Windows 10: High ram usage on laptop

Discus and support High ram usage on laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a laptop with 8gb ram and it's using 62 percent ram when idle im on windows 11 And I don't have any tasks in the background which use another of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ali Pathan, Sep 3, 2023.

1. High ram usage on laptop

I have a laptop with 8gb ram and it's using 62 percent ram when idle im on windows 11 And I don't have any tasks in the background which use another of mb except for one which is using 300 but that'd the highest and it's part of windows security check or something can someone help me pls

:)

Ali Pathan, Sep 3, 2023

2. High Ram Usage

Hi there,

So this is the problem, From the time I bought this brand new IdeaPad Flex 5 (itlo5) 14" laptop, there has always been high ram usage when I look in task manager. The ram usage has always been around 80%. I have tried to clean install windows (which removes all bloatware from the manufacturer) but there is still high ram usage. My old HP laptop had the same amount of ram as this laptop (4GB) but the speed of the ram was slower. And the ram usage had been lower than this laptop!

Thanks

Eknoor Singh1, Sep 3, 2023
  3. lxdiamond Win User
    High RAM Usage in Win10

Thanks alot for your answers:
    @PolarNettles: yes I have a Gigabyte Z170x Gaming-3 Mainboard with Killer E2200 ethernet controller. Are there known issues with this controller?
    @Spectrum: I downloaded the program and got this screen

High ram usage on laptop 182249d1521927104t-high-ram-usage-win10-ram_3.jpg
    is this of some use for you?

@AddRAM: RAMMap did nothing as I emptied all the lists. At first boot RAM usage is normal, but when I work or play some time it kinda stacks up the RAM. Snip of the resource monitor

High ram usage on laptop 182250d1521927674t-high-ram-usage-win10-ram_4.jpg

lxdiamond, Sep 3, 2023
  4. High ram usage on laptop

High ram usage when idle

Hello, I'm Greg, here to help you with this.

Try these fixes for Windows 10 high RAM usage when idle:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/...

https://thetechietrickle.com/windows-10-high-ra...

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/high-ra...

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/cwza...

Let me know if you have any questions or I can help performing any of the above steps. Based on the results you post back I will have other steps to try if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack, Sep 3, 2023
Thema:

High ram usage on laptop

1. High ram usage on laptop - Similar Threads - High ram usage

2. New laptop but high ram usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop but high ram usage: hey i bought a hp victus laptop recently and have windows 11 i have updated all the windows updates but still the ram usage is unusally high like in idle mode too the ram usage is highsince it is new laptop i don't have many applications also but still ram usage is above 60%...
  3. New laptop but high ram usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop but high ram usage: hey i bought a hp victus laptop recently and have windows 11 i have updated all the windows updates but still the ram usage is unusally high like in idle mode too the ram usage is highsince it is new laptop i don't have many applications also but still ram usage is above 60%...
  4. High ram usage on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High ram usage on laptop: I have a laptop with 8gb ram and it's using 62 percent ram when idle im on windows 11 And I don't have any tasks in the background which use another of mb except for one which is using 300 but that'd the highest and it's part of windows security check or something can someone...
  5. High Ram usage on new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Ram usage on new laptop: I have recently bought a new laptop, however i have recently noticed that the memory have always flown between 50-60% after reboot, and 70-80% when browsing the internet, I have recently checked the task manager however it would seem that all the listed tasks dont go over...
  6. High Ram usage on new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Ram usage on new laptop: I have recently bought a new laptop, however i have recently noticed that the memory have always flown between 50-60% after reboot, and 70-80% when browsing the internet, I have recently checked the task manager however it would seem that all the listed tasks dont go over...
  7. High Ram Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Ram Usage: Hi there, So this is the problem, From the time I bought this brand new IdeaPad Flex 5 itlo5 14" laptop, there has always been high ram usage when I look in task manager. The ram usage has always been around 80%. I have tried to clean install windows which removes all...
  8. High ram usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High ram usage: I recently shifted from from using linux to windows and out of 8 gigs of ram 6.2 gigs is used just with 4 tabs of edge and 2 light weight apps open. The cpu temp is also averaging about 55-60 degree C, although cpu consumption is not high . Is this normal for windows 10(Last...
  9. High usage in RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High usage in RAM: Hello sir/ma'am, From last 10 days, I am facing the issue regarding RAM deficiency. Inspite of having 12Gi RAM in my Laptop, it uses 10.2Gi RAM. It is the case when after restarting my Laptop, when even not a single process is running. Why so ?? Please help me to resolve the...
  10. high ram usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high ram usage: [ATTACH][ATTACH] In a few days, ago my ram usage is very in a 2 or more app open. and I have 60% in no app I cant do work on my pc and' I have 4GB' ram please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-ram-usage/21f73eed-4478-4761-8517-56f96820e39b