Windows 10: High Performance when choosing power plans

Discus and support High Performance when choosing power plans in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft employee, While trying to create a power plan, when trying to choose out of three options Balanced, Power saver, and High performance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alex Viljaste, Apr 28, 2020.

1. High Performance when choosing power plans

Hello Microsoft employee,

While trying to create a power plan, when trying to choose out of three options Balanced, Power saver, and High performance it automatically makes me choose Balanced as the only option and won't let me change it to the other two options. When looking through the types of performance options I already have, the only thing that comes up is the Balanced option. What should I do, as I have tried restoring High performance using Windows PowerShell and Command Prompt. It doesn't seem like that option appears after I have tried adding the program. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,

Alex V.

:)

Alex Viljaste, Apr 28, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Apr 28, 2020
  3. High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

What is the real difference between the High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan?

Kiwiprobie1, Apr 28, 2020
  4. High Performance when choosing power plans

High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

So in conclusion that the power plan is crap?

I decided to do my own bench marking between the 2 (yes I though screw is lets do this).

With the setting as ultimate performance, my score was 8386.

With the setting as high performance (the one that I normally use), my score was 8397.

So if this "ultimate performance" is supposed to let all your hardware go so to say, then why are the marks less that high? I have the same settings in both so I don't understand why its an ultimate performance thing lol.

Kiwiprobie1, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

High Performance when choosing power plans

1. High Performance when choosing power plans - Similar Threads - High Performance choosing

2. No "High Performance" power plan.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No "High Performance" power plan.: When choosing a power plan, only the "balanced" plan is available. Also, when creating your own plan, they offer a balanced one. The question is how to fix this and set more “Maximum performance”?...
  3. No "High Performance" power plan.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No "High Performance" power plan.: When choosing a power plan, only the "balanced" plan is available. Also, when creating your own plan, they offer a balanced one. The question is how to fix this and set more “Maximum performance”?...
  4. High performance power plan disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High performance power plan disappeared: Hi, My name is Miko , I have dell G15 with Windows 10I was using High performance mode in power plan from control panelBut suddenly it disappeared so I chose the balanced modeNow I can't restore it and the laptop is running slowI need help and I need to restore and use high...
  5. High performance power plan disappeared

High performance power plan disappeared: Hi, My name is Miko , I have dell G15 with Windows 10I was using High performance mode in power plan from control panelBut suddenly it disappeared so I chose the balanced modeNow I can't restore it and the laptop is running slowI need help and I need to restore and use high...
  6. High Performance Power Plan Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Performance Power Plan Disappeared: I am using the latest version of Windows 11 and I changed my power plan to "Balanced" just to try it out and when I went back into Control Panel to change it back to "High Performance", it was not there anymore. I tried a lot of suggested fixes that are on the internet but...
  7. High Performance Power Plan Disappeared

High Performance Power Plan Disappeared: I am using the latest version of Windows 11 and I changed my power plan to "Balanced" just to try it out and when I went back into Control Panel to change it back to "High Performance", it was not there anymore. I tried a lot of suggested fixes that are on the internet but...
  8. High performance power plan missing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High performance power plan missing: Hi, so it seems like high performnace power plan is missing in my new pc. I've tried a lot of methods, but they didn't work.PS: I already made a post about this, but no one replied....
  9. autounattend.xml High Performance power plan

in Windows 10 Support
    autounattend.xml High Performance power plan: In previous versions of Windows 10, a default installation would have 3 power plans, and you could simply make a choice. Now only the "Balanced" power plan exists and you have to create whatever plan you want. Using Windows System Image Manager, I created an autounattend.xml...
  10. High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.: What is the real difference between the High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-performance-power-plan-and-ultimate/6625509a-a16e-4c61-a36f-a7c9a5d7ce5c