of noise and about 4,5 GB just diseappear into nothingness. It count as used but doesn't appear on the task manager. I tried restarting my computer multiple times and uninstalled everything yet...
  9. High memory usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High memory usage: Apparently this is also using memory in my graphics card because I get a message in games even on very low graphics that I'm using more than my graphics card's available memory. I've got 16GB Ram and Nvidia 1050 Ti so this shouldn't be a problem. https://imgur.com/a/zQtlWqM...
  10. High Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Memory Usage: Hello, I have a question. The system process (ntoskrnl.exe) using excessive amount of RAM. So, how do I fix that? Thanks 15809