Windows 10: high ram usage

Discus and support high ram usage in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; most of the time i have ram usage like 40-60, but all of the processes are using like 400 mb and i have 4gb ram. [img] [img] [img] 21560 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TheViper, Sep 6, 2015.

1. TheViper Win User

high ram usage

most of the time i have ram usage like 40-60, but all of the processes are using like 400 mb and i have 4gb ram.

high ram usage [​IMG]

high ram usage [​IMG]

high ram usage [​IMG]

:)

TheViper, Sep 6, 2015

2. High Ram usage

This is not necessarily a problem. Any RAM that is unused is wasted RAM. Any data or programs loaded into RAM will tend to stay there to be available if required again. This RAM can be reused if needed.

A problem only occurs if you run out of RAM, and 8GB is plenty for home use.

Alan Russell, Sep 6, 2015
  3. High Ram usage

Seems like a common problem... I did look on all of the other threads, but did not manage to fix my problem.

I did a clean install of windows 10 pro and saw that on idle my computer uses about 30% RAM... I have an 8 GB of RAM... and faced this issue before( that is why I performed the clean install in first place). I tried googling it for hours, did not find any
    solution to my problem.

thank you.

Hacktivator, Sep 6, 2015
  4. LMiller7 Win User

high ram usage

Don't expect that the sum of the memory usage column will equal total usage. This will never happen and it was never intended that it would. The screenshot shows only your own but with none of the system processes. The numbers don't show all of a process's memory usage. There are also some very significant users of memory that are not processes, not all of which are shown in Task Manager.

Considering what is running the usage shown does not seem unreasonable on a 64 bit OS with 4 GB RAM.

Edit: Also be aware that the usage shown is by no means a fixed quantity. Memory management in any modern OS is highly dynamic. Memory usage at present may seem high but that is only because there is currently no better use for the memory. The memory manager will always try to find some use for as much memory as possible, even if it is only of trivial value. Free memory is wasted memory. But if a large application is started the usage of current processes will be trimmed back if necessary to meet the demand.

LMiller7, Sep 6, 2015
  5. TheViper Win User
    but when i run games that uses 1gb or more ram my ram usage becomes 90-96 and the computer starts lagging.

high ram usage [​IMG]

high ram usage [​IMG]

high ram usage [​IMG]

TheViper, Sep 6, 2015
  6. Geneo Win User
    RAM is pretty cheap right now.

Geneo, Sep 6, 2015
  7. TheViper Win User
    so? this has nothing to do with my problem.

TheViper, Sep 6, 2015
  8. WhyMe Win User

high ram usage

It has everything to do with your problem. It appears your RAM usage is pretty normal, that your system is not behaving unusually. (Unless you are missing out important info)

Therefore, a good solution to a lack of available RAM is to buy some more. *Smile

WhyMe, Sep 6, 2015
  9. TheViper Win User
    no the problem is my ram usage is 90-95 while only using 2 gb of my ram

TheViper, Sep 6, 2015
  10. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Try shutting down Google Chrome's background processes.

eLPuSHeR, Sep 6, 2015
  11. TheViper Win User
    chrome is only using 300 mb

TheViper, Sep 6, 2015
  12. WhyMe Win User
    On your last screenshots you are using approx. 50% available RAM on your system (including approx. 20% for Chrome), plus a further 40% for your game. Total 90%

Chrome is using lots as you have lots of tabs/windows running

Not according to your screenshots. Off the top of my head, I'd say you have about 20% of RAM being used by chrome

WhyMe, Sep 6, 2015
  13. high ram usage

As others have advised, by more Ram.
    I've only got 4GB of Ram and I can replicate your screenshot easily, start a game, open up a few instances of Chrome and Firefox and it starts to become unusable.

high ram usage [​IMG]

Reboot and start the game straight away, voila! not much headroom Ramwise.

high ram usage [​IMG]

Torquemada, Sep 6, 2015
  14. Geneo Win User
    The Intel graphics uses system RAM, there is no dedicated video RAM.

Geneo, Sep 6, 2015
  15. TheViper Win User
    so if i buy new gpu and ram does intel graphics stop using my ram?

TheViper, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

high ram usage

1. high ram usage - Similar Threads - high ram usage

2. High RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High RAM Usage: Hi, I am facing problems with the system memory, even being 8GB the RAM usage at idle is 55%Meaning any emulator, or heavy game literally brings it to 99%, CANT EVEN IMAGINE 99%!...
  3. High Ram Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Ram Usage: Hi there, So this is the problem, From the time I bought this brand new IdeaPad Flex 5 itlo5 14" laptop, there has always been high ram usage when I look in task manager. The ram usage has always been around 80%. I have tried to clean install windows which removes all...
  4. High ram usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High ram usage: I recently shifted from from using linux to windows and out of 8 gigs of ram 6.2 gigs is used just with 4 tabs of edge and 2 light weight apps open. The cpu temp is also averaging about 55-60 degree C, although cpu consumption is not high . Is this normal for windows 10(Last...
  5. High ram usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High ram usage: Hello, I noticed that my pc has high ram usage recently, is it normal? My pc specs: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-ram-usage/dc11e700-73bc-4ebc-8730-b280bb72c5b2
  6. High ram usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High ram usage: Hello, I noticed that my pc has high ram usage recently, is it normal? My pc specs: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-ram-usage/dc11e700-73bc-4ebc-8730-b280bb72c5b2
  7. High usage in RAM

High usage in RAM: Hello sir/ma'am, From last 10 days, I am facing the issue regarding RAM deficiency. Inspite of having 12Gi RAM in my Laptop, it uses 10.2Gi RAM. It is the case when after restarting my Laptop, when even not a single process is running. Why so ?? Please help me to resolve the...
  8. high ram usage

high ram usage: [ATTACH][ATTACH] In a few days, ago my ram usage is very in a 2 or more app open. and I have 60% in no app I cant do work on my pc and' I have 4GB' ram please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-ram-usage/21f73eed-4478-4761-8517-56f96820e39b
  9. High RAM usage!

High RAM usage!: Me again! Im using Windows 10 and my laptop has 8 RAM. It is always on 80-90% usage? WHAT THE HELL? I see some posts about Memory Leak? Any tips for this to solve? P.S: I have another post about Windows Defender, so if you can help,ill be thankful! [ATTACH]...
  10. High RAM usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High RAM usage: My PC is going slow because of my RAM I have 8GB of RAM, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, Nvidia 1050 TI. When ever I load a game I get loads of frame drops. I have watched so many YouTube videos and looked at loads of comments to fix it but that doesn't work. My mates have tried as well,...