Windows 10: highlighted link not working

Discus and support highlighted link not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure what to call this. I opened a box from my OneDrive settings. In two spots, the words More info were hi-lighted in blue. When I clicked so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nikilet, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Nikilet Win User

highlighted link not working

I'm not sure what to call this. I opened a box from my OneDrive settings. In two spots, the words More info were hi-lighted in blue. When I clicked so I could read what this info consisted of, there was a flash, a box opened for just a couple fo seconds and then closed. The box was gray and empty. I ran across this same scenario earlier this morning in another box and don't even remember now what that was.

:)

Nikilet, Oct 24, 2018
  2. Likhitha V Win User

Can't Highlight words or links.

Hello Mokhy,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this topic.

Please reply:

• Are you not able to highlight the text or link by dragging the left click of the mouse?

• Do you get options when you left click on the link or sentence?

I suggest you to drag over the sentence or link by holding the left button of the mouse and check if the issue is resolved. Right click on the mouse to show a list of options to do with the highlighted sentence or link.

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance on the query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Mokhy Win User
    Can't Highlight words or links.

Never mind once I turned on my computer again I am unable to highlight text left-clicking, right clicking does not work as well, any suggestions?

Mokhy, Oct 24, 2018
  4. AmericanPharaoh Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

1. highlighted link not working - Similar Threads - highlighted link working

2. Links in my emails are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links in my emails are not working: Why are the links in my emails no longer working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/links-in-my-emails-are-not-working/10eec11b-df6d-4254-90c9-7005b44c3610
  3. Highlighter program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Highlighter program: I wonder if anyone in the forum could advise me of a highlighter where the highlights are saved so that the next time you go back to a specific site/page, the highlights are still there. I do a tremendous amount of online ordering. I would like to be able to go to my CC...
  4. highlight and cut and paste not working on coastwatch

in Browsers and Email
    highlight and cut and paste not working on coastwatch: Hi, A few times I've been to coastwatch.com.au website and looked at the Fishing topic. It was possible to highlight words and then copy and paste, but not now. Does anyone know if its a problem with windows 10 or has coastwatch web page stopped this to happen, If so, is...
  5. Links/associations not working

Links/associations not working: Today on Windows 10 I find that links (*.lnk) will not open. I get the message: 'This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control...
  6. new highlights

new highlights: Hello all. Does anyone know if there is a switch to stop the Windows 10 start menu from showing newly installed programs like this [img] Also, does anyone find that a newly installed listing may be blocked from use until a sign out or a restart of explorer?...
  7. Calendar link does not work

Calendar link does not work: OK, so I now created a calendar. Now I want to share the calendar by putting a link to the calendar on my website. So I click share, select the desired calendar, select "links to event details" and there are three links. I copy the one that says "view in a web browser" into a...
  8. Taskbar explorer-link not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar explorer-link not working: Hello. I have pinned explorer to my taskbar. I have added links to my explorer icon on the taskbar. (Such as Z:\Games\ and Z:\Movies\) But when I right-click the explorer icon, then left-click the link nothing happens. I can hear that my hdd starts working. (It does...
  9. Lack of Highlighting

in Windows 10 Support
    Lack of Highlighting: The lack of effective highlighting of selections in win 10 is finally driving me mad *Smile. Is there anything anyone knows of that can deal with this? I have attached a screenshot. Believe it or not Adobe Acrobat Update service has been selected. There is now way anyone can...
  10. Transparent Highlight

in Windows 10 Support
    Transparent Highlight: Hey, I'm really not too sure where to put this however when I drag highlight on the desktop the box isn't blue but it's transparent with a dotted box, an example is below. Does anybody know how to fix this, it just looks ugly that's all. [img] 18783