Windows 10: Higher memory and CPU usage after updating to build 1803

Discus and support Higher memory and CPU usage after updating to build 1803 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After updating Windows to build 1803 a few days ago I noticed my computer got a lot slower, memory usage stays at a consistent 50% while idle and CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Barretto Sepúlveda, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Higher memory and CPU usage after updating to build 1803

After updating Windows to build 1803 a few days ago I noticed my computer got a lot slower, memory usage stays at a consistent 50% while idle and CPU usage skyrockets and everything starts lagging while doing things like opening programs or tabs and watching a livestream while having another program open, they only started happening after updating. I tried rolling back driver updates, updating them again and using the Windows cleanup tools but I haven't tried rolling back into a previous windows update yet.

Higher memory and CPU usage after updating to build 1803 1849326c-0d5b-4cf1-a5de-2a3ff22bb9ad?upload=true.jpg

:)

Barretto Sepúlveda, Jul 24, 2018
  2. 5a5d6cb6-7934-4184-8f8b-e1d16573aa87, Jul 24, 2018
  3. How fix 4-times-higher CPU usage at idle?

I suggest using the trial period of Tune Up Utilities to find your problem using "Program Deactivator"

Higher memory and CPU usage after updating to build 1803 [​IMG]

when you click on one of the two buttons (circled in red) you should have the following picture to show load points.

Higher memory and CPU usage after updating to build 1803 [​IMG]

Hope this helps

RoadBlaster, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Higher memory and CPU usage after updating to build 1803

How fix 4-times-higher CPU usage at idle?

Yes, I have noticed negative effects on my PC's performance:

-Browsing is slower when I open multiple tabs rapidly. I do this a lot (I research multiple links in online articles).

-My PC gets much hotter, and stays hot--so much hotter that I have to turn it off.

After the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, the 39% CPU usage screen shot of my Process Manager was when I was doing nothing--no browsing, word processing, etc. Before I took the screen shots, I closed all application programs. My machine was leveled out, as you better describe it (the screen shots were taken 5 minutes after my PC first leveled out). My PC is 39% CPU usage when leveled out; never lower.

Before the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, my PC was 10% CPU usage when it leveled out. And it stayed there.

1 other PC we have with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (same model as my PC) *HAS* the 39%-CPU-usage-at-idle problem.

2 other PCs we have with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (different brands) DO *NOT* HAVE the 39%-CPU-usage-at-idle problem. They have only 10% CPU usage at idle.

[NOTE I've no software to my PC after the Anniversary Update. My programs, etc. the are same as before.]

Any ideas on what to do to fix my high CPU usage?:
    -use Process Explorer? (how do I use it in this case?)
    -reinstall hardware drivers? (which ones?)
    -suspend certain services? (which ones?)

I've seen comments suggesting each of the above ideas. I need step-by-step instructions (ideally screen shots) for Process Explorer. For drivers & services, which do I try?

Any ideas on the above possible fixes OR better fixes for my high-CPU-at-idle problem? I'd really appreciate them

FuturePerfect, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Higher memory and CPU usage after updating to build 1803

1. Higher memory and CPU usage after updating to build 1803 - Similar Threads - Higher memory CPU

2. High memory and cpu usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    High memory and cpu usage: Never had this happen to me before. My memory and cpu usage is higher than normal, task manager says that my memory usage is 60% on idle. It's usually about 20 or 30, my cpu is 10% on idle and it spikes to 60 sometimes. When I open a game or browser they get significantly...
  3. Dwm higher than 3gb memory usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dwm higher than 3gb memory usage.: So I recently noticed that dwm started to use way more memory than it needs and I couldn't find a solution so far from what I've seen. submitted by /u/chuckdankst [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwewhv/dwm_higher_than_3gb_memory_usage/
  4. Windows Defender SmartScreen - permanent higher cpu usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender SmartScreen - permanent higher cpu usage: Hello, after testing and investigate during more weeks is found that the Windows Defender SmartScreen is permanently use higher cpu resources actually permanent 10-18 percent. From Windows Defender - status and device power - not found the problems. Recent installed -...
  5. Desktop Slideshow higher CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Slideshow higher CPU usage: I've recently started experiencing bad stutter while playing games and it appears to be the result of my desktop background slideshow spiking CPU usage up to 25% on each change. I also noticed while trying to identify the problem that dragging a chrome window around was...
  6. Memory and Disk Usage higher than usual.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory and Disk Usage higher than usual.: Hi, Recently my Memory and Disk usage have been higher than normal e.g my memory used to sit about 10-15% with only firefox open now runs up to 40% and disk averaged 3% with again just firefox open and now goes up to 20% at random. The disk usage problem is being caused by...
  7. CPU and RAM usage getting higher

CPU and RAM usage getting higher: Hi currently I have windows 10 pro build 1809. For some time I been noticed that the CPU and RAM usage getting way higher than usual, but in the earlier version of this (1803) did not have this bug. Please help me out. System Specification Windows 10 pro 1809 8 GB DDR4...
  8. CPU and Memory usage

CPU and Memory usage: Hello. I've been using Windows 10 for quite some while and it was fanrtastic, but my PC started to get slower and slower every day. I decided to check Task Manager and I saw that the CPU usage was at 100% and the Memory usage was at 80%. I did a quick clean to my components...
  9. Is my CPU usage and memory usage "normal"?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is my CPU usage and memory usage "normal"?: My CPU usage is going unstable and is going all over the place when I open programs like firefox. It can go up to 60% when I do something simple like play a video. On the other hand, my memory is always at 40%+ and this is actually stable Here is a pic. [img] The...
  10. memory and cpu usage.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    memory and cpu usage.: What is the normal Memory and Cpu Usage percentage for my laptop. my processor is Intel i7-4500 CPU @ 1.80GHz (4CPus), ~2.4Ghz and my RAM is 8.00GB 18275

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows build 1803 cpu usage

2. Higher memory and CPU usage after updating to build 1803