Windows 10: High Ram usage and too many Svchost process

Discus and support High Ram usage and too many Svchost process in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Pc was running Slow so i checked all applications from task manager and i found around 92 svchost processes and RAM usage above 80% and no apps were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shivam1911, Dec 26, 2019.

1. High Ram usage and too many Svchost process

My Pc was running Slow so i checked all applications from task manager and i found around 92 svchost processes and RAM usage above 80% and no apps were using the RAM.
    Please tell me a solution of this problem. High Ram usage and too many Svchost process 6a1bc2a8-7557-4888-8ab1-2bee2b702339?upload=true.png

:)

Shivam1911, Dec 26, 2019

2. svchost high usage

I have a HP-omen 17. Recently I have been observing high cpu usage under the name of one/two unnamed process related to svchost.exe. The problem started recently with sudden high usage of cpu during pc start up. These process have to be terminated each time
    individually. The pinpoint location of this svchost is in Windows SysWow64.

I have scanned these files with Mcafee live safe which shows 0 virus.

sarthakkhurana, Dec 27, 2019
  3. SarahKong Win User
    svchost high usage

See link below to figure out which app is hogging your resources.

https://www.wintips.org/how-to-fix-svchost-exe-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

SarahKong, Dec 27, 2019
  4. GBCrosby Win User

High Ram usage and too many Svchost process

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file copy

Thank you Amarjeet_Paul.

I spent many more hours than I had hoped this past week reading and trying others' suggestions from this community on how to reduce high RAM usage due to ntoskrnl.exe. The "System and compressed memory" process remained the top consumer of RAM, using 500-900MB,
    among all other processes running. I deemed it to be the likely culprit in making my computer use frustratingly sluggish. After completing your
    third step, steps 1. & 2. provided no improvement in my case, the "System and compressed memory" process RAM usage has plummeted from the top of the Task Manager Process list to the bottom, running at a remarkable 0.1MB! That's a whole lot less than
    1% of the targeted process' gluttony. You're hired! Ps. I'll be keeping an eye on the process' use as I get back to normal operations, and be back if it floats to high in the list. Or if the registry fix you suggested has compromised use in any way. Please
    explain in simple terms what the insertion of your registry modification is doing.

Thanks again.

Geoff

GBCrosby, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

High Ram usage and too many Svchost process

1. High Ram usage and too many Svchost process - Similar Threads - High Ram usage

2. svchost high memory and cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    svchost high memory and cpu usage: SVCHOST ha made my gaming pretty bad, im running on Asus laptop with a gtx 1070 and i7 8750H.Heres where the problem comes my fps is very high on almost all games but my fps drops to 20-40 in every minute or so, in windows it ranged to 5-20 fps but the fps goes from 144 to 1...
  3. RAM usage is too high

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM usage is too high: Firefox seems to use the most memory, but Google Chrome also uses a lot. The laptop has 12 GB of SODIMM 3200 MHz RAM, It has Windows 11. Two tabs in Firefox can take RAM usage up to 70%.Another computer has 12 GB of SODIMM DDR3 1600 MHz RAM, and it has Windows 10, but RAM...
  4. RAM usage is too high

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM usage is too high: Firefox seems to use the most memory, but Google Chrome also uses a lot. The laptop has 12 GB of SODIMM 3200 MHz RAM, It has Windows 11. Two tabs in Firefox can take RAM usage up to 70%.Another computer has 12 GB of SODIMM DDR3 1600 MHz RAM, and it has Windows 10, but RAM...
  5. Ram usage too high

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ram usage too high: I have 8 GB of ram and my PC uses 40-50% on idle. Ram map says process private. I have tried lots of solutions that I've found on google however non of them worked for me. Any suggestions? submitted by /u/lililpotato [link] [comments]...
  6. High Ram Usage But Process Usage Don't Add up

High Ram Usage But Process Usage Don't Add up: Hey everyone I've been having this problem for a long time where I don't know what to do where my ram usage is very high while the programs' usages don't add up to it This happens all the time while I'm casually browsing on Edge or Chrome and it would reach 60-70% where I...
  7. RAM Usage too high?

RAM Usage too high?: So I use a Lenovo X1 Laptop from 2012 with Windows 10, this old machinery rocks 8GB of RAM. However, when i checked in Task Manager, a staggering 3,3 GB of 7,7 GB is being used! Mind you, this is with all tabs and background applications closed. My question is thus,...
  8. svchost high usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    svchost high usage: I have a HP-omen 17. Recently I have been observing high cpu usage under the name of one/two unnamed process related to svchost.exe. The problem started recently with sudden high usage of cpu during pc start up. These process have to be terminated each time individually. The...
  9. RAM usage too high in idle ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RAM usage too high in idle ?: Hi all, have this problem for a while now. I have 16GB of ram and usage is extremely high while PC is in idle. 99% ram usage and 70-80% quite often.When i start the computer it's fine and then it starts slowly to increase to as i said 70-80 and finally 99%. Computer doesn't...
  10. Extremely HIGH CPU Usage (SVCHost)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely HIGH CPU Usage (SVCHost): So, basically I upgraded to Windows 10, and it's been a huge nightmare. To start with, I didn't enjoy the experience and tried to downgrade, but I was informed the backup was corrupted (it was using a different file structure or something) and was incompatible. So... no...