Windows 10: Higher Power Consumption when not logged into via RDP?

Discus and support Higher Power Consumption when not logged into via RDP? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey Guys I'm running a small home "server" PC constisting of a AMD 3400G, B450 Tomahawk and 16GB RAM. At softwareside it's running Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rheinfels123, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Higher Power Consumption when not logged into via RDP?

Higher Power Consumption when not logged into via RDP? 0p1r8rub-qZ3WK5P-aYZdqJZPsfl3xIaGOcQ5Pu8x0E.jpg

Hey Guys

I'm running a small home "server" PC constisting of a AMD 3400G, B450 Tomahawk and 16GB RAM. At softwareside it's running Windows 10 1903, Newest AMD driver and it's balanced Power Plan. The PC is running headless, if I need to check something I login via RDP.

Today i checked the power consumption and noticed that it's much lower (37W) while I'm logged in compared to not being logged in (50-55W). In the screenshot you can see a short login at the right side to check something quickly. As I did nothing else the power consumption must have dropped just by logging in. What is the system doing as soon as I log out? As nothing else changes I'm sure it's windows related.

https://preview.redd.it/a4fd50i1h9l...bp&s=35d0c0076dd41420f1a4884733a4549ebd0981bf

submitted by /u/Rheinfels123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rheinfels123, Mar 7, 2020
  2. nirgend Win User

E71 firmware v400.21.013 power consumption

Did you who experience a higher power consumption restore any settings/files after the update?

nirgend, Mar 7, 2020
  3. jvco Win User
    Power consumption issue with TP

Hello,

I noticed a shorter battery life with the TP
    Since my computer runs heavy tasks I'm checking T° and power usage.
    Compared to Win 8.1 I also noticed an higher power consumption when idle (3,5W min with the TP, 2,3W on 8.1), data observed with Core Temp.

Someone noticed something similar ?

jvco, Mar 7, 2020
  4. ldk8887 Win User

Higher Power Consumption when not logged into via RDP?

Power Consumption

Is there Microsoft software to track my PC's power consumption?

*** Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category. ***

ldk8887, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Higher Power Consumption when not logged into via RDP?

1. Higher Power Consumption when not logged into via RDP? - Similar Threads - Higher Power Consumption

2. Windows 11 23H2 Idle Power Consumption Higher Than 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 23H2 Idle Power Consumption Higher Than 22H2: 23H2 use More CPU Power at system idle.PS: If your system very clean, Idle L3 ClocksRyzen can >500MHz. but U can be noticed 23H2 prevent L3 Clocks low than 1000MHz.L3/Highest Core Clock synchronization = Real CPU Clock at idle...
  3. Windows 11 23H2 Idle Power Consumption Higher Than 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 23H2 Idle Power Consumption Higher Than 22H2: 23H2 use More CPU Power at system idle.PS: If your system very clean, Idle L3 ClocksRyzen can >500MHz. but U can be noticed 23H2 prevent L3 Clocks low than 1000MHz.L3/Highest Core Clock synchronization = Real CPU Clock at idle...
  4. Win11 23H2 Idle Power Consumption Higher Than 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 23H2 Idle Power Consumption Higher Than 22H2: 23H2 use More CPU Power at system idle. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-23h2-idle-power-consumption-higher-than-22h2/115b4fb9-7d58-4640-b0e3-27ccf0d02bb7
  5. Win11 23H2 Idle Power Consumption Higher Than 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 23H2 Idle Power Consumption Higher Than 22H2: 23H2 use More CPU Power at system idle. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-23h2-idle-power-consumption-higher-than-22h2/115b4fb9-7d58-4640-b0e3-27ccf0d02bb7
  6. Elevating to administrator not possible when standard user log in via RDP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Elevating to administrator not possible when standard user log in via RDP: I am using Remote Desktop to connect to another Windows 10 machine - which I log in with a standard user.Sometimes I wish to run tasks eg installing updated software or running command prompt as admin requiring administrator privileges. f I log into the desktop with a...
  7. idle power consumption higher with SATA hot plug enabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    idle power consumption higher with SATA hot plug enabled: The idle power consumption of my ASUS B560 board increases from 9W to 16W as soon as I enable SATA hot plug for one port in BIOS. Unfortunately I would need this feature for several internal SATA devices (HDD swap racks, backup disks, etc.) Any ideas to reduce idle...
  8. Lowering the power consumption when consuming media

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lowering the power consumption when consuming media: Hey, I use my PC basically for any sort of media consumption. I leave it on just to listen music while I do house errands and such. I have a mid ranged PC. I was wondering if there is a proper way of lowering power consumption while I am not doing anything serious? submitted...
  9. Power consumption issue with TP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power consumption issue with TP: Hello, I noticed a shorter battery life with the TP Since my computer runs heavy tasks I'm checking T° and power usage. Compared to Win 8.1 I also noticed an higher power consumption when idle (3,5W min with the TP, 2,3W on 8.1), data observed with Core Temp. Someone...
  10. Higher RAM consumption

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Higher RAM consumption: mr.rifas ahamed: I am using ASUS Pro P2540UV configured with Corei5, 8GB, 1TB HDD and Nvidia 920MX for last 2 months. Windows 10 Pro had been installed with this. After working for a while with various application, amount of RAM consumption does not reduce to initial level...