Windows 10: High "system" process disk usage

Discus and support High "system" process disk usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having this issue from yesterday. My computer suddenly slow down. I went to task manager and saw system process at top of task manager window. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by YeasirVU, Jul 20, 2021.

1. YeasirVU Win User

High "system" process disk usage

I am having this issue from yesterday. My computer suddenly slow down. I went to task manager and saw system process at top of task manager window. I tried lot of stuff and did not work. I updated windows some days ago. I need help ASAP cause I use this computer for class.

:)

YeasirVU, Jul 20, 2021

2. High Disk Usage Due to "System" Process?

Hi,

There are different factors that can affect the performance of your Windows 10 device. This includes recent updates, device drivers that need to be updated and much more. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Were you able to verify which system process was having a high disk usage?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

As an initial recommendation, you can follow the steps on this
    link
    in there order they are posted to improve the performance of your device.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jul 20, 2021
  3. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 20, 2021
  4. High "system" process disk usage

System and Compressed Memory High Disk Usage

Hi Yousef,

As you are facing issues with high system memory usage on your PC, we will help you with this issue.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with CPU usage by the processes on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

These issues might occur due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

High "system" process disk usage

1. High "system" process disk usage - Similar Threads - High system process

2. System process High usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System process High usage: Greetings, I noticed that my System process is using CPU by ~25%I downloaded Windows performance recorder and noticed the following:I googled around that I found out its Nvidia related. But I dont know how to proceed and I would appreciate any help. Thank you all...
  3. System process High usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System process High usage: Greetings, I noticed that my System process is using CPU by ~25%I downloaded Windows performance recorder and noticed the following:I googled around that I found out its Nvidia related. But I dont know how to proceed and I would appreciate any help. Thank you all...
  4. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  5. High disk usage by System process - 2x 4TB Toshiba Disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High disk usage by System process - 2x 4TB Toshiba Disk: Hello, I have a problem with High disk usage by the System process. Since I installed two 4TB Toshiba disks in windows RAID 1 from time to time, I have nearly 100% disks usage, and the computer is no responsive. Can you advise me something? Few screenshots are below:...
  6. High disk usage due to "System" process

High disk usage due to "System" process: Hey community,I am YeasirI have been facing this issue more than 1 week. I tried a lot of ways to solve this problem but no luck. My computer significantly slowed down. Even it lags when I watch YouTube videos. I noticed when I do any activity like watching videos, the disk...
  7. High disk usage cause of system process

High disk usage cause of system process: I am having problem with 100% disk usage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-disk-usage-cause-of-system-process/8f559f1a-634a-469f-9898-96ecaad3065c
  8. System process High Disk or CPU usage on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    System process High Disk or CPU usage on Windows 10: The System process can be viewed as a special kind of process that hosts threads that only run in kernel mode. Its related file name is ntoskrnl.exe and it is located in C:\Windows\System32\ folder. It is responsible for various system services such as hardware abstraction,...
  9. System and other windows processes causing high disk usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System and other windows processes causing high disk usage: Hello, I've been having disk usage problems for a long while and have been reluctant to buy new drives since i'm having a problem with both my SSD and HDD using 100% disk, sometimes its games, sometimes its other applications, however they usually sit at about 70% of both of...
  10. 'System' process high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    'System' process high CPU usage: Hello, Since the past 3-4 days the process called 'System' has been constantly using approximately 35% of my CPU. The usage is pretty much constant all the time. Below you can find screenshots from task manager, resource monitor and process explorer. In the past I've...