Windows 10: Highlighted text disappears when I right click to paste new text

Discus and support Highlighted text disappears when I right click to paste new text in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I hope someone can help with this problem I'm having. Seemed to start after the last windows update. In edge, I highlight the text in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mark L65, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Mark L65 Win User

Highlighted text disappears when I right click to paste new text

Hi,

I hope someone can help with this problem I'm having. Seemed to start after the last windows update.

In edge, I highlight the text in the address bar. Right click and copy the text. All good.

Now I left click on a folder on the favourites bar. Move to the title I want to edit the url, right click , select edit URL. That address is now highlighted. I go to right click on that text in order to paste the text from what's in the clipboard. However now when I right click the highlighted text disappears and the right click menu comes up, but there is nothing highlighted anymore so it does nothing.

If I use the keyboard and press ctrl v. That works fine. Only with the mouse it doesnt work.

I've tried lots of solutions that have been posted regarding copy and paste don't work, however none of these help with this problem.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Mark L65, Jun 8, 2019

2. Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue

Immediately following the Anniversary Update, I have been experiencing issues with text highlighting.

Left click text highlighting rarely 'sticks', or stays highlighted after releasing the left mouse button.

Right click text highlighting doesn't highlight text at all.

I have tried using another mouse (different manufacturer) - same issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks

P.s. I've tried some basic troubleshooting such as searching for updated drivers, restarting system, using another mouse (as mentioned)

rowlands111, Jun 8, 2019
  3. can't cut text after highlight

Hi:

I am going nuts. Word in Windows 10 will highlight text but when you right click to cut the text the highlighting disappears. I can't edit with this program. What is wrong?

RobinHarvey, Jun 8, 2019
  4. ct5098 Win User

Text Editor on Webpage

I'm creating a website that requires an advanced text editor, similar to the word processor in Google docs. I'm planning on creating the editor from scratch, but I'm not sure what language to use. I was thinking of using a Java applet, but I'm open to other suggestions. Some of the features that are required are highlighting and drawing (such as Microsoft Paint). Any suggestions would be helpful.

ct5098, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Highlighted text disappears when I right click to paste new text - Similar Threads - Highlighted text disappears

2. blue highlighting in text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue highlighting in text.: i'm now getting blue highlighting in search results. BUT i have tis extension on my laptop that says :Disable Google Search Text HighlightsThis minimalistic extension disables "Scroll to Text Fragment" feature in Google search resultsIf i enable it, it doesn't work. if i...
  3. Highlighting Text is Opaque

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighting Text is Opaque: Hi,So recently I have been having an issue; whenever I'm highlighting anything on the desktop or in Windows Explorer, it turns an opaque yellow. It was my accent color but I changed it, and even then it is still yellow. When its restarted, the highlight color goes back to...
  4. highlighting text

in Windows 10 Customization
    highlighting text: i cannot highlight text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighting-text/4fb85490-8e25-4846-9b6e-63123bc04d65
  5. Highlighting text

Highlighting text: I want to highlight some text in an existing email so that I can copy it and reuse it. But the cursor has changed to a hand symbol - not the usual arrow - and it won't let me highlight. How can I restore it to the normal configuration?...
  6. Text right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text right click: Hi, I need to know how toedit texts when you right click in desktop... Like edit 'copy' with 'explode' or something like that with regedit idk... If I can't, however, where is the place where Windows 10 saves this scripts? I mean, the scripts with the default texts of...
  7. Right click text highlight menu color

Right click text highlight menu color: Hi, With the new windows update, The highlighted box color is grey as you can see in the example below when I hover over "Refresh". Is there a way to change that to blue ? I dont want to change the theme . [ATTACH] Thank you...
  8. Can't highlight text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't highlight text: Ever since a Windows 10 update a while back my mouse has not worked properly. I can't highlight text, or it highlights one word and jumps around. I've tried updating the driver and no luck. What is going on?!!...
  9. Trouble copy and pasting and clicking on text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble copy and pasting and clicking on text: The problem starts with trouble clicking on the beginning of a text to highlight. Instead of starting where I point my cursor, it tries to highlight an entire word or phrase or sentence. After many attempts, if I do manage to highlight the word or text I want, it often won't...
  10. Word Online - text disappears when highlighted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Word Online - text disappears when highlighted: When I dictate through Google Read & Write, and I select the text, it disappears. It does not do this when I type and then select text. It worked fine for a week and now I can't select anything that I dictate....so frustrated!!! I can't find anything onlin eo in the help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. highlighted text disappears

2. computer wont copy. highlight dissapears

3. right click when highlighted doesnt work

4. Right Click copy highlighted text not working