Windows 10: High Windows Defender CPU usage while browsing with Firefox

Discus and support High Windows Defender CPU usage while browsing with Firefox in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Antimalware Process hovers around 30% while opening any webpage in Firefox. No issue with Edge.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Karam Lamba, Jan 25, 2023.

1. High Windows Defender CPU usage while browsing with Firefox

Antimalware Process hovers around 30% while opening any webpage in Firefox. No issue with Edge.

:)

Karam Lamba, Jan 25, 2023

2. High CPU usage Microsoft Edge on video Streaming

Hi Sibtain,

Let's try to isolate the cause of this issue with the high CPU usage in Edge. We suggest that you clear your browsing data. Clearing your browsing data will help improve the performance of Edge. To clear, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper-right part of the screen.
    • Click Settings.
    • Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.
    • Click on Clear.

You can also visit this link with a similar concern as yours and check the solution
    provided by Josette Sal.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Stevens79 Win User
    High CPU and memory usage on Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge.

Wow, this reply really nailed it. For both Edge and Firefox, I monitored the CPU usage and picked a process with high CPU usage. I killed 1 process per app and the CPU went down to under an average of 10%.

One connection was Fox News (Firefox), but can't see which one was stopped in Edge.

Great suggestion!

Stevens79, Jan 25, 2023
  4. High Windows Defender CPU usage while browsing with Firefox

VERY HIGH CPU USAGE

Hey there Kristian, first I'd suggest using your task manager and seeing if Windows antimalware executable is going on, because it can spike high cpu usage rates. Afterwords, i'd like for you to do a scan with your windows defender, as it may be malware
    infecting your computer.

SonGoku'sSon, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

High Windows Defender CPU usage while browsing with Firefox

1. High Windows Defender CPU usage while browsing with Firefox - Similar Threads - High Defender CPU

2. Best Fixes for Firefox High CPU Usage on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Best Fixes for Firefox High CPU Usage on Windows 11: While many users claim that Firefox is the best browser for customization, security, and speed, it does come with some problems. One of these is pushing the CPU so high that it affects the performance of Windows 11. You can quickly open your Task manager to see if the...
  3. Antimalware Service uses 30% CPU while browsing with Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware Service uses 30% CPU while browsing with Firefox: Antimalware Service uses 30% CPU while browsing with Firefox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-service-uses-30-cpu-while-browsing/ab50190a-f79c-4481-813f-d13686aa1760
  4. High Windows Defender CPU usage while browsing with Firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Windows Defender CPU usage while browsing with Firefox: Antimalware Process hovers around 30% while opening any webpage in Firefox. No issue with Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-windows-defender-cpu-usage-while-browsing/1cf8e95b-f18d-4e6f-a0d7-fc7cf9725c38
  5. High Windows Defender CPU usage while browsing with Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Windows Defender CPU usage while browsing with Firefox: Antimalware Process hovers around 30% while opening any webpage in Firefox. No issue with Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-windows-defender-cpu-usage-while-browsing/1cf8e95b-f18d-4e6f-a0d7-fc7cf9725c38
  6. High cpu usage while idle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High cpu usage while idle.: So for a while, I have been noticing that my CPU usage has been extremely high while idle. I have tried using commands such as DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth andsfc /scannow, and have also tried a malware scan on multiple antiviruses Avast, Malwarebytes, Windows...
  7. High CPU usage by browser chrome or firefox on startup

High CPU usage by browser chrome or firefox on startup: Every time after booting up windows 10, Chrome would start running automatically in the background only, no window opened up. Task manager would show a CPU usage of about 70% for Google Chrome and the fans of laptop started running at full speed. I tried disabling Chrome in...
  8. Fix Firefox high CPU or Memory usage on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Firefox high CPU or Memory usage on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]High CPU or Memory usage is known to slow down, hang, or freeze systems with Windows 10 installed in them. This high CPU usage could be caused by many applications and processes. If your system is showing high CPU usage [...] This post Fix Firefox high CPU...
  9. BSOD while browsing firefox

BSOD while browsing firefox: I will try and give all the info I can think of I dont know if it might help you. New pc I built a few days ago,specs: #asrock b450m pro 4 #Ryzen 3200g #Corsair cx450 power supply #Seagate barracuda hdd #2x4 3000mhz team group ram (only one stick working) #tp link WN881ND...
  10. High CPU usage from Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU usage from Windows Defender: I have W10 Pro, version 1803, build 17134.19 (although these issues started when I was still on whatever the previous build was numbered) with a i7-6700k, 16gb RAM and a Samsung 750 EVO 500gb. As of the past week or so I've noticed that Windows Defender's CPU usage,...