Windows 10: Highlight a phrase or word

Discus and support Highlight a phrase or word in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I try to highlight with my mouse the area highlighted does not stay highlighted. I'm sure that there is a setting for my mouse that would fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Scott D., Apr 8, 2020.

1. Scott D. Win User

Highlight a phrase or word

When I try to highlight with my mouse the area highlighted does not stay highlighted. I'm sure that there is a setting for my mouse that would fix this, but have been unable to find out how.

:)

Scott D., Apr 8, 2020

2. Highlighting words

I am having trouble with my mouse I guess. I cannot highlight words or sentences to copy or delete. I begin highlighting and then what I highlighted is no longer highlighted. Or a couple words are highlighted and then the next words are skipped and
    other words are highlighted. It is very frustrating. As I said I cannot do a cut and paste because I have nothing to paste. My attempt to highlight words disappears. What is going on?

catchow999, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Can't Highlight words or links.

Hello Mokhy,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this topic.

Please reply:

• Are you not able to highlight the text or link by dragging the left click of the mouse?

• Do you get options when you left click on the link or sentence?

I suggest you to drag over the sentence or link by holding the left button of the mouse and check if the issue is resolved. Right click on the mouse to show a list of options to do with the highlighted sentence or link.

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance on the query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Geggsie Win User

Editing text instead of highlighting a word.

How do I edit text? If I try to move the curser to the middle of a word it just highlights the word?

On my old phone I could precisely choose where to put the curser and change letters on any word I've typed, on the windows phone if I click anywhere on the word it just gets highlighted and I cant edit it other than deleting or choosing a suggested word.

Its pretty annoying that the phone does not allow me to edit as I go along.

Any ideas/

Geggsie, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Highlight a phrase or word - Similar Threads - Highlight phrase word

2. Word is highlighting all text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word is highlighting all text: Word has just started highlighting all text in documents so that I cannot edit at all. Sometimes I can open up a new blank Word doc and click on the page and then switch back to the document I am working on and then I can make edits for a bit before it highlights all the text...
  3. Word is highlighting all text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word is highlighting all text: Word has just started highlighting all text in documents so that I cannot edit at all. Sometimes I can open up a new blank Word doc and click on the page and then switch back to the document I am working on and then I can make edits for a bit before it highlights all the text...
  4. Word is highlighting all text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Assign A Frequently-Typed Word or Phrase To a Single Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Assign A Frequently-Typed Word or Phrase To a Single Key: I need to be able to enter a short phrase (16 digts long) with the press of two keys and needs to be done in Windows 10 without the use of any third party programs. The phrase will be used 99% of the time in a web based app running in Google Chrome. Can anybody advise?...
  6. Excel Word Highlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel Word Highlight: Yellow highlight shows as green. however it prints out as yellow. also shows green on a different monitor. how do i correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-word-highlight/8b798bcd-b5a0-4bb8-b2e8-6f24b6c4c124
  7. Excel Word Highlight

Excel Word Highlight: Yellow highlight shows as green. however it prints out as yellow. also shows yellow on adifferent monitor. how do i correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-word-highlight/60cb53d2-2341-4366-a750-28f345a560a3
  8. Highlight misspelled words

Highlight misspelled words: Hi, Just have a fresh installed Windows 10 Pro with all latest updates. And I have to languages: ENG (US) and RUS. When I type some random word like "sadfg" in application in windows (Steam, Discord, Chrome) it`s highlight the word with red line like misspelled.I turn off...
  9. Word Online - text disappears when highlighted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Word Online - text disappears when highlighted: When I dictate through Google Read & Write, and I select the text, it disappears. It does not do this when I type and then select text. It worked fine for a week and now I can't select anything that I dictate....so frustrated!!! I can't find anything onlin eo in the help...
  10. Blue Highlighting on words

Blue Highlighting on words: I cant get ride of blue highlighting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/blue-highlighting-on-words/0ca09b74-a4eb-4b91-b80f-b508e7dd2585