Windows 10: Highlight misspelled words

Discus and support Highlight misspelled words in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Just have a fresh installed Windows 10 Pro with all latest updates. And I have to languages: ENG (US) and RUS. When I type some random word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by USergiu, Feb 23, 2019.

1. USergiu Win User

Highlight misspelled words

Hi,

Just have a fresh installed Windows 10 Pro with all latest updates. And I have to languages: ENG (US) and RUS.

When I type some random word like "sadfg" in application in windows (Steam, Discord, Chrome) it`s highlight the word with red line like misspelled.I turn off all this in settings auto-correct and highlight, restart but still I see this highlights. If I write something strange in Russian it not highlighting. So my question: What should I do to get rid of this highlighting in ENG (US) keyboard language?

Thanks!

:)

USergiu, Feb 23, 2019
  2. tyagih Win User

'Autocorrect/Highlight misspelled words' NOT working in Windows 10 Pro

Hello

I am using Windows 10 Pro on my laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad T450) and facing issue with 'Autocorrect/Highlight misspelled words' option. Windows is not autocorrecting or highlighting the misspelled words in any of the application. I have checked the following
    Windows settings and both these options are enabled there.

Settings -> Devices -> Typing -> Spelling -> Autocorrect misspelled words

Settings -> Devices -> Typing -> Spelling -> Highlight misspelled words

I have tried turning off/on these settings but it didn't help.

Is anybody out there also facing this issue. What could be the resolution steps to fix this?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

tyagih, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Disable auto-correct and highlighted misspelled words problem

Auto-correct and highlighted misspelled words is disable in "Devices"-"Typing", but I still receive correction highlighted misspelled words.

MarkoMarkovic10, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Highlight misspelled words

Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

In this case, we suggest following the steps below to work around the issue:

• On the Cortana search box, type Typing Settings and press
      Enter.
    • Turn off Autocorrect misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Do step 1 and 2 but this time turn on Autocorrect misspelled words
      and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Check if the issue still exist.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Highlight misspelled words

1. Highlight misspelled words - Similar Threads - Highlight misspelled words

2. Setting Typing highlight misspelled words always on even though it is turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Typing highlight misspelled words always on even though it is turned off: Can someone tell me which program does the setting Typing >"highlight misspelled words" work in???? I tried 10000 apps and it always highlight misspelled words. Please do not say Mail app and skype. In mail and skype apps when I type something misspelled and it always get red...
  3. Setting Typing highlight misspelled words always on even though it is turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Typing highlight misspelled words always on even though it is turned off: Can someone tell me which program does the setting Typing >"highlight misspelled words" work in???? I tried 10000 apps and it always highlight misspelled words. Please do not say Mail app and skype. In mail and skype apps when I type something misspelled and it always get red...
  4. Setting Typing highlight misspelled words always on even though it is turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Finding a misspelled word in Windows dictionary

Finding a misspelled word in Windows dictionary: I am a Desktop Technicain and I have a strange issue that I cannot seem to resolve.I need to find several misspelled words that were accidently added to the dictionary. I am unable to locate the words so I can delete them. I have checked in WORD-Options- Proofing-Custom...
  6. How to enable or disable Autocorrect and Highlight Misspelled Words settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Autocorrect and Highlight Misspelled Words settings in Windows 10: In Windows 10, misspelled words get autocorrected and highlighted automatically. However, if you want to turn off Spell Checker & Auto-Correct functionalities, you can do it via Settings as well as using REGEDIT and GPEDIT. Today we show you how to do it using the Local Group...
  7. Your Phone companion keeps highlighting misspelled words. How to stop it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone companion keeps highlighting misspelled words. How to stop it?: I'm using Your Phone companion app on PC and it keeps highlighting misspelled words when typing SMS texts. I have the "highlight misspelled words" feature turned off in Windows settings but the problem still persists. I can't find any option inside the app to stop this...
  8. Misspelled words

Misspelled words: I'm finding simple words like "the" and "with" and others within the Microsoft pages and can't correct them. This is also on other Microsoft pages. I don't know where the problem originates from, Windows, Microsoft, Edge, etc. I first noticed this with using Goggle Chrome...
  9. Excel Word Highlight

Excel Word Highlight: Yellow highlight shows as green. however it prints out as yellow. also shows green on a different monitor. how do i correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-word-highlight/8b798bcd-b5a0-4bb8-b2e8-6f24b6c4c124
  10. Windows 10 is not underlining misspelled words

Windows 10 is not underlining misspelled words: In the new Word, misspelled words are not being underlined. How do I activate it to pick up and underline misspelled words? It was automatic in the old version, but not now!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. highlight mispelled words in word

2. how do i highlight misspelled words in word

3. windows 10 highlight misspelled words on hardware keyboard

4. highlight misspelled in word