Windows 10: High ping spike (2500+) every 10 seconds

Discus and support High ping spike (2500+) every 10 seconds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Since one of the last WIndows updates, every 10 seconds my ping will jump from ~20 to over 2500. It is very consistent. I feel like I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shaiki, Nov 26, 2018.

1. shaiki Win User

High ping spike (2500+) every 10 seconds

Hello,

Since one of the last WIndows updates, every 10 seconds my ping will jump from ~20 to over 2500. It is very consistent. I feel like I've tried every suggested solution the internet has to offer, from resetting my router, to a full Windows 10 reinstall/repair. The problem persists.

I am on wifi via a USB receiver in my desktop. I've been set up this way for over a year and haven't had any issues since the update on Nov 14th (roughly, give or take a day). Since then its been a problem 24/7.

Please help, I am at a loss.

:)

shaiki, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Cp0613 Win User

Getting huge ping spikes every 10-ish seconds

Hello all,
    Im having a rather frustrating issue; my ping makes massive jumps every 10 to 15 seconds for about 2 seconds, then drops back to normal. I just recently had to switch to wireless, and thought it was just a result of wifi, then out of curiosity I plugged the adapter into my brothers laptop and was seeing no spikes on it. Ive been running ping tests in cmd, I've run antivirus and ccleaner multiple times, and gone through and disabled or uninstalled pretty much every program I could think of that would be causing the issue. Still ping spikes. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Cp0613, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Charulay Win User
    Issue with ping spikes

Not sure if this is the right spot to put this, if not im very sorry.

Lately I've been receiving high ping spikes that only last a second or two every couple seconds, anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds apart. Pinging google.com from cmd gave me the information that I would spike anywhere from 400 to 2000 ms. After pinging my own modem I got the exact same results leading me to believe its internal. is there anyway to fix this without having to call my ISP, Rogers?

attached is the information from pinging my modem constantly. Same outcome through wired, wireless, and both together.

Charulay, Nov 26, 2018
  4. High ping spike (2500+) every 10 seconds

Windows 10 High Ping on Games

Is it before the CSGO update or after. Lots of people are reporting this issue after the update. They are saying that the new update has messed up the routing or something. I would suggest to try connection optimizer like Kill Ping. It will bypass all the
    nodes in between and directly connect you to game server.

But first do these steps given in the guide for CSGO

How to Solve High Ping Issues in CS:GO

omairhaider, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

High ping spike (2500+) every 10 seconds

1. High ping spike (2500+) every 10 seconds - Similar Threads - High ping spike

2. ping spike every second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ping spike every second: Yesterday i got the problem with the ping spike pls help me here some pinging:Reply from : bytes=32 time=396ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=1310ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64 Reply from bytes=32 time=1980ms TTL=64...
  3. ping spike every second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ping spike every second: Yesterday i got the problem with the ping spike pls help me here some pinging:Reply from : bytes=32 time=396ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=1310ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64 Reply from bytes=32 time=1980ms TTL=64...
  4. ping spike every second

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ping spike every 5 seconds.

Ping spike every 5 seconds.: Hi everyone,On the second pc we have, there is wifi. It's a computer with windows 10.The ping is perfect when it start up, and if nothing is done on it, nothing happen.But when i'm playing, about ~30 minutes into the game, the problem start. It's like every 5 seconds there is...
  6. Ping spike every 5 seconds.

Ping spike every 5 seconds.: Hi everyone,On the second pc we have, there is wifi. It's a computer with windows 10.The ping is perfect when it start up, and if nothing is done on it, nothing happen.But when i'm playing, about ~30 minutes into the game, the problem start. It's like every 5 seconds there is...
  7. High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds: This has happened before, but it fixed itself with a windows driver update, but now I've done everything I can to fix this. Every 5 seconds or so I get a really high ping spike, like 500 to 1000ms and it is unbearable and it keeping me from playing any online games. please...
  8. High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds

High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds: This has happened before, but it fixed itself with a windows driver update, but now I've done everything I can to fix this. Every 5 seconds or so I get a really high ping spike, like 500 to 1000ms and it is unbearable and it keeping me from playing any online games. please...
  9. High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds

10. High Ping Spikes every 3-5 seconds.

High Ping Spikes every 3-5 seconds.: (I already asked this on Reddit, but maybe this forum have another solution too) So if I'm playing an online game, say Counter Strike Global Offensive, the ping spikes really high for a second, then reverts back to normal. This happens every 3-5 seconds. Sometimes, I get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ping spike every 10 seconds windows 10

2. high ping spikes windows 10

3. computer getting huge ping spikes multiple times every minute

4. ping spikes windows 10 every 10 seconds,
  5. my ping jumps to 2000 every 10 seconds