Windows 10: highlight and cut and paste not working on coastwatch

Discus and support highlight and cut and paste not working on coastwatch in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, A few times I've been to coastwatch.com.au website and looked at the Fishing topic. It was possible to highlight words and then copy and paste,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bondy99, Jun 30, 2017.

1. bondy99 Win User

highlight and cut and paste not working on coastwatch

Hi,
    A few times I've been to coastwatch.com.au website and looked at the Fishing topic. It was possible to highlight words and then copy and paste, but not now.

Does anyone know if its a problem with windows 10 or has coastwatch web page stopped this to happen, If so, is there a workaround.

Don't want to print a lot of pages

:)

bondy99, Jun 30, 2017
  2. rondaWF Win User

cut and paste not working

so, without a doubt I am frustrated and you could say rude....but I´d appreciate if you will address the paste I have made below here...showing the depth of this problem, how many people it has affected and how long it has been going on....

maybe windows is not aware of the issue.....

rondaWF, Jun 30, 2017
  3. rondaWF Win User
    cut and paste not working

fair enough.

All I ask is you help the 1000´s of other people who have reported the same issue .

When people are frustrated they appear rude.

rondaWF, Jun 30, 2017
  4. sml156 Win User

The only way I know that you can copy paste on a site like that is to view the source of the web page and copy it that way.

You could probably use the developer tool (F12) and remove the code that disables copy paste, I have not tried that though.

sml156, Jun 30, 2017
  5. bondy99 Win User
    Hi sml156.

I can only check for source of email but not a webpage, I tried to do so but could not view it.

I have not tried F12. Copy and paste works great on word document and every other web page except on Coastwatch.com.au webpage. Maybe someone can go that website and see if they have success, if they can copy and paste then it's a problem on my end. If not then it could well be that particular website / webpage cant be done as in highlighting words with cursor, then copy and paste onto a word document.

bondy99, Jul 1, 2017
  6. bondy99 Win User
    I have tried F12, it does not work.

Has anyone else tested that website and able to highlight words and copy to work document, if so, how did you go about it. I've tried a few times and I'm stumped.

bondy99, Jul 6, 2017
  7. sml156 Win User
    I tried it with this page Coastwatch with Internet Explorer and Chrome using right click then view source and it worked.

Note:
    The site is setup so that you are not allowed to copy it with copy paste the way you are used too. I would try to find another site with the info you need that will let you copy it, That site must get it's info from somewhere so try to find it.

sml156, Jul 6, 2017
  8. sml156 Win User

Just figured out another way.

I did this in Chrome but Explorer can do it too:
    Open the page then press Ctrl + S
    Save it as html
    Use file Explorer and go to the directory where you saved the page
    Open it with Notepad++ , Windows Notepad should be able to open it also.

sml156, Jul 6, 2017
  9. bondy99 Win User
    Hi,
    Thanks for that info / advice.

Do you mean save the website address as html or the individual topic posts within Coastwatch fish reports as html?

Cheers

bondy99, Jul 7, 2017
  10. sml156 Win User
    You use the browser to save the webpage you want to copy.

Internet Explorer and Chrome use the same command to save the page it's Ctrl + S and select HTML and the folder you want to save it in.

Then open it in either notepad or notepad++

sml156, Jul 7, 2017
  11. bondy99 Win User
    ok, i'll see how it goes and see if it works for me.
    Thanks

bondy99, Jul 7, 2017
  12. bondy99 Win User
    @sml156,
    Many thanks for your help on my problem. I have tried what you suggested and works great. It's fiddley but does what I need. Would have been greater if they didn't change the way how it use to work.

Cheers

bondy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. highlight and cut and paste not working on coastwatch - Similar Threads - highlight cut paste

2. Cut and Paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cut and Paste: Windows 10 on Dell PC. Why does cut and paste keep failing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-paste/9d22a4c0-5284-460f-8a4e-18aecdcf4645
  3. Cut and Paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cut and Paste: Windows 10 on Dell PC. Why does cut and paste keep failing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-paste/9d22a4c0-5284-460f-8a4e-18aecdcf4645
  4. Cut and paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cut and paste: I have lost the ability to 'cut and paste' from a document file to email. This operation works well when pasting to Word. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-paste/1c07343b-586d-461a-9879-2a6079d3319d
  5. cut and paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cut and paste: i cant cut and paste into the dialogue below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-paste/84333e3a-c893-4447-a22e-85d42636b371
  6. Cut, Copy, and Paste not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cut, Copy, and Paste not working: Asking a question about my son's Lenovo laptop. Cut, Copy, and paste not working. Other hotkey combos that I know appear to be working correctly. This is an issue in Google docs, Word, Notepad, and other programs. I can access his clipboard with CTRL + V and see the...
  7. cut and paste

cut and paste: hello i am a user of windows 10 but from the last 2 months the cut copy and paste option is not working properly please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-paste/e427f24d-0525-4807-9603-50dddf0f00d3
  8. copy, cut and paste not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy, cut and paste not working: No matter what I try to do, I can't manipulate folders by cut, copy and paste. It is this way on the desktop, windows explorer and all programs. So far I have reset Windows 10, did a bare metal install of windows 10, and it will still not work. This last time, right after...
  9. Cut and paste

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cut and paste: After using Snip and Sketch, I found that Cut and Paste no longer works correctly in Excel 2000. yes, I know it's old but it serves my needs. I uninstalled Snip and Sketch but the problem persists To simplify, if I have three cells B1, B2 and B3 containing a value...
  10. Cut and paste in Works

Cut and paste in Works: I've long had the problem that cutting text in Word or Excel and trying to paste in a Works database produces just <<Picture>> in the box (there's a thread on that). Now it's putting <<Picture>> in the box even with a simple cut & paste from the adjacent field....