Windows 10: High system data usage

Discus and support High system data usage in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm on a metered connection and my data often runs out sooner than expected. Every time I check the usage the 'system' consumes far more than any other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SecondSonOfKrypton, Nov 30, 2019.

1. High system data usage

I'm on a metered connection and my data often runs out sooner than expected. Every time I check the usage the 'system' consumes far more than any other app (Windows 10).

The screenshot is from about an hour of connectivity and running gpedit.msc gives that error. High system data usage 1e37ec24-c43b-46d6-a349-34ff43ffe7c8?upload=true.png

High system data usage 429e0c6e-5354-40bc-a65f-8055a78d05b7?upload=true.png

:)

SecondSonOfKrypton, Nov 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 high system data usage

We appreciate the additional information. Windows update is one of the possible cause why the system data usage is high. If you prefer to disable automatic updates to avoid high data usage, follow the steps below:

• Type gpedit.msc in the search bar, then press Enter
      to open Local Group Policy Editor.
    • Browse the following path:
      • Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update
    • Locate Configure Automatic Updates, then double-click it.
    • Check the Enabled option to enable the policy.
    • Under Options, change it to option 2 (Notify for download and notify for install).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Nov 30, 2019
  3. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 30, 2019
  4. High system data usage

High System Data Usage with Explorer

Hello All

Think Comcast data usage meter is acting up really, Probably last 30 days of explorer use for OneDrive, why shows so much, so probably a non issue that I didn't even need to make a thread on lol.

High system data usage [​IMG]

AMDMan2016, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

High system data usage

1. High system data usage - Similar Threads - High system data

2. "System" Data Usage Is High Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System" Data Usage Is High Windows 10: My windows 10 "System" using so much of data. It's more than 100GB for the last one week which utilized all my data for this month. I have already tried below,- Set as metered connection- Disabled windows update In both services and local group policy editor- Scanned for...
  3. Windows 11 system High data usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 system High data usage: In my pc windows 11 when I connected to wifi my data is finishing very fastly so i check the data usage in settings it shows system is using more with very quickly i am not unable to use my data my whole data is finishing for this system. I also tried by 'on' the metered...
  4. Regarding High Data Usage by system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regarding High Data Usage by system: Hi All,Whenever I connect my mobile data to laptop, it starts consuming my data very fast in high speed. I checked and did everything like : turning off background appssetting metered connection Windows update paused, etc.Still it's same.If anyone knows any way to fix it....
  5. "system" high data usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "system" high data usage: Ok so from few days "system" is consuming all the internet data and i am not able to do anything . I tried finding some sollutions like turning off my update but still its doing this Some details I am on windows 10 pro My one drive is also disabled so it is also not...
  6. High Data usage by system in Windows 10

High Data usage by system in Windows 10: Hi, My laptop has 234 GB used by 'system' in the last 30 days and about 80 GB in the last 3 or 4 days alone. I am not sure what is updating in the background which uses so much data. This month i breached my monthly data limit for the first time and by a huge margin. What...
  7. System high data usage problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System high data usage problems: My laptop is consuming so much data so i checked the data usage and and it shows my system is consuming so much data i turned on the meterd connection and paused all updates but the problem is not solved. Please help me Microsoft i have only 1gb of data. Can you help me??...
  8. System Data Usage EXTREMELY high

System Data Usage EXTREMELY high: I'm not sure why my system is taking 171.62gb of data in the last 30 days. I have Windows 10 Pro, my PC is connected via Ethernet and I'm pretty sure I have turned off all background apps. I have a data plan with my ISP, and my system is eating it up. Any suggestions?...
  9. High System Data Usage with Explorer

High System Data Usage with Explorer: Hello All Just recently started using Defender for system protection on all household systems, but seeming to use more data for some reason, explorer alone shows used 506 something gigabyte, which i find strange for some reason Pup Protection should be on Previously used...
  10. High data usage from System

in Windows 10 Customization
    High data usage from System: I am using Windows 10 Home Edition on a laptop. The System seems to be sucking away tremendous data without my knowledge. I have my Wi-Fi set up as metered (and tried disabling regsvr32.exe which I saw in another forum). I can't seem to find any solutions online that solves...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system data usage