Windows 10: highlighted link not working

Discus and support highlighted link not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure what to call this. I opened a box from my OneDrive settings. In two spots, the words More info were hi-lighted in blue. When I clicked so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nikilet, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Nikilet Win User

highlighted link not working

I'm not sure what to call this. I opened a box from my OneDrive settings. In two spots, the words More info were hi-lighted in blue. When I clicked so I could read what this info consisted of, there was a flash, a box opened for just a couple fo seconds and then closed. The box was gray and empty. I ran across this same scenario earlier this morning in another box and don't even remember now what that was.

:)

Nikilet, Oct 24, 2018

2. Can't Highlight words or links.

Hello Mokhy,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this topic.

Please reply:

• Are you not able to highlight the text or link by dragging the left click of the mouse?

• Do you get options when you left click on the link or sentence?

I suggest you to drag over the sentence or link by holding the left button of the mouse and check if the issue is resolved. Right click on the mouse to show a list of options to do with the highlighted sentence or link.

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance on the query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Mokhy Win User
    Can't Highlight words or links.

Never mind once I turned on my computer again I am unable to highlight text left-clicking, right clicking does not work as well, any suggestions?

Mokhy, Oct 24, 2018
  4. highlighted link not working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

highlighted link not working

1. highlighted link not working - Similar Threads - highlighted link working

2. Search Highlights not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Highlights not working: It just appears a white space in lieu of the usual search highlights daily image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-highlights-not-working/68f6a5a4-68f0-4495-8702-5e38fbdea252
  3. Search Highlights not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Highlights not working: It just appears a white space in lieu of the usual search highlights daily image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-highlights-not-working/68f6a5a4-68f0-4495-8702-5e38fbdea252
  4. Search Highlights not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search highlight not working !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search highlight not working !: Hi, I want to ask about the "search highlight" feature. I have downloaded and installed the latest version of the "Windows Insider Program". Except for the "New app picker" feature I posted yesterday, the "Search highlight" feature is also not working, although when I watch...
  6. Search highlight not working !

Search highlight not working !: Hi, I want to ask about the "search highlight" feature. I have downloaded and installed the latest version of the "Windows Insider Program". Except for the "New app picker" feature I posted yesterday, the "Search highlight" feature is also not working, although when I watch...
  7. Highlighting text does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Highlighting text does not work: Data highlighting to Copy data is not working correctly or consistently. Frequently when highlighting multiple letters or words the curser hangs up and stops moving so I can’t highlight all of the desired text. This occurs on multiple applications – Word, Outlook, Firefox,...
  8. Chm help file link highlight doesn't clear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chm help file link highlight doesn't clear: Hi everyone, I have a chm help file that has one link highlight from when a link is clicked that won't clear. Usually closing and re-opening will clear all previously highlighted links but this one doesn't. Renaming the file fixes the problem but then the help file can't be...
  9. Chm help file link highlight doesn't clear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chm help file link highlight doesn't clear: Hi everyone, I have a chm help file that has one link highlight from when a link is clicked that won't clear. Usually closing and re-opening will clear all previously highlighted links but this one doesn't. Renaming the file fixes the problem but then the help file can't be...
  10. Chm help file link highlight doesn't clear