Windows 10: High Processes Usage Problem!!

Discus and support High Processes Usage Problem!! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Picture of my processes before windows update:Picture taken around June 12 2024After windows update:Picture taken around June 23 2024In both of these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by localuser ‎, Jun 23, 2024.

1. High Processes Usage Problem!!

Picture of my processes before windows updateHigh Processes Usage Problem!! :picture taken around June 12 2024After windows updateHigh Processes Usage Problem!! :picture taken around June 23 2024In both of these pictures I'm doing the same thing, which is disabling all startup apps and disabling all services except for the microsoft once.How do I get my processes back down to where it was before? -> Main answer I'm looking for!!I did create a restore point but I don't really wanna do that.Also, if possible I would like to get my processes under 40 without using anything like tiny windows 11.

:)

localuser ‎, Jun 23, 2024

2. system process high cpu usage

Hello,

To fix high CPU usage issue, please refer these steps:

Try to identify the process creating this issue.

Download Process Explorer from Microsoft:

Process Explorer - Sysinternals

Run the tool then select the system process, right-click and select Properties.

Switch to the Threads tab. This will show which file is using the excessive CPU usage, from which you can then attempt to diagnose it.

Also refer: [FIX] Windows 10 High CPU Usage Problem

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 23, 2024
  3. GBCrosby Win User
    System and compressed memory high disk usage during file copy

Thank you Amarjeet_Paul.

I spent many more hours than I had hoped this past week reading and trying others' suggestions from this community on how to reduce high RAM usage due to ntoskrnl.exe. The "System and compressed memory" process remained the top consumer of RAM, using 500-900MB,
    among all other processes running. I deemed it to be the likely culprit in making my computer use frustratingly sluggish. After completing your
    third step, steps 1. & 2. provided no improvement in my case, the "System and compressed memory" process RAM usage has plummeted from the top of the Task Manager Process list to the bottom, running at a remarkable 0.1MB! That's a whole lot less than
    1% of the targeted process' gluttony. You're hired! Ps. I'll be keeping an eye on the process' use as I get back to normal operations, and be back if it floats to high in the list. Or if the registry fix you suggested has compromised use in any way. Please
    explain in simple terms what the insertion of your registry modification is doing.

Thanks again.

Geoff

GBCrosby, Jun 23, 2024
  4. High Processes Usage Problem!!

High system process CPU usage on connecting to the internet.

Hi, DivyanshJoshi,

Thank you for letting me know that you've already tried the steps I suggested, including a clean boot, and are still experiencing high CPU usage from the System process when connecting to the internet.

In that case, it might be helpful to try some additional troubleshooting steps, such as performing a system file check (SFC) scan or checking for problematic drivers or hardware components. Updating your BIOS firmware to the latest version might also be useful.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

John Jefferson D., Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

High Processes Usage Problem!!

1. High Processes Usage Problem!! - Similar Threads - High Processes Usage

2. High Processes Usage Problem!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Processes Usage Problem!!: Picture of my processes before windows update:Picture taken around June 12 2024After windows update:Picture taken around June 23 2024In both of these pictures I'm doing the same thing, which is disabling all startup apps and disabling all services except for the microsoft...
  3. System process High usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System process High usage: Greetings, I noticed that my System process is using CPU by ~25%I downloaded Windows performance recorder and noticed the following:I googled around that I found out its Nvidia related. But I dont know how to proceed and I would appreciate any help. Thank you all...
  4. System process High usage

System process High usage: Greetings, I noticed that my System process is using CPU by ~25%I downloaded Windows performance recorder and noticed the following:I googled around that I found out its Nvidia related. But I dont know how to proceed and I would appreciate any help. Thank you all...
  5. High memory usage not on processes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High memory usage not on processes.: My system is Windows 11 22H2Windows uses a lot of RAM and doesn't show up on the task bar.memory in this screenshot was said to be but the user is only using 2 gigsmeaning around 4 gigs are not used by me, which is quite weird and suspiciousI tried safe mode and the RAM said...
  6. High memory usage not on processes.

High memory usage not on processes.: My system is Windows 11 22H2Windows uses a lot of RAM and doesn't show up on the task bar.memory in this screenshot was said to be but the user is only using 2 gigsmeaning around 4 gigs are not used by me, which is quite weird and suspiciousI tried safe mode and the RAM said...
  7. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  8. High "system" process disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High "system" process disk usage: I am having this issue from yesterday. My computer suddenly slow down. I went to task manager and saw system process at top of task manager window. I tried lot of stuff and did not work. I updated windows some days ago. I need help ASAP cause I use this computer for class....
  9. High Usage problems.

High Usage problems.: I'm having high usage problems on my Windows 10 pc's. The cpu and disk go up too almost 100% without running any apps. I moved to my laptop to try to find a fix but then I noticed it was happening on there too. What is happening?...
  10. system process high cpu usage

system process high cpu usage: so i went to task manager and i saw system process has high cpu usage and it was after when i connected 2 monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-process-high-cpu-usage/f6b03902-5c5d-45ad-a4b1-3087455f1c83