Windows 10: High pitched ringing audio

Discus and support High pitched ringing audio in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My redstorm USB headphones keep making high pitched usually with a little shift in tone ringing sounds that fade in an out every second to minute. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Piie9, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Piie9 Win User

High pitched ringing audio

My redstorm USB headphones keep making high pitched usually with a little shift in tone ringing sounds that fade in an out every second to minute. It also seems to be present when I'm not wearing headphones but it's so faint I can't tell. I've restarted my laptop multiple times to no avail. Could this be an issue with my headphones and how can I fix it?

:)

Piie9, Nov 26, 2022
  2. lightly Win User

Various high-pitched ringing noises after sounds are played

I use my headphones whenever I use my laptop, and the headphones aren't causing this problem (I tried them on my phone and other computers). I have laptop that, for some reason, plays high-pitched ringing after a sound is played (like a video or notification) and the ringing won't stop until another sound is played. The ringing doesn't happen when a sound is played, just after. This only occurs when I use the audio jack, so I've been using a USB-to-audio jack adaptor for the past few months to escape the ringing. The ringing varies in tone, but it's always high-pitched. Here's a crude example *Huh

eeeeeeeeeee *notification sound* EEEEEEEEEEEE *music plays* eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *silent moment in a movie* EEEEEEEEEEEE

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Again, it's just the audio jack. If I use an adapter to use my headphones, there's no ringing. The drivers are all up to date. The audio driver is the Synaptics Audio from Microsoft (version 10.0.18362.1). There's also a program called SmartAudio 3 installed

Laptop: Acer Swift SF514-54T
    Windows 10 Version 1909

lightly, Nov 26, 2022
  3. Jacee Win User

In your system settings, go into system sounds and see which might be set and turn them off.
    High pitched ringing audio [​IMG]

Jacee, Nov 26, 2022
  4. lightly Win User

I not sure what you mean, but the high-pitched ringing is not a sound designed for Windows. It's like there's a problem with the driver or whatever. It's constantly ringing whenever sound is not being played. Most of the time the ringing is barely audible, but it's still constantly there. It's tough to describe the sound, but it's in the 4000-6000 Hertz range like in this video but much softer and quieter . It keeps varying each time too. It'll be barely audible, then a notification goes off, then it changes and becomes very audible and stays like that until another sound is played then changes again. It's very bizarre

lightly, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

1. High pitched ringing audio - Similar Threads - High pitched ringing

2. High pitched ringing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High pitched ringing audio: My redstorm USB headphones keep making high pitched usually with a little shift in tone ringing sounds that fade in an out every second to minute. It also seems to be present when I'm not wearing headphones but it's so faint I can't tell. I've restarted my laptop multiple...
  3. Headset Audio Sound like a Radio+High Pitch or a Surround System with High pitch and a bit...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Audio Sound like a Radio+High Pitch or a Surround System with High pitch and a bit...: So, Today I plug in my Headsets like what I did every day for a year and today is where things starting to get weird, the audio was Radio high pitchI'm not sure if that's the correct way to explain my problemand I've tried to plug it in/out several times now and it's still...
  4. high pitching noises

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    high pitching noises: When i was opening a powerpoint for school reasons I had youtube turned on aswell, my computer started making a high pitched noise. When I lower the volume nothing happens. When I turn on the laptop, the noise isn't there but as soon as i open youtube or zoom it starts making...
  5. Realtek High Definition Audio High Pitched noise

Realtek High Definition Audio High Pitched noise: There's a loud high pitched noise coming from the microphone that nobody can hear what I say. The troubleshooter cannot pick it up. When I use my ear buds, the microphone works. When I take it out, there's just static and my voice is not heard. This problem comes and goes...
  6. Various high-pitched ringing noises after sounds are played

Various high-pitched ringing noises after sounds are played: I use my headphones whenever I use my laptop, and the headphones aren't causing this problem (I tried them on my phone and other computers). I have laptop that, for some reason, plays high-pitched ringing after a sound is played (like a video or notification) and the ringing...
  7. Constant high pitched buzz in headphones, yet no normal audio.

Constant high pitched buzz in headphones, yet no normal audio.: Recently i have attempted to swap one of my Hard drives for an SSD, i was unable to do so, so i plugged everything back to where it is supposed to be. Now, my PC wont recognise the headphones i have plugged in, and i can only hear a high pitched buzz. Please help, Thank you....
  8. High pitch noise - microphone Realtek high definition audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    High pitch noise - microphone Realtek high definition audio: Help needed, please. Week ago, while skyping, a very high pitch sound started. I had to stop skyping not to damage everyone's hearing. I found out that it was the mic (realtek) that was giving this very disturbing noise. I updated the drivers, not successful. I had to mute...
  9. High Pitched Screching Noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Pitched Screching Noise: My pc is making a high pitched screeching noise and I can't make it stop without muting the volume. It doesn't start until I increase the volume to 100%. In the meantime, I can hear my hitting keystrokes or tapping on the pc echoing back through the speakers. How do I make it...
  10. High pitched noise with headphones, can't change audio drivers.

High pitched noise with headphones, can't change audio drivers.: I got this new laptop yesterday, a HP zbook studio G5, I can't use it with my headphones because of some very annoying high pitched noise coming through them only when I plug them in the laptop. I think it might have to do with my audio drivers, but I can't seem to change...