Windows 10: High System (ACPI.sys) Usage

Discus and support High System (ACPI.sys) Usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I noticed that system (specifically ACPI.sys) was using around 25% of my CPU at idle, usually causing 1 core to stay at 100% usage. Thinking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BenHalsall, Aug 5, 2019.

1. High System (ACPI.sys) Usage

Recently I noticed that system (specifically ACPI.sys) was using around 25% of my CPU at idle, usually causing 1 core to stay at 100% usage. Thinking something was wrong I searched around the internet for a while looking for a solution but none seemed to work. Interestingly, when I disconnect from the internet system CPU usage drops to <5%.

I've run Malwarebytes, Avast and Windows Defender and none found any malware or other issues.

Running DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth in the command prompt returned no corruption.

I have checked for updated drivers on devices that other users have reported fixed this issue, these were all up to date.

Any ideas for other possible solutions that I can try? I am happy to provide more details if necessary.

System Info:

Windows 10 Pro 1903

Version 10.0.18362

CPU i5-6600k

This is a screenshot detailing the high system usage at idle.

High System (ACPI.sys) Usage e14d00c5-aa8b-40b5-ae64-e692aed5963a?upload=true.png

This is a screenshot showing idle usage with no internet connection.

High System (ACPI.sys) Usage 59f1b350-0fb9-4505-9d56-45befd1bb47c?upload=true.png

:)

BenHalsall, Aug 5, 2019

2. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 5, 2019
  3. GBCrosby Win User
    System and compressed memory high disk usage during file copy

Thank you Amarjeet_Paul.

I spent many more hours than I had hoped this past week reading and trying others' suggestions from this community on how to reduce high RAM usage due to ntoskrnl.exe. The "System and compressed memory" process remained the top consumer of RAM, using 500-900MB,
    among all other processes running. I deemed it to be the likely culprit in making my computer use frustratingly sluggish. After completing your
    third step, steps 1. & 2. provided no improvement in my case, the "System and compressed memory" process RAM usage has plummeted from the top of the Task Manager Process list to the bottom, running at a remarkable 0.1MB! That's a whole lot less than
    1% of the targeted process' gluttony. You're hired! Ps. I'll be keeping an eye on the process' use as I get back to normal operations, and be back if it floats to high in the list. Or if the registry fix you suggested has compromised use in any way. Please
    explain in simple terms what the insertion of your registry modification is doing.

Thanks again.

Geoff

GBCrosby, Aug 5, 2019
  4. High System (ACPI.sys) Usage

System and Compressed Memory High Disk Usage

Hi Yousef,

As you are facing issues with high system memory usage on your PC, we will help you with this issue.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with CPU usage by the processes on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

These issues might occur due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

High System (ACPI.sys) Usage

1. High System (ACPI.sys) Usage - Similar Threads - High System ACPI

2. System process High usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System process High usage: Greetings, I noticed that my System process is using CPU by ~25%I downloaded Windows performance recorder and noticed the following:I googled around that I found out its Nvidia related. But I dont know how to proceed and I would appreciate any help. Thank you all...
  3. System High Power Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System High Power Usage: Since, upgrading to Windows 11 I've constantly encountered many bugs and errors. I should understand that being a newest window OS I have to consider the problems but some led me to reset my device twice but this bug in particular is actually affecting my device for quite a...
  4. System High Power Usage

System High Power Usage: Since, upgrading to Windows 11 I've constantly encountered many bugs and errors. I should understand that being a newest window OS I have to consider the problems but some led me to reset my device twice but this bug in particular is actually affecting my device for quite a...
  5. Consistent high >20% CPU usage by "System" >> ntoskrnl.exe and Apsz64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistent high >20% CPU usage by "System" >> ntoskrnl.exe and Apsz64.sys: Any ideas on what could be causing this consistently high CPU usage by the system process and the calls displayed in the image above? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/consistent-high-20-cpu-usage-by-system-ntoskrnlexe/5f38d925-2d71-427a-afea-a19468280afb
  6. Consistent high >20% CPU usage by "System" >> ntoskrnl.exe and Apsz64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent high >20% CPU usage by "System" >> ntoskrnl.exe and Apsz64.sys: Any ideas on what could be causing this consistently high CPU usage by the system process and the calls displayed in the image above? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/consistent-high-20-cpu-usage-by-system-ntoskrnlexe/5f38d925-2d71-427a-afea-a19468280afb
  7. Consistent high >20% CPU usage by "System" >> ntoskrnl.exe and Apsz64.sys

8. High System Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High System Usage: For some time now I see that the System process in the task manager is using quite a lot CPU power, around 20%. I've installed the latest drivers, tinkered with the power settings, looked for ACPI related items in the BIOS but still nothing. On closer inspection with the...
  9. High system data usage

in Windows 10 Customization
    High system data usage: I'm on a metered connection and my data often runs out sooner than expected. Every time I check the usage the 'system' consumes far more than any other app (Windows 10). The screenshot is from about an hour of connectivity and running gpedit.msc gives that error.[ATTACH]...
  10. High CPU usage by "System"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU usage by "System": Hi. I am experiencing this problem - my cpu is running at high percentage and the biggest contributor to that is a "System" process in the task manager. Goes up to about 40%. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks submitted by /u/Vlatot [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 acpi.sys generating many interrupts