Windows 10: High Ping To Default Gateway

Discus and support High Ping To Default Gateway in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, For some reason after I upgraded my Windows to the anniversary update. I've been having high ping issues on my laptop to the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by anonjwm, Feb 27, 2017.

1. anonjwm Win User

High Ping To Default Gateway

Hello everyone,

For some reason after I upgraded my Windows to the anniversary update. I've been having high ping issues on my laptop to the default gateway.

It will ping low like 1-5ms then on random hops it will go well over 500+ms.

I've looked all over the net for a fix and have not been able to solve yet.

I've tried resetting the router to default settings, different channels, etc. Tried moving the router but that's not the issue, because it will do it right beside the router. There are no other close wifi spot most are far away barely even picking them up. I have done a fresh install of Windows 10 and checked for malware also.

I also have the latest driver updates as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

**SIDE NOTE: I tested the laptop on an Ethernet connection, the ping is much better, most under 5ms. However I did about 10 tests on 2 of them I had a couple hops ping around 43ms. Not as high as when on the WiFi but it shouldn't do that from what I understand. I also tried on my other laptop on the Ethernet, no problems at all..**

:)

anonjwm, Feb 27, 2017
  2. CoralReef Win User

MSI GE62 6QD - Windows 10 WLAN issues

Hello,

I have this same laptop and I'm experiencing this same issue, however none of these suggestions have worked. After attempting to ping my Default Gateway it says that it has failed. Also, my Default Gateway doesn't look right. My default
    gateway reads this: fe80::ce35:40ff:fea3:bd46%2

CoralReef, Feb 27, 2017
  3. suat.cini Win User
    Windows 10 won't make a wireless connection; reports itself "offline"

Can you do a "ping your default gateway of the modem/router" ?

For this open a command prompt and type in

ping default gateway ( your default gateway may be 192.168.1.1 or something else. For this type in
    ipconfig /all in command prompt and find it. )

If you get a result, then your firewall settings or proxy settings or DNS settings are most probably blocking you from going out to internet. Even if you may swear you haven't touched those settings, malware or a program might have caused changes in those
    settings without your consent. Wireless adapter drivers may also be corrupted.

Hope this helps.

suat.cini, Feb 27, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

From a CMD prompt type
    Ipconfig /all

Then
    Tracert 194.119.131.66
    Post results and make model of router

Samuria, Feb 27, 2017
  5. anonjwm Win User
    The router is an ARRIS TG1682G

High Ping To Default Gateway [​IMG]

anonjwm, Feb 28, 2017
  6. anonjwm Win User
    High Ping To Default Gateway [​IMG]

anonjwm, Feb 28, 2017
  7. Samuria Win User
    Is the routers wireless set to n type only? the tacert show a responce from the router of 3ms does the high ping only show when others are using it or when certain electrical things are on like a TV mirowave boiler etc.

Have you edited the ipconfig to remove the ip ?

Samuria, Feb 28, 2017
  8. anonjwm Win User

Yes I edited it. The High ping comes when I do a ping to the default gateway. My internet will be fast then it will slow down. It does it every few minutes sometimes more noticeable than other times.

The router is set to g and n. My setup has not changed inside my house, it started doing I noticed after the update.

I did turn off all electronics in the room where the router was and that did not do anything.

anonjwm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. High Ping To Default Gateway - Similar Threads - High Ping Default

2. High ping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High ping: So i am i canada and i am playing fortnite with my friend who lives in australia and my internet is very bad only when playing with my friend but normally its good and when i wasin canada my ping was good....
  3. High ping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High ping: I was having an issue with high ping numbers with AT&T DSL. I was supposed to be getting up to 12Mbps, but wasn't getting anywhere near that consistently. Sometimes it would be less than 1Mbps, other times working within it's range. I switched to a new internet provider and...
  4. High ping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High ping: I was having an issue with high ping numbers with AT&T DSL. I was supposed to be getting up to 12Mbps, but wasn't getting anywhere near that consistently. Sometimes it would be less than 1Mbps, other times working within it's range. I switched to a new internet provider and...
  5. High ping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. default gateway

default gateway: Just recently my computer has stopped connecting the the internet. It is sporadic. I troubleshoot and I get this message:The default gateway is not available. I play around with it for a while and then it reconnects. All our other devices are connected just fine. I restarted...
  7. Can't ping default gateway IP address

Can't ping default gateway IP address: The client can’t access the internet. For troubleshooting, we ask her to ping default gateway, for example, ping 192.168.1.254. She gets general failure. What we have done:1. run netsh to enable autoconfig,Restart the computer.2. Run netsh to delete arp, for exampleRestart...
  8. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and tried...
  9. Default gateway not available

Default gateway not available: Help! I've searched for hours for help on this issue and can't seem to solve my limited internet issue. First it was showing up: IP not configured correctly I input the following (which I found off another random site so don't even know if it's right) IP:...
  10. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and...