Windows 10: High Ping Spikes every 3-5 seconds.

Discus and support High Ping Spikes every 3-5 seconds. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; (I already asked this on Reddit, but maybe this forum have another solution too) So if I'm playing an online game, say Counter Strike Global... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jim_O_648, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Jim_O_648 Win User

High Ping Spikes every 3-5 seconds.

(I already asked this on Reddit, but maybe this forum have another solution too)

So if I'm playing an online game, say Counter Strike Global Offensive, the ping spikes really high for a second, then reverts back to normal. This happens every 3-5 seconds. Sometimes, I get forcibly disconnected.

I've tried my best to troubleshoot anything I can possibly think of. I've tried re-installing my drivers twice, done a Network Reset and checked my firewall for anything that could potentially impact my computer's internet connection. None of these worked. This following screenshot is me pinging Google in Command Prompt. Note the "time". You can see that it's goes to about +2000ms, then goes back down to a reasonable ping.

I don't think its my modem. I think it's my Wifi Adapter, which is a TP-Link Archer T4E PCI Adpater. I use Windows 10, 1903. I was up-to-date with updates during my troubleshooting. I do dual boot Linux (Pop_OS 19.04) and there was no sign of any ping spikes. Everything remained normal. So the problem is MY PC's Windows 10. And I say "my" because pinging the same website on my laptop (Lenovo Yoga 720, Windows 10 1903) reveals that its definitely affecting only my computer.

I've been trying to find a solution for a good two days, so I'm hoping that one of you can find a solution to this.

:)

Jim_O_648, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Charulay Win User

Issue with ping spikes

Not sure if this is the right spot to put this, if not im very sorry.

Lately I've been receiving high ping spikes that only last a second or two every couple seconds, anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds apart. Pinging google.com from cmd gave me the information that I would spike anywhere from 400 to 2000 ms. After pinging my own modem I got the exact same results leading me to believe its internal. is there anyway to fix this without having to call my ISP, Rogers?

attached is the information from pinging my modem constantly. Same outcome through wired, wireless, and both together.

Charulay, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Inno14 Win User
    QUALCOMM ATHEROS AR956x PING SPIKES IN GAME,PLEASE HELP ME

I have ping spikes:the ping is 30-50 and every 5-10 seconds become 1000-2000,the ping spikes is for 2-3 seconds.

I try change dns,i try update driver to last version and i try reinstall driver,but ping spikes problem is no solved.My laptop is lenovo y50-70,my network card is qualcomm atheros ar956x,my driver version is 10.0.0.329(last version).

My driver card default setting is:

802.11b Preamble:long and short

adhoc 11n:disable

receive buffers:256

scan valid interval:60

trasmit buffers:512

Help me please

Inno14, Jun 14, 2019
  4. High Ping Spikes every 3-5 seconds.

Windows 10 high ping spikes randomly

As the tittle says i get high ping spikes in games and discord randomly 1000+ ms (while my brother is on the same discord server with , me he has around 60-70ms) when i go to task manager network usage it says 0% usage or 1 % but the i see some services
    at the top and the game/games almost at the bottom .

I ran the latest updates for windows.

My specs : cpu r5 1600 , motherboard asrock ab350 pro4 , 16 gb ram , gpu rx 580 8gb , 250 gb ssd

THEODORSTEFANOGIANNIS, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

High Ping Spikes every 3-5 seconds.

1. High Ping Spikes every 3-5 seconds. - Similar Threads - High Ping Spikes

2. ping spike every second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ping spike every second: Yesterday i got the problem with the ping spike pls help me here some pinging:Reply from : bytes=32 time=396ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=1310ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64 Reply from bytes=32 time=1980ms TTL=64...
  3. ping spike every second

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ping spike every second: Yesterday i got the problem with the ping spike pls help me here some pinging:Reply from : bytes=32 time=396ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=1310ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64 Reply from bytes=32 time=1980ms TTL=64...
  4. Why is my Ping spiking every 5 seconds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Ping spiking every 5 seconds?: My Wifi on my PC is spiking every 5 seconds and i dont know how to fix it. Ive had internet problems for about 3-4 months and it came to a point where i had bough a new wifi stick for my PC and reset my PC, but the problem was still occuring. It goes to 1000ms-2000ms high....
  5. Ping spike every 5 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping spike every 5 seconds.: Hi everyone,On the second pc we have, there is wifi. It's a computer with windows 10.The ping is perfect when it start up, and if nothing is done on it, nothing happen.But when i'm playing, about ~30 minutes into the game, the problem start. It's like every 5 seconds there is...
  6. Ping spike every 5 seconds.

Ping spike every 5 seconds.: Hi everyone,On the second pc we have, there is wifi. It's a computer with windows 10.The ping is perfect when it start up, and if nothing is done on it, nothing happen.But when i'm playing, about ~30 minutes into the game, the problem start. It's like every 5 seconds there is...
  7. Ping spike every 5 seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds: This has happened before, but it fixed itself with a windows driver update, but now I've done everything I can to fix this. Every 5 seconds or so I get a really high ping spike, like 500 to 1000ms and it is unbearable and it keeping me from playing any online games. please...
  9. High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds: This has happened before, but it fixed itself with a windows driver update, but now I've done everything I can to fix this. Every 5 seconds or so I get a really high ping spike, like 500 to 1000ms and it is unbearable and it keeping me from playing any online games. please...
  10. High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ping spikes with archer t4e

2. every few seconds high ping