Windows 10: high-refresh-rate-displays-60hz-and-netflixamazon

Discus and support high-refresh-rate-displays-60hz-and-netflixamazon in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-refresh-rate-displays-60hz-and-netflixamazon/ba8a7023-e423-4cd8-8008-a01542bb9417 i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Stephan Obermoser, Jun 26, 2019.

1. high-refresh-rate-displays-60hz-and-netflixamazon

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-refresh-rate-displays-60hz-and-netflixamazon/ba8a7023-e423-4cd8-8008-a01542bb9417

i have this anoing problem too!

is there another solution exept for disable enhanced sync and freesync?

:)

Stephan Obermoser, Jun 26, 2019

2. Refresh rate Problem

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Screen refresh rate is the rate at which the data displayed on screen is refreshed; it may be an image or some text document. Most of the users would like to set it to a higher rate but this also depends on the capacity of graphic
    card and monitors. If the refresh rate is slow, the images on the display looks as flickering to the user eye and makes it uncomfortable to work.

Nowadays the latest monitors available in market will have minimum 60 Hz of refresh rate and it is very good option to set it to 70 Hz if you your monitor is compatible. Normally a high performance or quality monitors can reach
    120 Hz of refresh rate. So I would suggest you to set your monitor refresh rate as higher as possible, below given steps describes how to access this feature on your Windows 8.1/10 PC.

• The default refresh rate setting is 60 Hertz (HZ); however, your monitor may support a higher setting. Check your manufacturer's documentation for information about the settings that your monitor supports.
    • If you use a higher refresh rate, you can reduce the rate that your screen flickers; however, if you specify a refresh rate that is too high for your monitor, your screen may become unusable and your hardware may be damaged.
    • Changes to the refresh rate affect all users that log on to the computer.
    I would, as of now, suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest display and chipset drivers available for the latest operating system (currently it would be 8.1 in the list).

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Refresh rate

Hello everyone

I have bought a new laptop and it says the max refresh rate is 120hz. But whatever I do I cannot get past 60hz. I tried It with NVidia control pane and with windows display settings. But on both NVidia control panel and windows display settings (list all
    modes and refresh rate) it says I cant get past 60hz and my driver is updated. I even tried to get 120hz with a lower resolution but it doesn't work. If someone knows what the problem is can you help me?

21312131_087, Jun 26, 2019
  4. fSHUN Win User

high-refresh-rate-displays-60hz-and-netflixamazon

Main display limits refresh rate?

Hi, I have the same problem.

It seems that the refresh rate of secondary display is restricted to that of main display. To illustrate a little bit more in detail, the movement of mouse cursor is displayed in high refresh rate, but the content in windows is displayed in low refresh rate.
    So it seems not to be the problem occurring from PC itself, but rather from the Windows' graphic architecture.

(And as Vegedus mentioned, when the display with higher refresh rate is set to main display than the problem will not occur.)

Since I want to set the display with lower refresh rate as main display (it's laptop's built-in), I want this issue fixed.

fSHUN, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

high-refresh-rate-displays-60hz-and-netflixamazon

1. high-refresh-rate-displays-60hz-and-netflixamazon - Similar Threads - high refresh rate

2. 165Hz monitors refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    165Hz monitors refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz: Hello, I have an Acer EI322QUR monitor which is 165Hz. Today I noticed that the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz and I am not able to change it in settings or NVIDIA's control panel. Something similar to this has happened before when the monitors refresh rate randomly changed...
  3. 165Hz monitors refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    165Hz monitors refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz: Hello, I have an Acer EI322QUR monitor which is 165Hz. Today I noticed that the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz and I am not able to change it in settings or NVIDIA's control panel. Something similar to this has happened before when the monitors refresh rate randomly changed...
  4. Monitor Refresh Rate stuck at 60Hz

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Refresh Rate stuck at 60Hz: Hello everyone, I have an Acer Nitro EI242QRP which is a 165hz monitor, I previously had Windows 11 before facing this issue, I just got back to Windows 10 and I see that my refresh rate is stuck at 65Hz, this never happened before. When I first bought the monitor I was stuck...
  5. Monitor Refresh Rate stuck at 60Hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Refresh Rate stuck at 60Hz: Hello everyone, I have an Acer Nitro EI242QRP which is a 165hz monitor, I previously had Windows 11 before facing this issue, I just got back to Windows 10 and I see that my refresh rate is stuck at 65Hz, this never happened before. When I first bought the monitor I was stuck...
  6. Monitor Refresh Rate stuck at 60Hz

7. Display Refresh Rate

Display Refresh Rate: My laptop screen was said to go up to 165 hz. However, I am unable to change it in the Windows settings. It is only able to go to 60 and 40 hz. My laptop has a AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics and a discrete Nvidia RTX 3050 ti laptop gpu. When going into the Nvidia...
  8. Display Refresh Rate

Display Refresh Rate: My laptop screen was said to go up to 165 hz. However, I am unable to change it in the Windows settings. It is only able to go to 60 and 40 hz. My laptop has a AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics and a discrete Nvidia RTX 3050 ti laptop gpu. When going into the Nvidia...
  9. Display Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. High Refresh rate displays (>60Hz) and Netflix/Amazon Video (DRM content) on Windows 10...

High Refresh rate displays (>60Hz) and Netflix/Amazon Video (DRM content) on Windows 10...: Hi, first, let me give an overview of my hardware setups: #1: Asus FX502VM Laptop: i7-7700HQ, 16GB DDR4, GTX 1060 (3GB), Windows 10 Pro and Ubuntu 18.04 LTS #2: Desktop: i5-4670k, 16GB DDR3, GTX 1070Ti (also Radeon HD 7790 for testing purposes), Windows 7 #3: Desktop:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. high-refresh-rate-displays-60hz Windows 10 Microsoft