Windows 10: High Ram usage for no reason, even when idle Windows 11

Discus and support High Ram usage for no reason, even when idle Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have 8 gigs of RAM and the usage is about 50% when idle with nothing opened.Most of the time i don't really experience any issues, but for example... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nizaroko1, Feb 5, 2022.

1. Nizaroko1 Win User

High Ram usage for no reason, even when idle Windows 11

I have 8 gigs of RAM and the usage is about 50% when idle with nothing opened.Most of the time i don't really experience any issues, but for example when I try to play a game the ram usage is usually 99% and it stutters alot because I only have 4 gigs of shared video memory.When opening a single firefox tab with nothing running in the background the memory usage goes up to 70%.Here are some screenshots:Idle1 Firefox tab openedDoes anyone have a fix for this?

:)

Nizaroko1, Feb 5, 2022

2. RAM usage too high in idle ?

High Ram usage for no reason, even when idle Windows 11 [​IMG]

This is what happened.

JordanMihailov, Feb 5, 2022
  3. RAM usage too high in idle ?

That is the rest of the screen.

JordanMihailov, Feb 5, 2022
  4. BossDweeb Win User

High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%

"ram usage at idle is 60%"

- Not a fix for your unknown RAM use (Greg's suggestions should help with that), and this only adds up to a bit under 1GB use but...

A system is not at idle with around eight Chrome browser Windows and tabs open.

Discord, and two active searches. Not to mention a system hogging 'Anti-malware' program.

Desktop Window Manager is using more than usual as well.

- It looks like you have a bit of DELL bloatware running too.

- What is the RAM use straight after re-booting Windows ?

BossDweeb, Feb 5, 2022
Thema:

1. High Ram usage for no reason, even when idle Windows 11 - Similar Threads - High Ram usage

2. Very high ram usage for no apparent reason even when idle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very high ram usage for no apparent reason even when idle.: hey guys, ive been having this issue where even just right after i start up my pc, my ram usage is very high regardless of whats open. i have 32 gb of ram, and usually its like around 8 gb when idle, after a fresh boot of the pc can go to 10-12 when playing games not...
  3. Very high ram usage for no apparent reason even when idle.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very high ram usage for no apparent reason even when idle.: hey guys, ive been having this issue where even just right after i start up my pc, my ram usage is very high regardless of whats open. i have 32 gb of ram, and usually its like around 8 gb when idle, after a fresh boot of the pc can go to 10-12 when playing games not...
  4. Very high ram usage for no apparent reason even when idle.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. GETTING HIGH RAM USAGE EVEN WHEN IDLE !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GETTING HIGH RAM USAGE EVEN WHEN IDLE !: Hi everyone , please help ! I have 8 gb ram . But for last few days , i am experiencing high memory usage . In the above screenshot , I wanna mention no app was in use other that snip tool . !! It irritates while using obs and vmware ........HELP!!...
  6. GETTING HIGH RAM USAGE EVEN WHEN IDLE !

GETTING HIGH RAM USAGE EVEN WHEN IDLE !: Hi everyone , please help ! I have 8 gb ram . But for last few days , i am experiencing high memory usage . In the above screenshot , I wanna mention no app was in use other that snip tool . !! It irritates while using obs and vmware ........HELP!!...
  7. GETTING HIGH RAM USAGE EVEN WHEN IDLE !

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. GETTING HIGH RAM USAGE EVEN WHEN IDLE !

9. High Ram usage for no reason, even when idle Windows 11

High Ram usage for no reason, even when idle Windows 11: I have 8 gigs of RAM and the usage is about 50% when idle with nothing opened.Most of the time i don't really experience any issues, but for example when I try to play a game the ram usage is usually 99% and it stutters alot because I only have 4 gigs of shared video...
  10. High ram usage when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High ram usage when idle: Hello , I have been facing this problem for a while now .My ram usage is up to 4 gb even when no apps are running I have run scans on windows defender and Malware Bytes but nothing shows up , PC specs and winver GPU : Nvidia Geforce 940mx Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7200U...