Windows 10: High ping spikes / lag while online gaming

Discus and support High ping spikes / lag while online gaming in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm experiencing lag while online gaming. This happens across multiple games not just once. Everything was running fine before I updated my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Taylormade09, Aug 16, 2021.

1. High ping spikes / lag while online gaming

Hello, I'm experiencing lag while online gaming. This happens across multiple games not just once. Everything was running fine before I updated my drivers. I should have sufficient internet with download at 200mb and upload at 12.5mb as it was running fine before. I restarted my modem and router, I'm hardwired into my wifi extender, windows and drivers are up-to-date. Any help?

:)

Taylormade09, Aug 16, 2021

2. Lag spikes while playing online games

Over the last year or so I have been getting periodic spikes of lag where I am unable to move or control my character in game. I have run multiple ping tests and hardware usage tests and there is no correlation between a high ping and these spikes, or
    high hardware usage and these spikes. I receive in game feed back that I have a momentary loss of connection. During these lag spikes I also remain at stable temperatures and other features, such as discord and Spotify, remain connected. If anyone could figure
    out my issue or has any tips on how to potentially fix this issue, all help would be appreciated.

RohlfJewell, Aug 16, 2021
  3. KianJK Win User
    massive ping spikes every 10-30 seconds

Hi i have been getting MASSIVE ping spikes while online gaming and i have tried every fix online i can find. i have tried these links,

How to Fix Wireless Lag Spikes | Techwalla.com

Easy Tweaks to Prevent Windows 10 Lag - Kill Ping

Permanent fix for WIFI Ping Spikes - Microsoft Community

Analyzing network issues which can cause lag (ping spikes ...

Is There Anyway To Stop Ping Spikes??? | Tom's Hardware Forum

Ping spikes on Wi-Fi every 10 seconds. – Solved. | HiTech ...

How to get rid of ping spikes on wireless! … - summonerschool ...
    i have tried all of these and none of them work for me. some have worked temporarily but none permanently. i have checked other computers on my network and they all work fine. i have tried replacing my wifi adapter,
    no luck. I have tried other online games and pinging 1.1.1.1 using command prompt and it shows the spikes there so it isnt game specific. I would really appreciate some help. thanks.

KianJK, Aug 16, 2021
  4. High ping spikes / lag while online gaming

Network lag spikes

So, recently I updated my Windows 10 computer and while playing games with my friends I've noticed severe lag spikes while playing, so I restarted my router and my PC. It didn't help. At first I thought it was just the game, but it wasn't. I did some ping
    tests and the lag spikes are way more severe than I thought. Here's a picture of my results:
    High ping spikes / lag while online gaming ee4b963b-1534-4b60-bf26-665823a19889?upload=true.jpg
    This
    happens every 45 seconds or so, and the spike is around 400-600 ping every time. I'm not that much of a tech guy, so any and all help would be appreciated.

LukasZajicek, Aug 16, 2021
Thema:

High ping spikes / lag while online gaming

1. High ping spikes / lag while online gaming - Similar Threads - High ping spikes

2. Ping Spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping Spikes while gaming: I've been spiking on games a lot. My ping is normally at 20-25 and it sometimes spikes up to 200+.This has been a problem for a while. I've tried factory resetting my laptop multiples times and it ends up coming back after a couple weeks. Is there a fix to this issue? W...
  3. Ping Spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ping Spikes while gaming: I've been spiking on games a lot. My ping is normally at 20-25 and it sometimes spikes up to 200+.This has been a problem for a while. I've tried factory resetting my laptop multiples times and it ends up coming back after a couple weeks. Is there a fix to this issue? W...
  4. Ping Spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Having really High Ping spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having really High Ping spikes while gaming: I am having really high ping spikes all of a sudden while gaming. It just happens recently and work fine before. I am hard wire in and nobody else have this problem and I will have it when no one else is online. I try some basic trouble shooting. I also notice Window event...
  6. Having really High Ping spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having really High Ping spikes while gaming: I am having really high ping spikes all of a sudden while gaming. It just happens recently and work fine before. I am hard wire in and nobody else have this problem and I will have it when no one else is online. I try some basic trouble shooting. I also notice Window event...
  7. Having really High Ping spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. ping spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ping spikes while gaming: ill just get to the point. i have a 3mb ethernet connection and it wont let me game in the daytime, by that i mean i experience very high ping and packet loss of 100% every few seconds and unable to play with any satisfaction in the day, but when its past midnight it works...
  9. Lag spikes while playing online games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lag spikes while playing online games: Over the last year or so I have been getting periodic spikes of lag where I am unable to move or control my character in game. I have run multiple ping tests and hardware usage tests and there is no correlation between a high ping and these spikes, or high hardware usage and...
  10. Lag spikes in online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag spikes in online games: Hi all, As the title says im experiencing lag spikes when im playing online games which include (Left 4 Dead 2,Tomb Raider Etc).My ping hovers around 70-90 but after about 20 seconds it jumps up to 180-300.This constantly happens.Now bear in mind that the current (Gaming) pc...