Windows 10: High Ram Usage of Desktop Window Manager after adding second RAM

Discus and support High Ram Usage of Desktop Window Manager after adding second RAM in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using windows 10 Pro on my Dell Latitude E6440, recently I've upgrade my RAM from 4GB to 8GB by adding same configuration RAM stick of 4GB but,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KaranRajput7, Nov 21, 2020 at 3:22 PM.

1. High Ram Usage of Desktop Window Manager after adding second RAM

I'm using windows 10 Pro on my Dell Latitude E6440, recently I've upgrade my RAM from 4GB to 8GB by adding same configuration RAM stick of 4GB but, after adding RAM my CPU usage and RAM usage are increased as earlier my CPU usage was around 1-2% in idle usage and now around 30% and same case with the RAM, both of CPU usage and RAM usage is taken by Desktop Window Manager. I am also attaching a Snapshot for your reference.

Please help me out of this due to this my battery drain very fast.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you! High Ram Usage of Desktop Window Manager after adding second RAM 9cbac0e7-d5db-4726-8daf-c3aa21ccad57?upload=true.png

:)

KaranRajput7, Nov 21, 2020 at 3:22 PM
  2. AnthonyTraber, Nov 21, 2020 at 3:26 PM
  3. Unknown Constant RAM Usage

Hi,

To explore more on RAM usage by processes and see in-depth I advise you to open the Resource monitor, please follow the below steps.

Step 1 :

Open Task Manager

Step 2:

Click on Performance

Step 3:

At the bottom click on Open Resource Monitor

Step 4:

Under Resource Monitor windows click on Memory

Step 5:

Click on Working Set to list the top process utilizing the more RAM and then evaluate RAM usage.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Nov 21, 2020 at 3:26 PM
  4. High Ram Usage of Desktop Window Manager after adding second RAM

RAM usage extremely high and source undetectable

First of all, thank you for your response.

Second, the solutions you've given me, all relate to either the source of the issue being visible in task manager or they are solutions to bad RAM. Only the first one actually relates to the source of the high RAM usage not being visible in task manager,
    but for me, the source is not even visible in poolmon.

Also, I find it very peculiar that it says my user account is only using 1 GB of RAM the last time I checked and the system was using 4 GB of RAM.

So, I would be very if you would further help me locate the source of my high RAM usage.

Kelvin Bouma, Nov 21, 2020 at 3:26 PM
Thema:

High Ram Usage of Desktop Window Manager after adding second RAM

1. High Ram Usage of Desktop Window Manager after adding second RAM - Similar Threads - High Ram Usage

2. Dekstop windows manager High Ram Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dekstop windows manager High Ram Usage: why my dwm.exe use high memory ? before this i got it using 12gb of ram , how to fix it ? i've search on some forum but nothing happen[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dekstop-windows-manager-high-ram-usage/cba9de39-1cea-4e70-b68d-cc72c3e51cc5
  3. High RAM usage by Desktop Window Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High RAM usage by Desktop Window Manager: [ATTACH] Since last couple of months I have been experiencing high RAM usage by Desktop Window Manager (up to even 3 GB). Can someone please confirm if it is normal or should I worry about this case.I have my new laptop optimized and also the specs are pretty good (9750H,...
  4. High ram usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High ram usage: have 8gb of ram and only use 1gb of ram but ram usage is at 90% average 8gb ram pentium g4560 windows 10 home 1909 [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-ram-usage/5648c984-e72e-4c8b-a185-7149d6bc2d40
  5. High RAM usage

High RAM usage: My laptop uses 40% memory when idle which didn't make sense because there were no open processes and all the system services were between 2-15 MB. I then used RAMMap and it showed that the nonpaged pool used 2.3Gb of RAM so I then used poolmon saw that there were two...
  6. High RAM Usage

High RAM Usage: Hi all OS: Windows 10 Pro (version 1903 and build 18362.657) GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8 GB PULSE CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor (have never overclocked it) RAM: Crucial 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2133 Motherboard: Asus PRIME B350-PLUS ATX AM4 I've had a...
  7. High RAM usage

High RAM usage: Hi, so recently I upgraded my rig to r7 3700x, rtx 2060 msi, 2x8GB Corsair 3600MHz CL18 Vengeance RGB. But something strange occurred. My RAM usage is waaay off. My user uses only 3GB, but windows shows and other programs that 80% sometimes even 95% of my RAM capacity is...
  8. High ram Usage

High ram Usage: Hi, my computer is using 6 to 7 GB of ram on idle. I have 32 GB installed on my laptop. Any suggestion? submitted by /u/gauravsood1991 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dubdln/high_ram_usage/
  9. desktop window manager extremely high ram usage

desktop window manager extremely high ram usage: I am have the same issue that is described here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/desktop-window-manager-extremely-high-ram-usage/de72f8b4-8128-485b-bdf9-5e3589e66e85 I will post the capture...
  10. high ram usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    high ram usage: most of the time i have ram usage like 40-60, but all of the processes are using like 400 mb and i have 4gb ram. [img] [img] [img] 21560