Windows 10: High RAM/Disk Usage

Discus and support High RAM/Disk Usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Antimalware Service Executable takes up too much of memory usage typically taking up almost 50% of my RAM at all times with sudden high disk usage at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SahejGaneriwala, Jun 11, 2020.

1. High RAM/Disk Usage

Antimalware Service Executable takes up too much of memory usage typically taking up almost 50% of my RAM at all times with sudden high disk usage at times. I have reset my laptop windows and tried a bunch of other stuff as well and am unable to solve this problem. Any help would be appreciated!

:)

SahejGaneriwala, Jun 11, 2020

2. High disk usage and Ram usage

I am using Dell laptop with 8gb ram ddr3 and 5200rpm hardrive.

Hardrive has very high usage during startup and ram too .

High RAM/Disk Usage 6c75695c-81f8-40f0-bb39-2ebf254ab012.png

High RAM/Disk Usage c7b6b71a-83a9-4474-bc50-583d17e9e4d6.png
    both
    pictueres are of almost same time and see the difference in ram usage what is it.

Disk usage becomes normal after 5minutes of booting the pc but before that it remains hanged and diskusage is almost 100%

I request you to help me with this problem.

Thank you.

NabinBogati, Jun 11, 2020
  3. AUTiger1 Win User
    High Disk Usage

Hi all, I'm struggling with finding things to fix my high disk usage. I've spent many months searching the internet and doing all the listed suggestions like disabling SuperFetch, Windows Defender, Updating drivers, ect. and still I'm stuck with a high disk usage. Here's a screen shot I took immediately following a restart and opening up to a new Firefox window.

High RAM/Disk Usage [​IMG]

I have noticed Service Host: Local System takes up quite a bit of disk usage and that if I close it and let it open back up all by itself then it immediately makes my disk usage drop into a much more manageable 40-60% usage range. But eventually after a while it maxes out again and I have to close it out again. It's an annoying step just to be able to use my computer.

Also, I have noticed that after working with my mom's computer today, that her disk usage when no programs are running is only like 5%. Makes me wonder why my computer can have no programs running but my disk usage never drops below 30% and sits in the 40-60% range with spikes up over 75%.

I honestly don't know enough about computers to do much more than I already have without causing major issues. BTW, just a couple weeks ago I had to do a Windows reinstall, not a complete reinstall, just the basic reinstall they allow you to do on Windows 10 where you still keep all your personal files. Ever since that a lot of times when I try to open a process like Run or Task Manager I'll get an error message that it can't open and then I do it again and it will open the second time.

Here's a screenshot of my computer information so you can see what I'm working with here.

High RAM/Disk Usage [​IMG]

AUTiger1, Jun 11, 2020
  4. High RAM/Disk Usage

System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

High RAM/Disk Usage

1. High RAM/Disk Usage - Similar Threads - High RAM Disk

2. High RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High RAM Usage: Hi, I am facing problems with the system memory, even being 8GB the RAM usage at idle is 55%Meaning any emulator, or heavy game literally brings it to 99%, CANT EVEN IMAGINE 99%!...
  3. High Ram Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Ram Usage: Hi there, So this is the problem, From the time I bought this brand new IdeaPad Flex 5 itlo5 14" laptop, there has always been high ram usage when I look in task manager. The ram usage has always been around 80%. I have tried to clean install windows which removes all...
  4. High ram usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High ram usage: I recently shifted from from using linux to windows and out of 8 gigs of ram 6.2 gigs is used just with 4 tabs of edge and 2 light weight apps open. The cpu temp is also averaging about 55-60 degree C, although cpu consumption is not high . Is this normal for windows 10(Last...
  5. High ram usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High ram usage: Hello, I noticed that my pc has high ram usage recently, is it normal? My pc specs: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-ram-usage/dc11e700-73bc-4ebc-8730-b280bb72c5b2
  6. High usage in RAM

High usage in RAM: Hello sir/ma'am, From last 10 days, I am facing the issue regarding RAM deficiency. Inspite of having 12Gi RAM in my Laptop, it uses 10.2Gi RAM. It is the case when after restarting my Laptop, when even not a single process is running. Why so ?? Please help me to resolve the...
  7. high ram usage

high ram usage: [ATTACH][ATTACH] In a few days, ago my ram usage is very in a 2 or more app open. and I have 60% in no app I cant do work on my pc and' I have 4GB' ram please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-ram-usage/21f73eed-4478-4761-8517-56f96820e39b
  8. High RAM and disk usage when gaming

High RAM and disk usage when gaming: Hi all, For some time now i have been experiencing some stutters in games. My GPU usage will drop when these happen and my disk usage and ram usage are always very high when gaming. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance! Ralph...
  9. High RAM usage!

High RAM usage!: Me again! Im using Windows 10 and my laptop has 8 RAM. It is always on 80-90% usage? WHAT THE HELL? I see some posts about Memory Leak? Any tips for this to solve? P.S: I have another post about Windows Defender, so if you can help,ill be thankful! [ATTACH]...
  10. High RAM usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High RAM usage: My PC is going slow because of my RAM I have 8GB of RAM, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, Nvidia 1050 TI. When ever I load a game I get loads of frame drops. I have watched so many YouTube videos and looked at loads of comments to fix it but that doesn't work. My mates have tried as well,...